1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Most valuable offensive person for Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by daniel5678, Nov 7, 2005.

?

Who is the person most responsible...

1. LaDainian Tomlinson

100.0%
  2. Drew Brees

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Antonio Gates

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Cam Cameron

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. daniel5678

daniel5678 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    The Chargers' offense is clicking like we haven't seen since the Coryell years. It started happening early last season. My question is:
    Who is the person most responsible for it?

a) LaDainian Tomlinson
    b) Drew Brees
    c) Antonio Gates
    d) Cam Cameron

2. BengalFan

BengalFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    The most important offensive person?

This is not a question easily answered. LT is the NFL's best runningback. Gates is maybe the best Tight End, and niether of them would have success without good play from QB, Drew Brees. So I would have to got with Cam Cameron, since he has worked with some of the best offensive guys in college that are now in the NFL , he has a track record of producing some steller offensive stars. So im gonna go with Cam Cameron.

3. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    I too would have to go Cam Cameron too. Like in the Coryell days, Ernie Zampese was the Offensive Coord. that made Air Coryell take flight. Cam does the same for us. He knows how to use the weapons we have and distributes the ball properly.

A team can have all the talent in the world but if you don't have the OC in place, you go nowhere. Example, look at Arizona and Detroit. Tons of talent on offense, but they can barely score over 10 points a game.

Cam is one of the most innovative OC's in the game today and will be highly sought after for available head coaching jobs.

4. Raiderssuckass

Raiderssuckass BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    It all starts at QB. Brees is the most valuable piece of the equation. He directs the team on the field and is the leader. LT is a very close second., his presence on the field and his ability to run takes the load off of Brees and opens things up for Gates. I agree tha Cameron calls the plays and creates the playbook. But you need the right players to execute it. So agian my vote goes to Brees.

5. daniel5678

daniel5678 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm going to put my vote in for Brees. As goes Brees, so goes the offense. They didn't get hot as a unit last year until he got it going. LT and Gates are stupendous and Cameron may be too (hard to say for sure) but I'm pretty certain that if Brees missed any time, the offense would start having some big trouble.

Even after last season though, I was kinda blaming Brees saying he "took so long to get it going." And that if he had played better earlier in his career, the team wouldn't have had to draft Rivers and they could have had a Roy Williams. But he has showed this year that he is no fluke. And anytime you have a franchise quarterback, you just count your blessings. That's what Brees has become and our offense is far better for it.

My second question to everyone is:
    If AJ Smith hadn't drafted Rivers, would Brees have lifted his game to this level?

6. BasPilot

BasPilot BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    Hey dude, I put a poll on there for you... If you need help putting polls up I can help you, and everyone else... So everyone go back and vote!

7. daniel5678

daniel5678 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey thanks. Loooks good.