1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Most Overpaid Charger?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by obviousman03, May 6, 2009.

1. obviousman03

obviousman03 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Who do you think the most overpaid Charger was in 2008? I did an in-depth analysis and came up with 5 candidates after comparing their contracts to their performance. Those candidates are:

Chris Chambers
    Luis Castillo
    Matt Wilhelm
    Jyles Tucker
    Clinton Hart

You can check out the analysis and vote for who you think was the most overpaid Charger here. For the record, I voted Wilhelm, but Castillo and Hart are not far behind in the voting and a case could certainly be made for any of the five players.

I'm actually a little shocked at the low number of votes for Chambers, who was useful in the Colts playoff game but was relatively quiet the rest of the season. I think fans do not care as much that he's getting paid like a top receiver because it was a contract we inherited from Miami.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I'll have to go with Castillo. That's a lot of cash for that injured dancing Bear.....:icon_huh:

3. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    It cant be Hart, he makes INTs in Training Camp

• Like Like x 3
  4. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    :icon_rofl: :nana_dance: :icon_rofl:

5. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    And the neck roll is so intimidating.

6. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    [​IMG]

7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Wilhelm followed closely by Castillo

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    NICE!!! :hilarious:

Yelling Mon is the most underpaid Charger!

10. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I don't see Norv Turner's name up there.

:icon_shrug:

11. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    I have it the same - you are obviously very wise...

:icon_rofl: :lol: :yes:

12. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Wilhelm's a loser. He serioulsy should be off the team the first chance we get. Kid couldn't tackle, couldn't call plays, couldn't get through to the backfield. Though not useless, Matt Wilhelm was a distraction at best.
    Luis Castillo pretty much falls into the same category except Castillo used to be a stud. He couldn't do much of anyhting injured or not and was more useful as a distraction. When Jamal Lewis is ontarget, Castillo usually shines. For some reason, that was not the case.

• Like Like x 1
  13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I'm framing this quote for future reference :yes:

14. socaldelmar

socaldelmar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Chambers and Tucker shouldn't be on this list

15. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Forget those guys, I'm gonna go with Buster Davis, how much has he made so far? I'm gonna guess around 6+ million over the last 2 years.

The guy has 24 carrer catches, he makes roughly 250,000 per catch.

16. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Wilhelm because he is just worthless.

Than Castillo, he got way too much considering the production he gave in 2008-09.

Chambers should not be there, He led the the league in tds through the begining of the season until he got injured in Miami.

17. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Clinton Hart is ready to show all of you why you are idiots - again.

Mark my words.

You will all be hiding wondering where to find your balls to tell me I was right again.

It never fails. :bolt:

18. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    I wondered if your Clinton Hart spidey-sense was tingling when this thread was started. :lol:

• Like Like x 2
  19. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    Trumpy,
    I'll have you know I know exactly where my balls are, in my wife purse. She even lets me have them back once and a while.

And I would never tell you that you're right :D

• Like Like x 3
  20. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Hart also set a Chargers record for INT's with Cro two years ago when the D-line did their jobs and Weedle was not calling the defense.

Why didn't anyone else in camp make any INT's worth mentioning ?

I wonder why no one else noticed ?

Could it be because you are all full of caca or just buying the spewdum the rest of the forum enjoys following like lemmings? :yes:

Is there anyone left who still thinks Jammer sucks ? That was all the rage for anyone who thought they knew football and could read a forum or as they say....par for the course.

21. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    When Hart and Cro set the Chargers record for INT's and Hart destroyed Cutler going through the running back in the process, no one...I mean no one had the balls to say "yo T-Man, you were right".

It did not happen then and will not happen now. That is a forum for ya.

The same **** with Rivers. I called my shot and no one had the balls to say, "yo dude I (we) all know you are full of **** but you know what, you were right"....wait...one poster had the balls ....

22. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    I have no problem with Hart. Like you said, when the front 7 does their job = magic happens.

But...

Given that the defense is (supposedly) 100% healthy now and we have a new assasssin LB/DE, this D should be able to take control, NO EXCUSES.

23. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    For the morons who admire the neck roll, the coaches made Hart play with it or they would not let him on the field.

Something about huevos should register with some of you but I seriously doubt it.:lol:

Check your junk wherever it may reside. :bolt:

24. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Hart has NOWHERE near the talent that Jammer has, get that out of your mind

And by your same logic, then is Hart good only when the defense around him is good or is he bad when he has to do his job?

25. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Again?

He hasn't shown us YET, let alone "again".

:icon_rofl:

I vote Matt WIFFhelm. Fuk that guy.

26. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Who is replacing Igor as a LB/DE assassin ? Not English. If English is a 3-4 DE, then he better weigh close to 300 pounds to take on the left tackle. He doesn't fit the bill as a starting DE in a 3-4 defense.

Right now as it stands, the Canadian rookie is the closet thing to an Igor replacement we have on staff. I am not doing cartwheels knowing we are rolling the dice at DE.

27. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Bingham is probably going to be the DE, yeah it aint great but frankly its debateable how much worse he can be then igor was, and that's me saying it.

Martin they might rotate in but I want that mean SOB learning to pwn3d everyone on hte inside

28. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Trumpy... why don't you tattoo that fuggin' neckroll across your shoulders and show it off at the next 'gater? :lol:

29. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I did not say Hart had the same talent as Jammer.

Hart has the same f'n idiots who say he sucks just like they said Jammer sucks. Get up to speed and stop doing a Concudan. You were guilty as charged and so are a few of the other posters.

Hart did not have a stellar year last year. Nobody in the defensive secondary had a good year. NOBODY.

How do you go from setting all time INT records for the Chargers to **** is the question that should be asked. What changed ?

Posters are basic punks and reach for the first thing everyone else is saying in a forum.

Jammer did not turn his head or have the INT's and that was the mantra so Jammer sucked. I defended Jammer and his right to call the fans idiots in the paper and Jammer was right.

I saw Jammers talent and ability to DEFEND his man and tackle his ***. Everyone else basically called Jammer out as a pile of **** and you all know who you are. The same thing is happening with Hart. It is like a broken record in a forum and the weaklings all nod their heads agreeing because .... well because they are idiots.:bolt:

30. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    The secondary is only as good as the front 7 is playing.

You could have jesus christ manning the secondary and his *** will get burned the way the front 7 played last year.