1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

More Turds news...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by EsDee_in_RI, Mar 19, 2008.

1. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
  2. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    John Clayton wrote an article not so negative on Al Davis. It's just a matter of how you wanna spin it. The Raiders haven't done squat, so instead of trying to continue to develop young players and reward your own, Davis is seeking immediate solutions to get it done now. The problem is you have no continuity on your team as your own players grow tired of their miniscule salaries in comparison to "non-raiders" being brought in. See how that works for the redskins every year? It's almost as if Al is going all in now. Problem is, his team wasn't even on the verge of contention. We'll see how the gamble pays off, but if it backfires, the Raiders will be bad for a VERY long time.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    overpaying players does in a sick way make sense because A) no one wants to stay in oakland any longer then necessary and B) because the only thing the raiders have going for them is they toss around big salaries because no one wants to play in oakland especially if they want to be in the playoffs.

THere's also a rumor that the Raiders will remove the franchise tag from Nnamdi Asamougha and make him a general free agent.

4. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    When you suck you have to overpay to get anyone good, all we have to do is look back a few years ago, but that's not the way to rebuild.

5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    <ahref="http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=3217534">head exploding</a><br><embed src="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf" flashvars="m=3217534&v=2&type=video" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="430" height="346"></embed>

AL DAVIS IS BLOWIN' UP YA'LL!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    I like how Kevin Carter rejected the chance to be a raider. I guess there are still some smart vets around still.

7. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Funny that you mention the Redskins. George Allen tried this three decades ago. Helped them to become merely respectable in a league that was smaller than it is now. I hate accounting too much to try and figure out the current, post signing binge cap space the Raitards have, but I suspect that after they sign they're draft choices(assuming they CAN sign them all with what's left), they are going to be looking like Bear Stearns-or is that Bare Stearns?

8. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    They are going to go broke.....maybe this is Al's last season before he sells team and wants to go out in a bang buy trying to buy his last championship....it doesn't matter anyway they are screwed. Once the money is gone the players will be gone and the organization will have to crawl back up from a hole deeper than they have been the last few years.

I don't think they have ever seen themselves as a rebuilding team. That's their problem. They make big signings every year, so i guess they think they are good but are missing 2,3 or 4 pieces to the puzzle. That front office is messed up.