1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

More picks may come!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by szarmes, Mar 17, 2010.

1. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Things are starting to shape up as we head closer to the draft. Whitehurst got us a high second and we have a couple of 3rd rounders next year but I still think more picks may come.
    I think that on draft day, we will trade Sproles away to dump his salary and get another pick, possibly a second rounder. In the end, we might come away with 2 high second rounders which would really be a luxury. With the extra second, we could fill the needs at RB, NT, and CB all in the first 2 rounds and add depth to other positions later on. I really can't wait til draft day! :abq1:

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Don't forget Acee has been playing Miss Cleo again, and says there are teams that are going to pursue VJack and Merriman. I hope we keep Vjack, but Merriman has no future here past 2010, if we can just get another 1st rounder for him (this year or next) I'd be ecstatic.

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I think we have 3 Third round picks next year. :yes:

One for Charlie, one for Cro (which could go as high as a second rounder depending on Cro's play) and our own third round pick.

Bundle two of those 3rd rounders for a second round pick THIS YEAR.

Save the Cro 3rd round pick so the fans can root for Cro to kickass and give us that extra 2nd round pick in 2011.

Bada bing. :bolt:

4. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    If I were AJ, I wouldn't know what to do with all those picks!! lol. It would depend a lot on who's available at the time and what needs we'd already knocked off the list. We will definitely have a few rookie starters next year

5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556

This is a tremendously deep draft at almost every position thanks to all the juniors that came out. I'm sure AJ can think of something.:yes:

They came out because there might very well be a rookie wage scale included in the next CBA.

6. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    If that happened (trade Sproles) it would be to move up in round one IMO

7. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings:
    +34
    No way! Draft best available defensive player in 1 then trade Sproles to the Skins for their second rounder, draft Best then draft McCourty @ 40. Then you grab either Dixon in the 4th or Bell in the 5th. With the in between picks you grab the best available defenders and maybe 1 OC.

8. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    Don't be so sure...

We don't want Best...two many concussions to take seriously, especially with anything higher than a late 3rd!

..for that matter Ryan mathews has a history of being injury prone doesn't he? If thats true...dont want him:tdown:

9. Chargerfn909

Ratings:
    +34
    Watch film on Best, he's the best RB in the draft. His concussions COULD be serious, however with a 2nd round pick I would take the guy ALL day. -- With some NFL coaching on how to stop jumping10 feet in the air for a 1 yd TD, and actually running outta bounds his brain/career could be saved. He would replace what Sproles did x10000, he's 5'10'' 200lbs, with the best vision, burst, balance, and raw speed of any RB. He's a true football player with a GREAT character.

Mathews had _1_ good year @ Fresno, not too much a long list of injuries including a concussion.

10. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Watched Cal football. Best was great, super fast and very tenacious. I don't think he'll have the impact some of the speed running backs have had through. He just doesn't look ready for the big uglies of the NFL. He'll be good, but not Chris Johnson good or anything...

11. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Isn't that the same type of stuff we heard about Reggie Bush?

12. Chargerfn909

Ratings:
    +34
    Is everyone going to for always compare every fast RB to Reggie Bush?

13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Only the ones who don't know any better. :lol:

14. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Hey does that fast RB remind you of Reggie Bush... :icon_shrug:

15. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Oye gavalt! :icon_eek:

16. Chargerfn909

Ratings:
    +34
    :lol: NO. McKnight reminds me of Bush and I can't stand McKnight :icon_tease: