1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

More dumb Texans Comments...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by nickelbolt, Oct 27, 2007.

1. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Seems to me that Ahman Green is the only one who comes off NOT looking like an insensitive piece of crap:

Texans relieved to know location of Sunday's game

Air quality raises some concern with McNair, but players not fazed

By JOHN McCLAIN and DALE ROBERTSON
    Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

The wait is over. It's official: The Texans will play the Chargers at 3:05 p.m. Sunday as originally scheduled.

The office of San Diego mayor Jerry Sanders issued a release today saying the game would be played at Qualcomm Stadium on Sunday.

Told the news as they were leaving their locker room after Friday's practice, several Texans expressed relief that the matter had been resolved, although quarterback Matt Schaub reiterated what he had said while the matter was being debated: "We're getting ourselves physically and mentally prepared to play, whenever and wherever it is.

Asked if he was concerned about San Diego's air quality, Schaub said: "It's not going to be 100 percent perfect, obviously. We have to accept it and play football."

Cornerback Dunta Robinson was relieved to have the uncertainty behind him.

"Back to normal – perfectly fine," he said. "Now I can make sure I bring my suit (to Reliant Stadium Saturday)."

The Texans will fly to San Diego shortly after noon. Had the game been pushed back to Monday night, they would have practiced at their facility Saturday, then traveled on Sunday.

Continued...
    Link to full article: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5248573.html

2. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    I didnt take it that most were sounding like a piece of crap, but whatever.

I dont get the extra day thing tho......it isnt like they have to fly to London the next week. The Chargers flew to the east coast 5 times in 2005 and played i think 3 teams coming off of a bye week in that stretch.

3. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Just play the damn game you bunch of sissies...

4. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    They're from Texas, that makes them BIG sissies. I hate Texas.

5. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    You wanna duel, or just fight here. :lol:

6. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Round 1 - FIGHT!

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    [​IMG]

HADOUKEN!!!

8. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Isn't it normal for most teams to depart on Friday or Saturday morning before the game!? These comments are just ridiculous. So the only difference is them playing in Dallas or Arizona (which obviously is a shorter distance) and flying an extra hour to San Diego .. Get over it and let's play this game biatches ..

9. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Guess I was just in a "mood" when I read the article the first time, thus the "piece of crap" comment. Still, I think these guys should have just commented as Green did. I also think they have no clue as to how much the people of SoCal and specifically San Diego suffered (and are still suffering) as a result of these fires. At least that's the way they came off to me.

So I hope our boys make them suffer.

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Uh oh .... :lol:

11. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Yep. sdbound is due for an *** kicking. :yes:

:lol:

12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yeah, I kinda get the distinct impression that you're one of those "Don't mess with Texas" kinda guys. :lol:

13. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I like sdbound. He's a good guy. He still needs an *** kicking though. :yes:

:bolt:

:flag:

14. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    My ex lives in Texas, if you need your *** kicked I'll give you the address.
    (it's under a bridge, if you see smoke you'll know she caught something)

Her lawyer kicked my ***.