1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Montario Hardesty

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by szarmes, Feb 15, 2010.

1. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37

Montario Hardesty, RB Tennessee. 6'1 215lbs
    Senior Year Stats (keep in mind he plays in the SEC) :
    282 attempts, 1345 yards, Avg 4.8 yds, 13 TDs...
    25 receptions, 302 yards, Avg 12 yds, 1 TD..

It's amazing his stats considering he has no offensive line support. In the first video, there is always a defender in the backfield before he gets the ball.. Reminds me a lot of Thomas Jones

Tell me what you think

2. SDDon

SDDon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    I watched your YouTube highlights from your post. And I agree he looked very solid. His 40 time seems to be in line wioth most of the ****** power type backs avaiable. The fact he is a senior and played in a strong conf. in college adds to any interest in him.

I liked what I saw. But I also like Blount, Mathews, and do we need two backs because Sproles is gone to still wiegh heavily on the what RB's we need to bring in this year.

I would agree that this kid should be in the mix, and maybe part of the solution.

3. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    good stuff - it'll be interesting to see how he ranks as we get closer to the draft - anyone know if he'll be at the combine?

4. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    I'm fine with drafting him in the 4th round. He looks like he could be a solid backup.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    if you pair him with a quicker back (a Jahvid Best or a CJ Spiller or someone like that), he'd be a great compliment. I even think his style of running best suits a wide open passing offense.

Just wanna make sure he's faster then Charles Scott of LSU or just has DECENT speed.

edit: for a big back he hesitates an awful lot behind the line. It's one thing to be patient or wait for blocking, he just looks indecisive and unsure in some of those clips

6. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    I think he'll run around a 4.5 at the combine. He also does have a lot of experience catching balls out of the back field which RBs at SD are pretty much required to do. If Sproles doesn't stay, I think he'd make a nice pair with Jahvid Best. IMO a 4th rounder...

On that last note, the offensive linemen allow a lot of penetration to begin with so he is forced to hesitate to find a new hole. And that was only 1 game you saw, there aren't many highlights of him out there so a lot of questions will be answered on Feb 27 at the combine

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Hardesty could be the Frank Gore of this draft, totally under the radar because he's not a homerun threat, but solid all around and a gritty tough runner

I'd take a flyer in the 3rd round depending on our earlier picks.

8. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    I think if Sproles is gone this guy should be the second RB we take. A lot really depends on Sproles and we'll find out by March 5 if he is resigned.

Mathews/Sproles would be like a LT/Sproles combo (which has worked great for us)
    Mathews/Hardesty would be like the Deangelo Williams/Jonathan Stewart combo...
    Mathews/McCluster would be like a LT/Sproles combo or even like the Pierre Thomas/Reggie Bush combo
    Best/Hardesty would be like the Chris Johnson/Lendale White combo (in 2008)
    Best/Blount would be like Chris Johnson paired with Brandon Jacobs...

etc.

Soooooo many options. A lot will depend on Sproles. I hope he stays so we don't have to use 2 picks on RBs but IMO he's probably gone..