1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

MTL's Inconvinient Truths

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MtlBoltsFan, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    #1. Sproles is a horrible return man.

His teammates love him and will defend him but with Sproles it has been "I almost broke a big one, I almost broke a big one!!" for the past 3 years while accomplishing nothing. He is one of the worst returners in the league, period.

#2. Norv cannot multitask

By being head coach AND offensive coordinator, he is just failing in both areas. He is making horrible coaching decisions and calling very stupid gameplans. Anyone who has watched the Vikings over the past 2-3 years knows they have the best run defense in the league and cannot be run on through the middle. Yet Norv decides to run again and again on 1st down and the result is either a no gain or a tackle for a loss 80% of the time. In 2nd and 3rd and long situations the Vikings blitzed the house and the Chargers couldn't block them as our offensive line was ****. What's worse is that the Chargers couldn't even execute screen passes to keep the defense honest and this is entirely TOMLINSON's fault. Furthermore, Norv doesn't seem to have figured out that our running plays have become ENTIRELY PREDICTABLE. How often do we run a stretch play? How often do we run a pitch? Counter? It is the same bullshit power run up the gut 60% of the time. Part of CAM's success as offensive coordinator was his offensive creativity, constantly adding variations to our plays, tweaking things here and there, keeping the opposing team off-balance and unaware of what was coming. Norv is a complete MORON with no creativity. When AJ says he wants continuity this doesn't mean the same thing OVER and OVER again until opposing defenses KNOW what is coming.

#3. Cottrell is a great DC and it is not his fault he has **** players to work with

Drayton Florence is ****, I think we all now universally recognize this. His coverage is crap and that is stalling the pass rush. Furthermore most of the opposing team's runs are to his side of the field because he CAN'T TACKLE. What's WORSE is that Marty used to PROD him into tackling and it actually WORKED a little and now he's being let off the hook. What's even WORSE is that Cromartie isn't starting in place of him after **** performances week after week after week. Luis Castillo has been playing like crap the entire season as well, not showing anywhere near the explosiveness and tremendous balance and strength that he had the past two years. On the other side, Igor is providing NO pass rush. Ryon Bingham is a POS who is easily moved off the line of scrimmage. Cooper and Wilhelm have been getting abused by offensive linemen this year as they get to the second level and while they are both above average players, it just DOESN'T WORK with BOTH of them on the field at the same time.

#4. Merriman isn't what we all thought he would be.

A modern day Lawrence Taylor? Umm... no. For all the talk of Merriman getting doubled by blockers, NOBODY is showing anything for it (besides the fact that he has had many 1 on 1 opportunities and is getting NOTHING accomplished). We have 17 sacks through 8 games and 50% of these sacks have been meaningless/garbage sacks. That is on pace for 34 sacks. Last year we had like what, 63 or something? The pass rush isn't getting it done. The coverage is **** too. It's your defence big boy, prod your teammates or shut the **** up. You told Adrian Peterson you would smack him in the mouth this offseason? Looks like the complete opposite happened. You are all talk, you are a piece of **** who doesn't perform and I cannot help but believe that you were entirely aware of being on steroids.

#5. LaDainian is full of himself

He was feeling down in the offseason with NO MOTIVATION so he had to go talk to Michael Jordan who 'taught' LT how to stay motivated. Here is some motivation for you LT: you are a LOSER who hasn't won a super bowl. Congrats on your touchdown record, congrats on beating up on ****** teams like the 49ers last year.

#6. Rivers needs a new lease on life

To be honest I will tell you how Rivers looks like on the field. He looks like a red shirted senior who was undrafted from a division two college, played in the CFL for 3-4 years and had great success, went to the NFL and replaced an injured starter in a week 8 game and performed extremely well and took over a team for 3 years as a journeyman veteran and made the playoffs in the 3rd year with his team and lost in the first round, then the next season he suffered a major concussion, the 8th of his career and is now getting a shot to replace an injured starter as an old geezer journeyman quarterback with concussion problems who is one hit away from retirement. That's what he looks like.

The list goes on and on. This team is ****. They are quitters. Bravo to Scifres, Cromartie, Cottrell, Jammer, Chambers, Naanee, Osgood, Phillips, Siler, Binn and Gates. Most of the others can KMA.

2. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I need a Bullshit flag to throw.

3. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    How about to pessimisticchargerfan.com?

4. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Read with interest.......... agree with some of it.

Wouldn't be as supportive of Cottrell for a start.

Isn't it amazing how our team (not) performing the way it did tonight affects people?. I am only starting to think clearly now. :tup:

Having said that... the playcalling on O has to be seriously looked at, if this means making the head coach offensive coordinator and promoting say Rivera over him, do it NOW.

5. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Why don't I delete it here and you can have it all for yourself. :yes:

6. reddenedbeard

Ratings:
    +112
    He has 26 other "active members" that can read it .. Talk about exposure.. Phew!

7. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820

:icon_rofl:

8. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Me too :lol:

9. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    He MAY have a point in #2 and thats it. I stopped reading when i read " Cottrell is a great DC"

That IS Bullshit!! Wade did fine with these "shitplayers to work with"

10. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    this is the "abridged" version. can you believe we took it up the rear from Brooks Bollinger? do you see how that guy celebrates after he completes a pass? he celebrates like he's never completed a single pass in his entire life and we got abused by him. this team is ****. it is going nowhere. JAMMER is injured, CASTILLO is injured. to think that this team is anywhere near the top of the NFL is laughable. we are still a long way away from a championship. we need an ILB and S and CB, we need to upgrade the offensive line, we need someone to step up at WR, we need COACHING, we need MOTIVATION. I sincerely hope AJ tells Merriman to **** off after Merriman comes to AJ asking him for Dwight Freeney money. what's worse is that we are without our 2nd and 3rd round picks with AJ thinking we are a few pieces away from a championship when that is not the case.

11. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    wade had merriman on steroids and an explosive elite DE in luis castillo and a head coach who PRODDED his players and got the best out of them. he also had two veteran inside linebackers, one who filled the lanes 3 times better than cooper does and another who, although his tackles were 4 yards after the LOS, nevertheless MADE the tackles and also provided GREAT underneath coverage. YOU are incorrect sir.

12. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Algore's movie is meant to target 6th graders unless he actually believes that ****? I laughed and threw that DVD away (a gift from the in-laws). Perhaps had you titled this thread differently it might have gained some traction.

Now you're just being laughed at.

13. reddenedbeard

Ratings:
    +112
    That's great .. I've got people changing my posts now.

14. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    tell EC to LMN as I gave him 4 winners last night

southern miss -11
    Idaho Ltech U53.5
    USC oregon state U47
    illinois minnesota O57.5

:icon_banana:

15. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    :rolleyes2: This belongs in the trash pile along with your other famous posts that were wrong....like BC is worthy of being the #2 team in the nation.....Opps!

Wrong!

He had players who he utilised to their ability's and didnt drop them in coverage half the time and moved them around to different spots frequently. He is doing it in Dallas where they had talent and couldnt get it done there. But he is geting much more out of them now with his schemes and we arent.

Cottrell is a POS DC who has been run out of town shortlt after his arrivals and was in an office last year because nobody wanted him as their DC while more teams went to a 3-4.

His schemes were called "cover who" by Herm Edwards.

Try again...this post of yours is Bullshit. Lay it next to your LT has lost a step thread or whatever you called it.

However, in your defense of this post, i called it BS without even reading the last two paragraphs. But 2,3 and 4 were BS.

16. reddenedbeard

Ratings:
    +112
    Careful, he'll change your post too .. :icon_huh:

17. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    i am just wondering my the mods are editing my posts which call boltjolt "BS" while he is allowed to call me and my posts BS. very fair modding there guys.

18. Prito James

Prito James BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +13
    MTL has this amazing ability to come in after a game and proclaim who is good and bad based on THAT game!:icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  19. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    [​IMG]

20. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    oh please i haven't changed my opinions on anything, just reiterating the obvious. well maybe i actually HAVE changed my opinion on donnie edwards and randall godfrey's impact as starters under wade.

21. Prito James

Prito James BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +13
    Cotrell blows, it's clear.

22. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    AMEN:tup:

23. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402

Are we being over moderated today?

24. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Yeah, they even changed your words.

WHO is doing this?

25. Prito James

Prito James BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +13
    You know if you just threw in one of these :bolt: or these :abq2: every now and then I think you could change your image.

26. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    Only if there's personal attacks

27. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    no you are just being a huge douchebag like usual. everything you said about cottrell is a load of **** and it is clear you did not see him in buffalo. blaming him for ****** secondary play by a bunch of scrub plays like florence and hart is laughable. cottrell engineered outstanding pass defenses in buffalo. you are talking out of your fat *** as usual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.