1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

More Pacman News...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan, May 10, 2007.

1. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2866310

Geez, leisure. Your boy is in more strip clubs than Tony Soprano is at the Bing. :lol:

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    At least Tony Soprano gets free 'tang from the chicks at Bada Bing. :icon_tease:

3. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Uh, it goes to more the thought that you are supposed to be trying to clean up your image.

Going to a strip club and hanging out with unsavory elements doesn't show that you are trying to present a clean image. Especially, the day before you are going to meet with the dude that will decide your fate.

But, I guess you wouldn't understand, since you are ok with gun-wielding maniacs playing football if they can run the 40 in less than 4.35 seconds and/or possess a 42" vertical. Who cares if they beat up a few people. That's just good ole fashioned fun.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    I don't understand why you defend gangsta wannabes and fat lazy unmotivated players

5. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    give me an fing break, people are free to do as they please, so long as it does not hurt others, it does not apply to Jones' behavior

BTW playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right, so if your boy wants to make a living playing football he has to clean his act or hit the road

6. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851

Oh Pac-Man is free to do whatever he wants, as long as he doesn't mind not playing for the NFL.

Remember, playing in the NFL is not a right written into the Constitution, no more than working for a specific employer is there.

If I work for a computer company and one weekend, go out to a strip club, get into a fight, and later fire a gun, then get arrested, my employer has the right to fire my *** or suspend me (put me on unpaid leave) and I can't do dick about it.

But yet, an athlete does the same, and the NFL (or MLB, or NBA) can't do the same in response?

If anything, the athlete has a greater responsibility to be "clean cut" than I do, because millions of kids aren't buying shirts with my name on it, and aren't trying to emulate me.

7. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851

That's the "clean cut" image I was referring to.

Think L.T. hits strip clubs after practice? Or does he come home to his loving wife?

You think LT could have broken records last year if he spent time hitting strip clubs at night and exposing himself to possible trouble?

Who is more marketable? L.T. or PacMan?

PacMan is also hurting his ability to earn advertising dollars with all his gangsta ****.

8. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I don't hit SD strip clubs anymore. California clubs suck compared to Nevada or Texas, or just down south in Baja.

9. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    While Pacman goes to strip clubs the guy he shot is paralyzed and he was the sole provider for his family. Since it happened here in Vegas, we get reports more often than most places.

Pacman is a douchebag and should be in jail for a long time...and just might as they are still looking into binging charges against him.

10. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715

Maybe he can pick up the King Stahlamn Bail Bonds endorsement now that te raiders suck!:yes:

and yes people have the right to do almost anything they want as long as it's legal. However freedom to do a thing does not = freedom from repurcussions from your actions legal or not.

Lash Out

Still waiting for that American flag smilie.

11. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    You're right that there's nothing wrong with what Pacman did. It's his prerogative. But it's not the brightest of moves. It's like going to a bar right after an alcoholics anonymous meeting. Is it illegal? No. But in attempt to clean up his image, Pacman is still putting himself in the same environments that put him under this scrutiny in the first place.

12. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
    leisure's right. Someone in Pacman's posse did.

13. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77

And far from me to defend Adam, but this shooter was "allegedly" in Adam's posse. He was just basically seen at Adam's table in this club. I don't doubt that he knows the guy, Adam rolls with a posse with a combined IQ of 20, but I will freely admit that I have chopped it up, bought shots, and drank beer plenty of times at strip clubs with guys that I didn't actually know.

I will defend Adam on the fact that this strip club owner is implicating Adam Jones primarily because he's trying to avoid a civil suit from the employee of his that got shot. That guy has an axe to grind, and it may be the right axe, as Adam Jones has shown to be an imbecile. However, I have always been suspicious of this strip club shooting.

14. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Pacman should have stayed out of the strip club for the same reason you don't wear shorts, thongs and a tank top to the defendant's table during trial.

15. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402

True but the story here is that he gave the order to do so. Which is probably part of the investigation going on about whether they will file charges against him or not.

16. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6800606?FSO2&ATT=MA

How free is this dude now ?

[​IMG]

Paralyzed man lashes out at Pacman

Associated Press
    Posted: 8 minutes ago

DENVER (AP) - Tommy Urbanski fidgets in his electronic wheelchair, trying to find a comfortable position.

No luck. The pain just shifts.
    Also...

Pacman, Goodell to meet again

Urbanski, paralyzed from an inch above his belly button on down, was shot at least three times Feb. 19 at a Las Vegas strip club during the NBA All-Star weekend.

The pre-dawn shooting followed a scuffle involving Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones and a security guard inside the club. Las Vegas police have recommended felony and misdemeanor charges against Jones for inciting the fight that police say led to the triple shooting. The identity of the shooter remains a mystery, and prosecutors want to hold off on filing charges until more details emerge.

Jones, who has been questioned by police in nine other incidents since being drafted two years ago, has been suspended for the 2007season for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy.

He's appealing the suspension and recently took out a full-page ad in a Nashville, Tenn., paper that said, "Learning that I would be suspended from the NFL was one of the worst moments of my life."

Urbanski shakes his head.

"That's the worst moment in his life?" Urbanski asked. "Try being put in a wheelchair for the rest of your life. This changes everything."

Tom Urbanski has tried to keep a positive attitude, all the while knowing his life will never be the same. (Las Vegas Sun, TIffany Brown / Associated Press)

Now, Urbanski spends his time navigating his chair down the hallways of Craig Hospital, a Denver facility that specializes in spinal cord and traumatic brain injuries. The 6-foot-6, 390-pound former professional wrestler attends three to four physical therapy classes a day, learning how to get in and out of his chair, dress himself and put toothpaste on his toothbrush. All are still struggles as he regains strength in his arms.

Some days, the 44-year-old just can't get out of bed - the pain is too intense. Even so, he's grateful.

"There are people worse off than me," Urbanski said.

He tries to remain upbeat for his wife, Kathy, who's almost always nearby, even sleeping by his side on a fold-out couch. And for his father, Don, who came up from Florida to help.

After three weeks in a medically induced coma, lung and rib infections, bowel and bladder complications, pneumonia, multiple operations on his wrists and the removal of his spleen, progress has been slow.

"I make a step forward and then take two steps back," said Urbanski, who has a 9 mm bullet permanently lodged in his spine.

Former Detroit Lions offensive guard Mike Utley understands.

Utley was paralyzed Nov. 17, 1991, in an NFL game and gave a memorable "thumbs up" gesture as he was wheeled off the field. Now he reaches out to spinal-cord patients to give them hope.

"This injury has never changed who I am, who I was or who I want to be," Utley said. "I want out of this wheelchair real bad. But it will never stop me."

Recently, Urbanski's kidneys temporarily shut down, causing him to gain 57 pounds in water weight and his legs to swell to nearly three times their normal size. He's wearing size 17 shoes just so he can squeeze in his feet. He frequently stops in mid-sentence as a jolt of pain overwhelms him.

"A good day for me? Physically, I haven't had one," said Urbanski, who couldn't get out of bed Wednesday due to intense headaches he ranked at 20 on a 1-to-10 scale. "Mentally, looking over and seeing my wife by my side is always a good day. But the pain - it doesn't stop."

It all began in the early morning hours of Feb. 19.

Urbanski, who worked as a real estate broker during the day, was working at the Minxx strip club as a manager to earn extra income to send his wife to law school.

He arrived at the club at 4:45 a.m., entered through the back door, clocked in, grabbed a portable radio and was told there was a problem in the dancers' dressing room.

After breaking up the dispute, another employee asked Urbanski to keep an eye on the front door. As he stepped outside the club, he remembers seeing a muzzle flash out of his left eye and then crumbling to the ground.

"I didn't even feel the pain of the bullets," Urbanski said. "I didn't feel anything."

As Las Vegas police work to fill in the gaps, the Urbanskis are upset over what they consider a lack of progress.

"We're taking it very seriously," said Lt. George Castro, leader of the Las Vegas Police Department's violent crimes unit. "We are still working on and looking at everything that comes in. We've never closed our doors or said enough's enough."

According to a Las Vegas police search warrant, Jones was showering dancers on stage with thousands of dollar bills. Minxx strip club co-owner Robert Susnar has said the shooting happened after Jones threatened to kill a bouncer, whom the club owner said intervened when Jones allegedly attacked a dancer after she grabbed money on the stage.

Jones' attorney, Manny Arora, didn't respond to a phone call or an e-mail.

"Did it (throwing the money) incite them in a violent fashion or in excitement? We don't know," Castro said. "But when you call fire in a building, you're still liable if someone gets hurt. There's a certain amount of responsibility."

Meanwhile, Urbanski's wife is busy trying to get their life in order for when they return to Las Vegas in late July. On this day, she was on the phone, feuding with a worker's compensation company that wouldn't approve a bigger, more wheelchair-friendly bedroom.

"My moods are determined by his pain," said Kathy, who'll leave June 20 to return to her job teaching third-graders at a Las Vegas public school and will fly back on weekends. "Everyone in (the hospital) would rather be in that chair than their loved ones."

"In a heartbeat," said Don Urbanski, who has a hospital-issued apartment a short walk and an elevator ride from his son.

When asked how difficult this has been, watching his son adjust to his traumatic injuries, Don Urbanski put his hands over his face and sobbed.

His son stays focused on the small triumphs - playing the guitar or cooking balsamic chicken and wild rice for his family and the Craig Hospital staff.

It's those glimpses of his former life that uplift, and devastate, Urbanski.

Take an upcoming Harley Davidson fundraiser on June 3, when dealerships in New York and Las Vegas will raise money for Urbanski's care. Though appreciative, he wishes he were riding his motorcycle with them.

"I was always on my bike," he said, staring at his hands. "It's so nice that so many people care."

Bring up his professional wrestling days, and his eyes light up. Known as the "Mad Russian" and the "Polish Prince," he wrestled World Wrestling Federation stars such as Hulk Hogan, Sergeant Slaughter and Junkyard Dog. He fought mostly in smaller venues, but had a couple of WWF television appearances.

"I was usually the bad guy," Urbanski said with a laugh. "It was fun being the bad guy."

Now, that role's being played by others who have yet to be identified in the shooting.

"I didn't know these scumbags," Urbanski said. "The guy could've walked up and put one between my eyes and I would've been done.

"I'm alive. When you come to think of it like that, I got off easy."

17. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

Thats really sad whoever did that needs to rot in Jail.

18. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402

:rolleyes2: I hope Pacmans career is done and he goes to jail for a long time. Screw that thug POS.

19. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    That's a bizarre take ...... :icon_huh:

20. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Pacman busted ....... again !!!

"Titans' Pacman Gets Speeding Ticket"

21. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Got to be the cities fault for posting that friggin speed limit sign

22. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243

Maybe not, but his posse did.

BTW: I lost count .... how many gals did Pacman spit on?