1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Most overrated draft prospects

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Apr 11, 2010.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
  2. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Sean Weatherspoon isn't overrated... He is a beast on the field and a leader and he's very smart.

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    All draft picks are a shot in the dark and overrated, until proven otherwise.

4. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Agreed. But this is about these players draft stock being too high.

5. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Georgia Tech
    The concern with Dwyer is that he took most of his carries from the lead back in the triple-option offense. That makes him a tough evaluation.
    That means the quarterback made the option read, either gave it to him or didn't based on the defense crashing down on him, making it easy for the back. There were few handoffs in a conventional style.
    That has many wondering if Dwyer can make anybody miss. It's easy to rip of big runs when the hole is wide open based on the read.
    Dwyer also had a disappointing combine workout, but did post decent times at his Georgia Tech Pro Day.
    Even so, there are concerns about the way he was used at Tech and whether he can adjust.

6. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Toby Gerhart, RB, Stanford
    He's a tough kid who plays hard and put up some big numbers at Stanford.
    But I don't see the elusiveness you need in a back on the next level. He isn't running over people either like he did for the Cardinal.
    He is supposed to be a really good kid. And you get the feeling people are rooting for him to succeed. But I see him as more of a fullback than a feature back. You must make people miss on the big-boy level as a starting runner and I don't think he can do that on a consistent basis.

7. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    As much as I do not want to say this.. I think Dwyer will be OK. I hated what he did to the "U" defense.

8. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I don't care about their draft stock. They're over hyped, over paid and until they prove what they can do in the NFL, to hell with em.

9. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

Doesn't matter much

Even if they play for 3 years

they'll still be overpaid.

:bolt:

10. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    My point exactly, the NFL pay system is screwed up. This dudes should get minimum wages until they can live up to all their hype. till then, join the real world sucka.

11. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Unless they are a clutch figgy kicker,

then, pay the F*** as much as we can!!!

:flag:

12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Add Demariyus Thomas to that list.

He shows some promise in that he's big, physical, & will fight for the ball.

On the flip side, he got thrown to very seldom, runs poor routes, has little to no knowledge of route trees, & is almost completely unproven. Yet some have him listed as a possible 1st rounder.

If you thought VJ had a rough start, wait until you see this kid in the NFL.

13. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Yeah I'm really surprised so many people have given a 1st round grade to a guy who can't run routes, has often had trouble catching the ball, and is yet to actually WORKOUT this offseason.

14. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    How good of a FB is he going to be if "He isn't running over people either like he did for the Cardinal."? If the quote is true, than he isn't going to be a very effective FB