1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Movin' the Chargers...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by And_1, Jan 17, 2015.

1. And_1

And_1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    This is an imsomniacs rambling on the state of the Chargers in terms of their home city. You have been warned.

If the Chargers had to move to a different city, they are going to find getting support really difficult in Los Angeles. There is no love for them there as fans are already entrenched with the Raiders and Rams... And it's Los Angeles so of course the Seahawks and the 49ers get love there too -bandwagoners- . I think the most logical move would be for them to move to Anaheim.

As someone who lives between these two cities here in Long Beach... I hate them both. Los Angeles is full of crazy fakes and Orange County is full of ignorant snobs. The only time I ever truly feel comfortable is here in Long Beach where it feels like a "safe zone" or when I'm in San Diego.

With that said, if the Chargers can't make it in San Diego, I feel like they would instantly have a following in Anaheim/OC... Those people are fiercely loyal to their local sports teams. I wouldn't approve of the move and would really consider not following the team altogether if that happened because I REALLY HATE the OC but if I was a businessman if explore that avenue over Los Angeles.

My personal take however is AGAIN that Orange County is basically Eagleton from the TV show Parks and Rec mixed with a slight brush of the women in the movie The Help... Apologies for referencing that movie in a football forum but my girlfriend made me watch it. Further apologies to the regulars on this board. I never post but I'm always visiting for the fresh opinions of other fans here.