1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Musicians

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by VAN DA KNIGHTMAN, Jul 20, 2007.

1. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Attempting to play the Drums.

Drummers,

Praire Prince - The Tubes
    Stewart Copeland - The Police
    Peter Criss - KISS

Others,

Stevie Ray Vaughan
    Pat Travers
    Michael Schenker

:icon_guitar:

2. stone86

stone86 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +25
    guitar/bass

john frusciante (RHCP, but mainly solo stuff)
    omar rodriguez lopez (Mars Volta and At The Drive-In)

I listen to so much stuff really that other than those two it's hard to point out individuals. I listen to tons of classic rock, ska, dub reggae, bluegrass, rap... basically everything except the music on CMT.

For me it's all about just goofing around with my buddies, playing whatever.

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Mastodon's drummer is named Brann Dailor.

I used to pick up a guitar every now and then, even tho I never was really good at it. A few of my favorite guitarist include James Hetfield, Dave Mustaine, Tony Iommi, Angus Young, Scott Ian, Jeff Hanneman, Kerry King, David Gilmour, Eric Johnson, and Eric Clapton.

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Guitar for me. Lots of influences, but the main ones would have to be Jimi, Stevie Ray, Clapton, Garcia, Warren Haynes, Mark Knoppfler, and David Gilmour.

5. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Michael Schenker is it for me. UFO's "Strangers In The Night" is one of the best guitar albums ever. If you younger guys have never heard it, you HAVE to check it out:

[​IMG]

I remember in the late 70's, me and my buddies took a road trip to Jack Murphy, to see UFO play with Cheap Trick and Pat Travers. Turns out, it was like two months after Schenker quit the band. Major bummer.

Do any of you SD locals remember that show?

6. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Oh crap, that was the show some of my buds from work and I were gonna go to. We missed it because the guy whose car we were taking was loaded, and he passed out just a coupla minutes before we were supposed to leave. None of us had a car at the time, so we were stuck in Escondido. It sucked, big time---this was supposed to be my first rock concert (my parents never let me go to any until I was 18), and I didn't get to go after all.

7. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432

This is one of my All-Time favorite albums. :rockout:

8. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I'm pretty certain there are a number of accomplished Skin Flute players on this board.

Not me, of course... :icon_wink:

...oh, TK... I still rock UFO on my iPod during some of my bike rides. 'cause it's a Natural Thing...:rockout:

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I play the female organs, Play Station, cds and my trouser snake.

My influences are female anatomy, violence and adrenaline!!

10. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    That is too bad, LG. It was actually a really good show, Pat Travers was surprisingly good, and I still enjoyed UFO even though the new guitarist was lame. :lol:

Cheap Trick kicked major *** to close out the concert. They were at the top of their game back then. :yes:

11. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I play the git-fiddle and sing.

Been playing the git for at least twice as long as I've been attempting to vocal-ize. But I just enjoy singing so much the guitar playing has pretty much been relegated to supporting the vocals.

Biggest influences are

Bad Religion - music & lyrics
    Sublime/Bradley Nowell - vocals & lyrics
    Tool/James Keenan Maynard - vocals & lyrics