1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

My Boy Scifres

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TheLash, Oct 1, 2006.

1. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    My adopted Bolt Scifres had a costly error that cost us a scoring opportunity and field position. Sci-fi was my adopted last year on the UT forum so I've had to defend him before. Last year I invented the Pamela Anderson defense to push the heat off onto Binn.
    I didn't tape the game so I've had no chance to study what happened. It looks like Scifres just muffed. I have no clever defense for that, but I give you this. Mike Scifres is a Warrior. His toughness today proves it. Just like Bennet before him. Sometimes when you are a warrior your are going to fumble. Was it his fault Yes. But it seems to me like he only has one of these a year so lets hope he has it out of his system.

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    It was Binn and his terrible snaps.

Scifes gets my IRONMAN award. He got fuggin rocked on that one play and still kicked it something like 50 yards.

3. Katrina

Katrina BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Yeah, he got plowed - It was painful to watch him walk. A Ravens mascot, don't know which one (Curly? Larry? Moe?) came over just then and motioned a crybaby to him. So rude.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,889
    yeah BUUUUUTTTT Scfires DID screw up a hold on a perfectly good snap by Binn

5. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    i felt bad for scifi when he was on the ground, i was in the third row endzone right behind him, it was a big collision. video just doesnt serve it justice.

6. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    Atleast your adopted player was not in jail awaiting arrainment on drug trafficing charges :no: :lol:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Your boy nutted up.

He banged a 71 yarder in the game. One had a hang time of 5+ seconds.

8. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Dammit you just made me spit ice cream on my key board:joke:

9. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    There's nothing wrong with Mike Scifres that a decent hair cut wouldn't fix. :icon_banana:

10. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,848
    What, the victorian fryar look is out?:icon_shrug:

11. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    He botched that snap. But he's still got skills. It sucks, but what can you do:icon_shrug:

He better practice handling the ball, or they should make billy hold the ball.

12. MMJ4mil

MMJ4mil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12

nah he did what they do in professional soccer: Diving :)

13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,889
    Scifres has been perfect by and large for hte last two years
    Nobody is truly perfect
    What i'm just upset about is it was entirely and utterly on Scifres' hands, there's no one else you can blame for that
    Binn gets the blame for the frack up on the punt
    and how Ed Reed was not called for nailing the punter anyway is ridiculous. Even though whent he ball is on teh ground there's no running into the kicker, the hit he laid on him went way beyond trying to block the ball but instead trying to injure the kicker