1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

MTL Draft Watch 2008

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by MtlBoltsFan, Sep 20, 2007.

1. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    From the man who told you Mike Bell is his #1 sleeper RB in 2006 and brought Eric Weddle and Patrick Willis to bolttalk before anyone else comes MTL Draft Watch 2008. Here are some of my boys....

Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College

Why he rules: Extremely competitive QB (unlike Rivers he is calm and and yet competitive) with great size and a huge arm and good accuracy on his throws. Can sit in the pocket and take a hit if it means getting the ball where it needs to be. Nice mechanics. Intelligent and a team leader. Good athlete with good mobility and can throw on the run. He is a pure quarterback. Has some injury concerns but nothing too serious. Serious QB prospect whose stock could soar.

John Greco, OT, Toledo

Why he rules: He has virtually been unbeatable against MAC competition. Big body with great technique and all out effort. Will be a solid solid player in the NFL though never elite. A championship player.

Eric Foster, DT, Rutgers

Why he rules: Competitiveness... aggressiveness.... the problem with Foster is that he came to Rutgers as a linebacker and is currently 6'1 265 playing defensive tackle. His quickness gives the interior line problems as he slips through blocks and yet has the strength to hold his ground against the run. The question is what direction does he go in now? Is he a DE or DT? I would like to see him bulk up to 285+ pounds and pair him with a massive noseguard in a 4-3 scheme and he could be an excellent player in the NFL. This guy is a FOOTBALL PLAYER.

JoLonn Dunbar, LB, Boston College

Why he rules: He is a turnover machine. Hard hitter, all over the field, intimidating, team leader. Has come up with numerous special teams plays. Decent in coverage. He is not one of those stiff hard hitting players who rules in college but busts in the NFL... he is a fluid player with legit prospect potential. He isn't very tall but it doesn't affect his game. This guy is not an 'invisible player' as so many linebackers are these days. You KNOW he is on the field at all times.

Other guys I will comment on later:

Jonathan Goff
    Quentin Demps
    Terrence Wheatley
    Trae Williams
    Aqib Talib (jr.)

2. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Thank you Mr. STD

3. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    because these guys are not your boys. go make a thread about javorski lane :yes:

4. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Does this mean you two aren't gonna dry hump tonight?

5. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    :icon_rofl:

6. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    i love igorunchained too he is leisureworld material but listen you don't even like boston college :icon_twisted: you do the leisureworld "pac10" report as I hate that conference!!

7. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    are any of these guys worthy of our first overall pick next year?

8. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
  9. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Dont forget , you also talked up Timmy Chang :lol:

BTW.....Mike Bell is a scrub.

Good call on Barry Cofield tho ( yes i remembered him and i am giving props where they are deserved)

I called this kid last year as a freshman....Indiana QB Kellen Lewis will be a bigtime player in 2009 season.

10. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Watch for most of these guys on the first day of the '09 draft.

Oklahoma offensive line

This is a big, fast, and young offensive line. The Sooners will dominate in 2008.

Left tackle -Phil Loadholt is a JC transfer, this is his first year at OU. He's a Junior. This kid will be one of the top OT's in the 2009 draft. 6'8" - 352 lbs.

Left Guard - 72 Duke Robinson - 6'5", 352. Junior.

Center - #50 Jon Cooper, 6'2" - 276 lbs. Junior

Right Guard - 73 is Brandon Walker, another junior .... also a JC transfer. 6-3, 307.

Right Tackle - #71 Trent Williams - 6'4" 305 lbs, Sophomore.

11. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    actually most of the timmy chang stuff was a joke with some hawaiian guy on the UT. I DID say timmy chang is the second coming of doug flutie if you will recall and guess what? he is playing in the CFL and they were raving about him earlier on!!! PS my boys Tamba Hali and Brod Bunkley were GREAT today.

12. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    What QB doesnt do well in the CFL? Dickenson lit it up there.

13. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    are you kidding me. the montreal alouettes QB is **** and so are a lot of others. Dickenson was a premiere QB LOL

14. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Scrub. But, he could probably fake that piece of **** Clinton Hart out of his jock and toss multiple TD's against our Arena League Free Safety imposter.

15. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    He is premiere in the CFL........scrub in the NFL who got cut by at least two teams.
    The CFL is minor league.

Chang didnt do that great in NFLE either.

16. Buttmunch

Buttmunch New Member

Ratings:
    +108
    If that wasn't bad enough, one of the play by play guys (maybe Randy Cross) had to go and talk about how he failed at baseball as well, before trying out for the Arena League.