1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

MTL's new mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by MtlBoltsFan, Jan 1, 2007.

1. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    w/ Projected udc's

1. Oakland - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
    2. Detroit - Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin
    3. Cleveland - JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU
    4. Tampa Bay - Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson
    5. Arizona - Alan Branch, DT, Michigan
    6. Washington - Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech
    7. Minnesota - Reggie Nelson, S, Florida
    8. Houston - Adrian Peterson, HB, Oklahoma
    9. Miami - Leon Hall, CB, Michigan
    10. Atlanta - LaRon Landry, S, LSU
    11. San Francisco - Michael Griffin, S, Texas
    12. Buffalo - Quentin Moses, DE, Georgia
    13. St. Louis - Paul Posluszny, LB, Penn State
    14. Carolina - Patrick Willis, LB, Ole Miss
    15. Pittsburgh - Jeff Samardzija, WR, Notre Dame
    16. Green Bay - DeMarcus Tyler, DT, NC State
    17. Jacksonville - Troy Smith, QB, Ohio State
    18. Cincinnati - Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville
    19. Tennessee - LaMarr Woodley, DE, Michigan
    20. NY Giants - Quinn Pitcock, DT, Ohio State
    21. Denver - Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan
    22. New England - Victor Abiamiri, DE, Notre Dame
    23. Dallas - Justin Blalock, OG, Texas
    24. Kansas City - Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
    25. New Orleans - Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno State
    26. San Diego (from NYJ :yes:) - Robert Meachum, WR, Tennessee
    27. Philadelphia - Rufus Alexander, LB, Oklahoma
    28. New England - Josh Gattis, S, Wake Forest
    29. Indianapolis - Justin Harrell, DT, Tennessee
    30. Baltimore - Michael Bush, RB, Louisville
    31. Chicago - Trent Edwards, QB, Stanford
    32. San Diego - Eric Weddle, S, Utah

This took me two hours. Spare a greenie :icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Definitely greens coming to MTL...

He picked Eric Weddle (Utah) for the Chargers.. :yes: :tup:

3. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    I don't think Lynch will declare. Between Houston and Green Bay, nobody will draft a running back and even if he were to declare, GB probably wouldn't select him at 16. I like Lynch though.

Hughes is more of a late 1st rounder and I don't see any team in the late 1st that needs a cornerback other than New Orleans. Baltimore can use a backup there but Michael Bush is too valuable if he checks out medically. Maybe Denver takes him but they really need a tackle who can compete with the rushers in the AFC. Staley is a project, he's quick like lightning and did a great job protecting LeFervour and contributed highly to CMU's ridiculous showcases through the air. If Staley can put up good numbers at the combine he will go right around Levi Brown.

4. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    I don't know?

I just read Charles Johnson declared for the draft. If he puts up good numbers he has a chance to go in the 1st. But then again, I don't see DE as a team need for anyone in the late rounds really and I think Abiamiri is a slightly better prospect. Dude will go early second probably.

5. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +344
    These are some decent picks, however I cant see Jamarcus Russell going third! Oakland will not take Brady Quinn, Detroit will OT there for the Browns will probably end up with Quinn! There are a couple of reaches here IMO, Samardijiza at 15 is a reach to pittsburgh they drafted Holmes in the first last year! I doubt they go 2 years in a row with a WR. I think Jason Kolb (Houston) (if he declares) is a better pro prospect at this time than Trent Edwards! I do believe some will wait and see next year to see how Colt Brennan from Hawaii is doing! Although Hawaii QB's never translate into good NFL QB's (Timmy Chang..etc) Brennan is a 5 tool QB with a rocket arm and would draw interest from alot of teams! And I believe it was you that said this in my mock:

6. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Champ this is a MOCK DRAFT, not who I like the most. I disagree with many of the picks I posted. This is based on who teams like, who will fit their systems and player value/team needs. McCauley is a piece of crap but I won't deny he will put up great numbers and that alone will warrant a 1st round selection from a team desperate for a cornerback. Doesn't mean he will be any good in the NFL.

Phil Savage loves black players, ask leisure. Russell is going to Cleveland if he declares. Quinn is going to the Raiders. Kitna is the QB for Detroit. You want to build an offense you start with the offensive line. Kevin Kolb is a decent prospect who put up good numbers against horrible pass defenses in Houston's system. At best he is a career backup and Charlie Whitehurst is a better pro prospect than he is. Kolb will go in the 4th round probably. Trent Edwards is a man's man. Kolb and Edwards are on an entirely different plane. Edwards is going to put on a show in the offseason and his stock will skyrocket.

I agree about Brennan, I like him. You are right about Samardzija, but his value is too high at that point and he would be able to actually get playing time as a #3. Anyone else in that area immediately becomes a backup including Woodley, Abiamiri and Blalock. I don't think they would go for McCauley.

7. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +344
    Man I know it is a mock I was just giving you my thoughts which is why I said IMO! Troy Smith is black, although I still dont think he will be a good NFL QB, just because OSU QB's are a product of their own system! I cant name the last superstar OSU QB in the past 20 years? Can you? I think he will go before Russell I think Russell is a bit overrated at this point IMO! He has size but reminds me alot of Byron Leftwich, and David Garrard get my drift! Its all in fun man overall I think it was solid just a few reaches! I really dont think we would be having any QB talk if Brian Brohm was coming out! I also think Kenny Irons from Auburn, will make his presence felt at the combine and might take the place of Marshawn Lynch in the first round!

8. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    It is too early. You will notice I make like 15 mocks before the actual draft.

9. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Because I don't think he will come out. He is not ready to be an nfl WR yet and he would be drafted on potential alone. Let him showcase his maturity as a wide receiver and he might be a Top 15 selection. WR is not his natural position, he is just a great athlete and needs to work on his technique and hit the weights. If he declares there is a good chance he won't even crack the top 25

10. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Nobody needs a center in the late round. Baltimore drafted Chester last year as a project. Look for Kalil to go in the very early 2nd.

11. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    the saints will draft a linebacker/d-lineman in the first... a lot of good safeties on the team that fit the scheme and hence cover the faults of a cb.

troy smith = best qb in the draft and i have liked brady since he was a freshman...

btw, ur first draft is as bad as Kipers :icon_tease:

12. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    if landry is as good as some people say - AJ should trade up and get him...