1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Mouton carted off field

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,378
    Mouton suffered some type of leg injury in practice today. Didn't have much hope this guy anyway, but his chances of contributing have just gotten worse.

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,171
    Vooondabah! :mad:

3. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,378
    Kevin Acee did say awhile ago, that if he wasn't drafted so high, he probably would've already been shown the door.

4. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,171
    Its another hit the line backers corps. The heart of the D....

5. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,378
    That doesn't mean that there would be a big drop of between him and the next man up. He's just a guy, not an impact player.

6. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,171
    I dont see how we have enough information to go on to say that. He hasnt gotten much playing time. But given that he was an AJ reach, you may be correct.

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,171
    3 games played 1 solo tackle...

8. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,378
    Well, there has been plenty written by Acee the last couple years saying the guy never picked things up, and just didn't look like he'd ever amount to anything. And yes, Mouton was a another AJ "reach" player.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,594
    I imagine this just confirms that the only question on the ILB depth chart is whether it'll be Gachkar, Bird or maybe both that stick around.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,594
    Jonas Mouton was the BIGGEST reach maybe in AJ Smith's entire career. I said when he was drafted that this might be his worst pick and a massive bust and it looks like that's the case

11. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,378
    I'd rather have either over Mouton anyway.

12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,171
    *couch* Buster *cough*

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. EOTL

EOTL BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +81
    I never like seeing/hearing about players going down to injury, but Mouton won't be missed.

14. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,594
    Buster at least played some meaningful downs and contributed on the field, something Mouton can't say. That's the only reason I'd rank Mouton higher than either Davis (buster/sammy) in terms of AJ Fail

15. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,378
    Agreed. Buster was a 2nd round talent that was taken late in the 1st. A reach, but not a huge one.

Mouton had no business being selected in the 2nd round.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    But one was a waste at #30, the other at #61.

Course it's crazy to argue about which one was worse when we can all finally agree that AJ freakin lost it ;)

17. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,378
    Sure, but one had ability, but couldn't stay healthy. The other was ordinary, and couldn't stay healthy.

It may not matter greatly in the end, but I do see a difference. ;)

18. powayslugger

powayslugger 2014--- Bring on the Lombardi!

Ratings:
    +163
    sorry to hear anyone gets injured. That might hurt mouton's ability to stand in an unemployment line after the Chargers cut his a$$. His changes of making the team went from "very slim" to none.

19. powayslugger

Ratings:
    +163
    I gots ta know... Any news about Larry English staying healthy for one full practice... did he make it through the first day????

20. powayslugger

Ratings:
    +163
    I don't dislike Mouton... but he went to MICHIGAN... and I HATE MICHIGAN.

21. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Well, if we're going to argue hypotheticals, I'd say that Buster never had NFL ability. Sure, he was a rung above Mouton, but that's like saying goat tastes better than mutton ;)

22. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +441
    Nothing against the guy and hope he gets back to 100% and gives himself a chance to compete but for me per where he was selected, this was the worst pick in AJ's era. Thought it right at that moment too when the selection was made. I remember analysts scratching their heads with a gigantic "WHO" speech bubble coming out of their heads. He was a 6th/7th rounder at best. Disgraceful waste of 2nd round pick.

23. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,594
    I don't hate him I hate that he was selected in the second round and that he hasn't done anything since joining the Chargers. But I don't hate him personally, no point in doing such in the first place.

But yeah I'm thinking Justin Houston or Martez Wilson would've looked better in lightning bolts than bleepin jonas mouton

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,171
    Then your a git. ;) Buster was a first round pick, Mouton a 2nd round pick. Buster might have had some shining moments, though I cant seem to recall them, but the value of a first round pick compared to a second round pick cannot be ignored in your equation as you have done, IMHO.

I mean for pity sake, in a pass happy O, over 4 years he had 51 receptions... 51! That is a bad year for most third position receivers...

25. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    I feel bad for the dude, he didn't choose to be picked where he was and if he'd had played like an all pro AJ would still be here.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,378
    Mouton has a torn ACL...... gone for the year. And most likely, the end of his time as a Charger.

27. ssnake86

ssnake86 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    That D.J. Smith signing is looking smarter and smarter. Looks like he'll make the roster for sure now. Great pickup by TT. TT fixing the AJ mess one step at a time. :)

edit: We'll we save any significant amount of cap space by waiving Mouton?

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,583

3 years in the guy never played a meaningful snap, even when Butler went down last year.

I feel bad for the guy, but right now I seem to have stronger emotions for that idiot AJ Smith.

• Like Like x 1
  29. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,594
    Can't see how on earth he's a Charger next year, sorry for the guy but he was a huge mistake

30. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,378
    He was a 2nd rounder, so he's getting some cash, but it's not exactly "significant" money.