1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Mouton & Taylor

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Ikeman83, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Looks like we're going to find out about these two sooner than later:
    http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/nov/26/jonas-mouton-brandon-taylor-likely-debut/

2. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,039
    At this point the team doesn't have much of a choice. I haven't been able to get confirmation on Gachkar (Conc, you find anything?), but it looked like he along with (these have been confirmed) Butler, Bigby, Stuckey, and Weddle all came out of Sunday with injuries. And Weddle for certain, and I'd assume likely one of either Butler or Gach (it looked like he might have broken a couple ribs), will miss the game against Cincy. And Bigby (groin), Butler (groin), and Stuckey (hamstring) all have the kind of injuries that make it difficult to come back from in a single week.

3. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +456
    Yep, it's a good start. Lets get Troutman and Molk in on the line. Give Shareece and Gilly the start at CB. Reyes should start over Martin. And feed Mathews the rock until the kid drops. Better for the future of the team then to keep throwing the same tired bunch out. Lets see what we got so we can prioritize our needs for next year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MadMike

Ratings:
    +456
    By the way, Spurlock was waved today. Might be a solid pickup for ST's and to return kicks/punts.

5. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,039
    Word on Troutman is that even though he's practicing, he's not expected to play this year at all. Same with Dombrowski. Phil just needs to be wrapped in bubble wrap with his left arm left free to hand the ball off to Mathews

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +633
    thats unfortunate. Troutman, I still believe can be a solid, and mean Guard in the NFL.. Though, I feel like he has a Gaither attitude.

7. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    And Gilly will start at FS I believe.. Taylor will be at SS.

Word on the street is Bigby's groin injury is "pretty bad".. so we could see alot of Taylor.

If it was me, I'd have Gilly and Jammer at the safety positions, Wright & Cason at corner, and a nice rotation with Taylor & Jammer going on at SS.

8. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    Bigby placed on IR.. Bront Bird signed to the active roster..

9. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +900
    Does he? The team knew he was injured when they drafted him, and expected him to miss his rookie season. They rolled the dice with a 5th round pick, I guess we'll see next year whether or not it was worth it.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,602
    Troutman isn't going to be active anytime soon, he's on the roster but he's no closer to playing than he was at the start of the year. He's going through a red shirt year.

Taylor, Mouton, let's see what they have. We've got nothing to lose.

11. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    I think it is a great time to bring in prospects and see what they have. I don't like all of the injuries, but injuries or not we need to start evaluating or young talent. Time to rebuild!

12. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,039
    And baptism by fire from the sound of it. As Bigby went on the IR today (Good riddance! Go lower your shoulder at the door and dive your way out of here, buddy). And we re-signed... wait for it... Bront Bird! :roflmao:

The white flag has officially been waved. Frankly I expected AJ to put up more of a fight, but then again... he may truly be confident that he's going to still come out of this whole debacle with his job still (or... as is probably the case, he knows he'll still be in demand for another job if/when he's let go).

13. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    I know, Bront ******* Bird..

It's whatever, since he's only gonna be here for a week or two. Butler should be back next week unless its a serious groin injury, cough Gaither cough.

Bront is just the 5th linebacker I'm guessing, and will take over Gachkar's responsibilities on ST's while he's out there or if Gachkar is hurt. He was holding his side for a majority of the game. So it'd be Spikes, Mouton, Williams, and Bird.

I think it was more of a salary cap thing and a familiarity.

14. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    He's not even on the 53 man roster yet.

15. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Andy dalton is going to murder this secondary. Glad I have him on my FF team!

16. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,147
    Bird is the word... I like his style, and the kid does have a motor when he's out there playing...

17. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +442
    If we end up with a starting D like below Sunday I'm happy let's see what they all got;

Reyes - Franklin - Liuget (with Cam and Martin rotating, screw Garay)
    SP - Spikes - Mouton - JJ (with a healthy sprinkling of Ingram and Williams)
    Wright - Gilchrist (FS) - Taylor (SS) - Jammer (with Cason playing some nickel)

18. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,602
    Only thing I'd probably do is remove JJ and put in Ingram as a starter. Rotate Barnes in on obvious passing downs

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I don't think you want to necessarily pull JJ because he's under contract and is going to be here next year (his play has certainly earned that). I think that what I'd rather see would be JJ lining up on the Strongside and Ingram on the weakside so that he can get more opportunities against tackles.

20. MadMike

Ratings:
    +456
    Maybe we could get him one of those blow up sumo wrestler outfits in blue and gold?

21. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304
    Haven't you heard?

the-bird-is-the-word.gif

22. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    Cason won't play nickel..

Neither will Taylor start, Corey Lynch is. Which is so ******* dumb and so Norvous. Veteran over rookie, guarantee you that has Norv stamped all over.

I'd like to see Ingram start playing where Phillips is. Might as well, since SP will most likely be gone after this year. I think Ingram can get around a RT a little better than a LT.

23. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,039
    It familiarity. He knows the playbook better than any street FA you could get at this point and he adds value at being able to contribute immediately on ST.

At this point, I'm not rushing anyone who is injured back prematurely. The only reason I'm not wishing a minor, but still pesky injury (like a high ankle sprain or hamstring pull) on Rivers is that I know that - in spite of people wanting to call him a P**** and what not this season - THAT GUY would still go out there and try to play until he was forcibly dragged off the field or wasn't able to stand from the bench to drag himself out between the hashes.

There's all of one game I want to win of the remaining ones this season - the game against the Raiders - and I'd just as soon lose all the rest in the mean time so that we can afford to win that one game and it doesn't do anything to "merit" Norv being retained.

24. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,039
    Actually you can't blame Norv. Giving the young players time is hoisting up the white flag and admitting that he's accepted he'll be let go at the end of the season. He's not going to do that, because as far as he's concerned he's still fighting for his job and putting inexperience players on the field doesn't give him better odds of doing that.

Wright will probably see a significant amount of time at the nickel spot because with Stuckey out as well as Weddle (and being short-handed in safeties to begin with) Gilchrist will be the primary back and possible starter at FS if Stuckey can't go.

25. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    Who knows what happens this week, but if we have 8 loses, and Indy and Pitts win, I'm pretty sure were mathematically out.

But who knows, unfortunately your right, Norv is fighting for his job. I guess you never know, Giants tore it up last year went 9-7 made the playoffs and a Super Bowl appearance. I have faith, but realistically can't see that with this team from what I've seen so far 11 games in..

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Guys... This team is not winning this week. Or next week. Maybe (maybe) the following week... But by then they will definitely be eliminated mathematically and Norv (if he's still here) will be able to throw the young guys in to preserve what's left of this team.

Hell... let Whitehurst start vs the Panthers and avoid any risk of injury to Rivers. But at that point it might be Bisaccia at HC and he'll be thinking he's auditioning for a HC gig.

What a horrible situation this team is in.

27. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,610
    Actually in a bassackwards sorta way, we're heading in the right direction.

This entire franchise needs a culture change, and the disasters that have happend this season...choking when we had the Saints on the ropes, blowing a 24 point lead, losing to a 1-6 team after a bye, 4th and 29, the offense being historically awful on 3rd downs, not selling out home games, the "take a chill pill" line etc... might just be enough to beat some fu*king sense in our dumbshi*t owner.

28. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Beating the Raiders could swing our draft position by 5+ spots. It's not worth it.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  29. Holy_Bolt

Ratings:
    +362
    I agree with the statement the "franchise needs a culture change". It needs to hold individuals, coaches, and management accountable for the performance of the organization. This has not happened in a long time. All they do is pick scapegoats and burn them...and the decline continues.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Holy_Bolt

Ratings:
    +362
    I edit my post to reference organization versus team...because I agree with Matilack that this is truly an organizational transition not just a coaching change that needs to happen. Take a Chill Pill Bolt fans! FU!