1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

More Released Players

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Mar 12, 2012.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Texans cut Eric Winston

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 12, 2012, 6:50 PM EDT
    Eric Winston is on the way out in Houston.
    Winston, an offensive tackle who has started all 16 games for five straight seasons, wrote on Twitter on Monday evening that the Texans informed him they’re letting him go.

We noted a week ago that Winston’s $5.5 million base salary made him a candidate to be asked to take a pay cut or restructure his contract, but the Texans’ decision to release him today still comes as a surprise. It was a shock to Winston.

“Unfortunately I have bad news,” Winston wrote. “The Texans have decided to release me today. Although it is a surprise, I have nothing but positive memories and great relationships that I have built over the years. While my future seems uncertain, I am confident I will land on my feet. Let me say thank you to Mr. McNair and the whole Texan organization. They have had big role in the player and person I have become. And last but not least to my fans and teammates. You guys are the absolute best! I will miss all of you more than you know.”

Now Winston becomes an unrestricted free agent, joining Levi Brown as the second starting offensive tackle to join the free agent market today.http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

2. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 12, 2012, 5:57 PM EDT
    Five years after they made him the fifth overall pick in the NFL draft, the Cardinals are sending Levi Brown packing.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the Cardinals are expected to release Brown, who has started all 16 games at offensive tackle for four straight years. Brown is a dependable starter, but the cap-strapped Cardinals couldn’t justify his $17 million cap number.
    When the Cardinals drafted Brown out of Penn State, many Arizona fans wanted them to take Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson instead. Score one for the fans after Peterson ended up going seventh overall to the Vikings and becoming the best running back in football.
    Now Brown becomes an unrestricted free agent, and he’ll be a good pickup for some team.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

3. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I'm curious as to what impact this will have on our ability to sign Gaither.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    More tackles on the market, lower price for Gaither

5. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    I would love to bring in Winston. Hell bring in Levi too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    That or a higher contract given to one of them leads to Gaither raising his price. Gaither might have had a lower ceiling based on past inconsistencies, but that might be raised if one of these other guys is setting the market.

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I would too if we weren't already paying the worst RT in the league 4.5M.

AJ Smith's stupidity is costing us dearly.

• Like Like x 1