1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Moving On, Bolts Go To Mild High...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Does anyone have any thoughts on the upcoming game this Thursday? What needs to be addressed? What would be a good game plan? And what ever happened to Em Diggy?

Pointy

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    My only thought is the Broncos are the other end of the spectrum health wise. We have a god damn mash unit walking out there, on a short week after a physical game. And they have maybe 1 key player injured...TOTAL! 1 Bronco starter is injured, that is it.

Hate to sound so negative, but I expect the Chargers to get blown out.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,026
    We may lose but will not get blown out if the offense helps out this M*A*S*H defensive unit, by staying longer on the field and converting on some 3rd downs! We still have a very capable QB, a bulldozing hungry young RB and awesome WR / TE combos. Let's integrate Ladarius Green in some form of formation with both Gates and Floyd on the field. Let Reich have Rivers go arial for jump ball and see how their CBs fair!

4. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    I HATE the unlucky streak we've been having with injuries. I think the Chargers will get the victory though. This team has shown consistency even in the loss yesterday. This ISN'T like the old team of yesteryear, they seem to love to come to play against the best. Which is what I believe they'll do come Thursday night.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. gonzokrb

gonzokrb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64
    Did we kidnap Pagano and give Rex Ryan a disguise?

6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Can't say for sure what will happen against the Donks, I do know the Bolts are beat up and short handed and maybe being backed into a corner might just be good medicine for them.

It won't be to soon when guys start getting back on the field, I just hope they can be as fully recovered as can be. We all seen what happened to Flowers. Why Flowers was allowed to re-enter the game is crazy, unless he thought he was capable of doing so or just trying to be macho. Now he's back in the infirmary work on getting back yet once again.

Dropping the Chefs game hurt worse than a loss in the mile high stadium come Thursday due to the fact it was a home game. Losing to the Donks in their crib won't be a stretch for any of the talking heads so the Bolts have nothing to prove other than they can pull off an upset, sort of like the Chefs just did to them. I'm just hoping for the best and please no more injuries.

7. OP Bolt

OP Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    FoxMann is a pretty good coach. Offensively and defensively they will implement the same scheme as KC, but with better players. Bottom line - can the Chargers win - of course, it's the NFL, and stuff happens. But in order for the Chargers to win, an unlikely avalanche of stuff has to happen in their favor.

Offensively, I would expect to see a lot of no huddle ball control to keep Rivers on the sideline and tire out an already tired defense. Except, with a better arm and better receivers, Manning will air out around 8-10 deep routes, which Smith couldn't or wouldn't throw last week. I expect he will make half of those throws against Wright, Marshall, Davis, et.al. This will probably keep Weddle and Gilchrist back to try and help in pass defense/tackle after reception. Having the safeties back will help the Denver running and play action, especially around the edges. Over the years, the only reliable way to defeat Manning is to establish middle pressure. With middle of the road backups at ILB, two older/slower OLBs, slower backup DBs against the reloaded Denver offense - it will take a heroic effort, with turnovers to slow down Denver.

Defensively, I think they will focus on pass rush, run control and third down - just get Rivers off the field. Again, it will take heroic effort for the OL to both establish a run and give Rivers enough time against much improved talent this week. Against poorer teams, the Chargers started to go deeper, with Rivers taking more time. The KC game showed, they need to go back to the Seattle game plan. If he holds the ball more than about 2.5 seconds, we can't consistently stop Hali and Houston. Without Mathews, I'm skeptical that Oliver, by himself, can establish a consistent run attack.

Needless to say, giving up any kind of big play on ST will be a disaster. And, if there were any game where a spectacularly good Chargers' ST play would be useful, this is it.

Going Forward - I think we are seeing the talent limits of the team, especially the backups when going against middle tier or higher competition. While I think TT has done a great job of improving the team within the constraints of his cap limits, he pretty much started with a moldy lump except for five or six key players. My first take on next year's needs - OL and defensive front (DL/LB).

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    No way Denver implements the same approach as KC. Denver has very different personnel. They have one of the best receiving corps in modern memory, a HOF QB and a 2nd string RB with a propensity for fumbling. Denver will be throwing it all over the yard on Thursday.

9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    We will win.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Why do you tell so much Truth?

11. House of Hayne

House of Hayne Chargers Smash

Ratings:
    +204
    It's all up in the air
    How can it be next man up if there is no one left?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bigkdb

Bigkdb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +74
    Jump on Peyton and punch him in the back of his neck would be a good start lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Bigkdb

Bigkdb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +74
    Agreed. When all is lost with us, we usually play crazy

• Like Like x 1
  14. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    You wouldn't be a true Bolts fan if you weren't nervous about Thursday night.....just keep'n it real folks......every divisional game seems to be a pain in the arse for us. :confused:
    But who in the hell knows anymore....any given Sunday I guess.
    GO BOLTS!!!!!

15. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    For the love of God....can we get some defensive 3 & outs PLEASE!!!!:speechless:

16. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Mike;

Any given Thursday...

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Chargefwd

Chargefwd BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +78
    I like it when we are the underdogs... Sh!t, the Bronco fans around here are giggling like a bunch of school kids thinking they have this in the bag... just like Thursday last year.. I'll take some "Crazy" play right about now. We will prevail!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Burnaby Bolt

Burnaby Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    Any given Thursday…

Divisional game… gonna be a 1 score game either way… we play well against Denver, and at least in this case, we won't be caught playing down to the competition. Go Chargers

BBB

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Bigkdb

Bigkdb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +74
    All we have to do is play his receivers tough and pass rush should come from there. Peyton so so quick with his reads and footwork that the only way to mess with him is to slow down the timing of his receivers. From there we need to force his *** to move. They won't be able to run the ball nor do they want to. Look out for quick bubble screens and the most obvious PICKS that they set and the refs don't call

20. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    No, not on Thursday.
    Wonder how many times the defense will jump...over/under 4?
    The one bright spot will be watching for the anytime possibility of Peyton going out for good. I think that guy is glass, ready to break.
    Not that I wanna see him in a wheel chair or anything, but the sooner he is in the booth the better.
    Gonna be a long night my friends...

21. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,157
    Chargers are huge underdogs: 8 points
    (for perspective, none of the 13 Sunday games [26th] are that high!)

The rosters have changed a bit in 7 years, but I was one of those lucky enough
    to be in the stands when our Chargers picked off Peyton 6 times in one game!

1 INT of 6 off Manning.jpeg

I'll settle for 3 or 4 in Denver tomorrow night. Go Chargers!!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  22. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    The Bolts have em right where they want em.

23. Chargefwd

Chargefwd BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +78
    Amen Brutha! Come out cool and light them UP!

24. Chargefwd

Chargefwd BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +78
    I know that you mean man... But Peyton is too smart to let it get to a major injury...He will hit the dirt rather than stand there and await the Big Hit... And he will not sacrifice his health for a touchdown (like Elway would) becuase he is fully aware that he would shatter something fierce.. He has never been a big fan of physical pressure. We need to keep him off the field with our offense and get after his *** with the D.. "Three and outs" like Chargermike said... Get after 'em Bolts!

25. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542