1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

MUST READ: A Future Vision of our Bolts Next Season!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by csfoster, Jan 17, 2007.

1. csfoster

csfoster BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    One of the absolute best brilliantly written visionary post I will likely ever read regarding our future Bolts next season and in my opinion greatly deserving of being shared with Bolts Fans everywhere.

Brought to you by the courtesy of its brilliant author RonDiggity who I give great thanks to for allowing me to repost it:bolt:

As First Posted on: http://forum.signonsandiego.com/uplo...62#post2415262

I want no emotion, no celebration, no responses whatsoever to the usual smack talk and jockeying for mental edge. I want the Bolts to show clinical precision and a cold-blooded ruthless assassin-like mentality.

I want LT, already seething internally over being upstaged by the sorriest corner in the league, to run right at Hobbs, hip fake, and accelerate like a Porsche as he makes his way to the end zone. Hobbs will have to be carted off the field with his broken ankle. Pass the ball to the ref, LT, not even a high-five. We have work to do.

I want Gates, VJ and Parker to run crisp laser-etched routes, sideline, middle of the field, flare, out and ups, slants. Catch the ball for a first down and hand the ball to the ref.

I want Merriman to explode into their offensive line and prove the world wrong that he wasn't just living off the fumes of his summertime supplement cycle. There's fire in his engine, and I don't even want to the sack dance anymore. Save that energy for breaking Strahan's record. Bring the QB down and get back to the defensive huddle.

I want the defense to play with the severity of focus and destruction like lightning bolts come from on high to smite any opposing ball carrier. The Patriots have signed their deals with the devil; let the armies of hell try to confront our eleven sentinels on defense. Our internal combustions engines will be fueled by hate, wrath and revenge; our exterior will show only the tenacity of a brick wall.

And I want Rivers to be the lone voice on the field, calling audibles and exploiting mismatches, of which there will be many. I want that defense carved up like a hot knife through cheesecake.

The Patriots and Pats fans seem to feed off the talk with a Me Against The World mentality. Funny, the Yankees do the same thing. I want to see what their approach will be against a brutal and terrifying machine whose sole purpose that day will be to steamroll them. I don't want the Chargers to show any warmth whatsoever when we play the Patriots. I want them to only show a stone-cold heart.

And smash their face with it.

2. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    I believe our entire season should be this way. Never say a word, never celebrate, never step onto the field, unless we are there to make a play.

The only voice of the team is our HC, or his lawyer. No player interviews, ever.

Imagine the crappy press we would get all season.

Then imagine the psychological edge it would give us.

I believe this one needsa to be thought out.

3. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
  4. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    I don't really give a **** if we beat the Pats 100-0 in the regular season.

It's not the Playoffs.

5. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    There there EC. We are going to have 5 first day draft picks and AJ will get rid of the scrubs on the team. Cro will become a starter and our young team will have another year under their belts.

6. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Sorry, I'm still pissed. Apparently it comes in waves. :icon_shrug:

7. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    So true. I've spent the last 3 days getting blown away :icon_high: just so I can sleep.

8. csfoster

csfoster BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Excuse me as I must now make sure that Marty, as next season's head coach of our Bolts, gets a copy of this visionary post ASAP for I am confident that Marty will seek to realize it during every game to be played by our team next season and not just against the Patriots.:abq2:

9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    FTW