1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Moving forward....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Mar 14, 2006.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    Now that Drew has moved on, let's talk about this team and the upcoming season. Can this team get back into the playoffs with Rivers leading the offense?

It may be his 1st full season starting at QB, but I do think that with an improved secondary and some added depth on offense, that this team can and will get back into the playoffs this season.

Thoughts?

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    I dont know much about Rivers. I went to four of the camps last season, and one of the preseason games. I watched Rivers, and in Drills with no rush he did well. As soon as there was preasure, he would send them off target. Thats my assesment. He made a couple of good, not great throws in the preseason games. But he has happy feet, and doesnt seem very mobile. To my memory he has tripped over himself while scrabling twice.

I am hoping that they work him hard and the reps get him settled down and he shows us why we drafted/traded him. Right now my mentality is I will back him 150%, but I dont have the warm and fuzzy feelings about him.

If we dont get some more beef on the OL, and some secondary help I think he could have some problems. We will need to do some max protection schemes for him early on IMO.

Our schedule looks like a cake walk now, but each year teams improve and what is a preseason cake walks schedule can turn into one of the toughest shedules around.

I say we have to wait and see with Phil. However I am not happy that the only other ball chucker on our team is Feely. He cant get it done at this level, why he is still here is beyond me.

3. jermz9195

jermz9195 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Yep, I see a big year for LT like he did back in 2003 when Brees struggled. Gates will also play a major factor.

4. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    With AJ all but finished in FA I have my doubts. We NEED o-line help....bad. I don't understand why he didn't even give Mawae a look or Runyan for that matter. Either of those guys would be an instant upgrade.

Brees is gone. Fine. But with this o-line I feel for LT and Rivers.

I'm not happy.

5. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I think AJ likes build the O-Line via the draft, but I'd love it if we brought in a stud FA O-Line guy. Rivers isn't going to have a chance if we can't protect him. Let's build a great line through Free Agency and the draft!!! Get some BEEF!!!!

6. AthensPhilipRiversFan

AthensPhilipRiversFan New Member

Ratings:
    +331
    Conc,

Yall will adjust to seeing the "happy feet." Philip's a happy man. :icon_wink: And his mobility is not as bad as it seems. He is so long and lanky that he just looks like he can't move. He can and he will. I've seen Philip take off running and thought how did he do that? But he'll surprise people at times doing just that. He will also hit most anything that gets in his way, as he's already shown a few times. :icon_lol:

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
    O.k. O.k. I acquiesce...

8. AthensPhilipRiversFan

AthensPhilipRiversFan New Member

Ratings:
    +331
    :icon_huh: THAT was far too easy...

Are u feelin okay today??? :icon_mrgreen:

9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
    Yeah, I really hope he is all that he is marketed as. I honestly do. I have nothing against him, I just felt that DB was the better choice based on what I saw. DB is gone, PR will be great, he has to be, because Feely CANT get'r done.