1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

My day after "I can't believe what I just watched" Thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by wrbanwal, Jan 15, 2007.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    well, it's the day after and I'm still numb. All I can do is ask myself over & over, why?

why did we go for it on fourth and 11?

why didn't Parker fall on that punt?

why didn't McCree just go down?

why didn't the refs give Marty the timeout before the 2 point conversion?

why did they call a timeout after a tv break?

why didn't the refs call an obvious pass interferance on the pass over the middle to LT? it was third down. IT WAS OBVIOUS!!

why? why? why?

My heart says Marty is cursed, the NFL is fixed, Brady is the poster boy for the NFL so we won't call one f'ing holding against the Pats, Parker and florance and McCree were paid to throw the game, the NFL has an East Coast hard-on and MARTY IS CURSED!!!

But, I know none of the above are realistic so,

I'll just say this,

I AM STILL A BOLTHEAD AND WILL REPRESENT MY TEAM WITH PRIDE!!!

and

all the chicken littles out there can

KMA & SMD !!!!

2. lag bolt

lag bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I know what you mean. I just can't see how those many mistakes can be made in one game after the run we had. I really feel bumed for LT.
    I can't seem to blame Marty. He went 14 and 2. There has to be something said for that. But in the end we still look like loosers.:icon_shrug:

3. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    the sky aint fallin man don worry. i feel bad for callin out ep in the drugs thread so i will just say there are other players who made costly mental errors. what i wanna know is why the combines cant start right the f after the superbowl so we can watch the draft in february or march or something.

im willing to bet the crime rate will increase in sd in the next few months

4. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    it hurts. I am very upset.

5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The timeout after the TV timeout hit my hot button. I was screaming WTF ?

Also at the end of the half, I wish Marty would have launched a hail mary but noooooo .........

This is the day after and until I see some heads roll, I am not happy.

Time to clean house. :bolt2:

6. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Dude, I'm with you on this one. Every question you had, I had too. I'm not sure a "house cleaning" is what this team needs.

The team ultimately lost their poise & focus. Two things that Marty preaches over and over again. This one will sting awhile.

7. SDLiving

SDLiving Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6
    F*ck!!!

I still don't have much else to say...

8. ppsofdasun

ppsofdasun Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    your an idiot. if anything the coverage is slanted against the pats because they want fresh blood in the post season. ever watch a regular pats game on national tv? its silly.

and if your complaining dont forget about the two catches the chargers had earlier on that were stripped for fumbles and BOTH ended up being ruled as incomplete.

the rule is you need to catch the ball and make a football move. they both caught it, sucked it to their chest, got their feet on the ground, and started to turn before being stripped. THATS A FOOTBALL MOVE. THEY WERE BOTH CATCHES AND FUMBLES.

9. ppsofdasun

ppsofdasun Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you all retarded?

lucky win?!??!

talk about sore losers.

The chargers lost this game because of some incredibly dumb coaching decisions, special teams mistakes, and the calm way the patriots have overcome adversity year in and out.

1) marty is the biggest idiot in football. NOT ONE OTHER NFL COACH IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD CHALLENGE THAT CALL. it was covered on ESPN postgame again and again: one of his assistants ran up and yelled at him to challenge it and without thinking out came the red flag. DUMB DUMB DUMB. ALMOST as dumb, in fact, as going for 4th and 11 in the first quarter when your pro bowl kicker is ready to go...... (didnt the chargers lose by 3 points? hmm...)

marty is an idiot. ESPN said it best: if the coaches switched sides the chargers would have won 38-3.

and LT is one of the best running backs in history, why didnt he get a few more touches? he was killing the pats

2) I am not going to even mention the missed field goal, even though the wind was at his back. It was not as important as the 'dumb play of the day': the return man dropping the ball before being plowed into by some pats practice squader they signed off the streets. (more on this later). I have watched a ton of football this year, including just about every pro and college game possible and I have never seen a return man do something so dumb as to drop that kickoff.

3) MOST IMPORTANTLY: the adversity that pats have overcome. it is DISGUSTING how much the patriots change every year: linebackers, kickers, coaching staff, front office, stadium, backups, secondary, wide receivers, etc. EVERY YEAR THEY HAVE WON THE SUPERBOWN THEY WERE A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TEAM AND MAKEUP. yet, through the calmness of brady (who actually had a terrible game, too, but kept level headed and professional) and the GENIUS off bellicheck (this cannot be disputed) they overcame. Jabbar Gaffney and Reche Caldwell were homeless earlier this season. gaffney tried out a few games into the season to make the PRACTICE squad....yet somehow the two of them have twice the touchdowns, yards, and receptions as waybe and harrison (both incredible stars) of indianapolis these playoffs. the pats sign NO BODIES. random practice sqaders like tully banta cain and ellis hobbs. year in and out they lose starts, from ty law to lawyer milloy to adam v to willie mcginist to curtis martin to much much much more. the poise and unity they have is like no other. they were the first superbown team to want to be introduced as a team a few years back and other teams have been ripping them off ever since. this is NO FLUKE. TOM BRADY HAS WON GAMES LIKE THIS 2 DOZEN OTHER TIMES. 24 times, chargers fans! 24 times he has lead last minute drives to win the game or set up game winning field goals. the patriots play football like an art. they dont make mistakes, and they dont lose their cool and get stupid personal foul calls. they are the very model of adversity and collectiveness and you are all jealous. a fluke!?!?!? HAHAHAHAHAHHA do you guys even follow sports? they do that to teams time and time again. LT IS THE 4TH MVP WE HAVE STOPPED IN THE PLAYOFFS. 4 TIMES! 4! a FLUKE! hahaha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE THE 3rd NUMBER 1 SEED WE HAVE KNOCKED OFF!!! 3!!!! A FLUKE? HAHAHAHAHA. this is what the patriots do. get over yourselves.

and about the classless thing: I will admitt it was very unlike the pats to do what they did, and it was wrong. but it doesnt even compare to the lack of class the chargers had all week on national tv trash talking. especialy that CHEATER merriman.

how classy is it to take steroids, shawn?

10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    some pats fans are idiots.:yes:

11. ppsofdasun

ppsofdasun Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0

HAHAHAHHA way to refute me, buddy. admit everything I said is right. you know it is. this is what the patriots have been doing for nearly 6 years. 6 YEARS! and you call it a fluke. you guys act like you havent seen a pats game in 6 years. week in and out they do this. they do all the little things correct and dont make big mistakes and they stay calm and cool and win and win and win. and still practically every game (even those superbowls, for all you zero memmory bolts fans) they are picked to lose. its silly.

12. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    i think it is silly how a so called "true fan" wouldnt believe that they just saw their team win. i mean, i know a lotta crazy **** happened yesterday but you always have to believe in your team. if you are a diehard fan that is.

13. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    As opposed to you're an idiot or you are an idiot....:lol:

14. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223

Your team won ****!!!!! The Chargers gave that game away. Florence head butt should have been a offsetting penalty as the Pat player took a swing still stupid play on Florence.

WE pick Brady over and over and how many did we drop?

McCree fumbles to give the Pats like again....

Jackson dropped i in the end zone and failed to get his foot down that's 2TD right there. Parker's fumble.

Your team was given a win you sure did not earn it. Belichick did not out coach anyone in the game. You win we lose but knock off the we are superior line it just makes you look and sound like ****.

15. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Like I said, no team deserved to win yesterday.

Even if we happened to win, we would have been lucky, the way we played.

16. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156

17. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Yep. Wholesale on the coaching staff including Cam. (I never want to see another fake reverse again in my life) If you got a hex you have get aggressive to get the bad karma removed.

This is 3 years of underachieving given the talent level. Marty had his shot and blew it. If AJ is half as good at picking coaches as he is at picking players we will be in good shape. Only way for the team and fans to get up for next season IMO is a new coaching staff.

18. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Many in the parking lot got angry after seeing a plane fly over head with this trailing banner.

Here is the story............

http://sev.prnewswire.com/food-bever...4012007-1.html

SAN DIEGO, Jan. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- At the San Diego Chargers game today, a plane flew over the stadium with a streaming banner reading, "Powerade Wants San Diego to Lose ..." Teamster workers also leafleted the crowd to protest Coca-Cola Enterprises' (CCE) decision to layoff over one hundred workers at Coke's Southern California bottling and distribution plants.

Generations of Southern Californians have been making, bottling, and delivering soft drinks, including Powerade, in Coca-Cola Enterprises' facilities in San Diego and throughout Southern California. Rather than allowing these longtime dedicated workers to follow their work to the new distribution facility at Oceanside, Coke is throwing them out on the street. Coke will not recognize their legal right to transfer. Coke is hiring new, non-union employees to replace the experienced union employees. The Union intends to bring legal action against CCE's illegal conduct.

Coke is now forcing these experienced and reliable workers to reapply for their own jobs at the new facility with no assurance that they will be re- employed or that their Teamster-negotiated wages, conditions and benefits will remain the same.

"Southern California workers have done their best by this company for decades, and this is no way to reward them," said Jack Cipriani, Director of the Teamsters Brewery and Soft Drink Workers Conference and Teamsters International Vice President.
    "At a time when Coca-Cola Enterprises has posted 2005 profits of $514 million, it's smashing the futures of scores of families in San Diego and Los Angeles," said Shannon Silva, Secretary-Treasurer at Teamsters Local 683. "Our members have helped make Coke the classic American soft drink and put Powerade on the map. Now Coke is turning its back on our community." The San Diego CCE workers are represented by the Teamsters Local 683. Founded in 1903, the Teamsters Union represents more than 1.4 million hardworking men and women in the United States and Canada.

19. O'reilly

O'reilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +454
    5+ yards average per carry...23 rushes 125 yards 2 TD's...75 yards receiving...200 total yards ...
    You call that stopping LT...:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

Now if you want to see someone who was STOPPED, take a look at Corey Dillion or Maroney...
    Corey Dillon and Laurence Maroney rushed for 23 yards...:icon_rofl:
    THAT is what you call STOPPED....:yes:

Who is the retard here Patsie...:icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 2
  20. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195

The whole day I repeat to hear:

Flames to dust lovers to friends
    why do all good things come to an end ?

21. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Yep, they didn't stop LT at all.

Their so-called RB 'braintrust' of Dillon & Maroney, got what...52 TOTAL yards?:icon_rofl:

22. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I was stunned that so many things went wrong for the chargers in the last 7 minutes and went right for the patriots. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

It hurt bad. Still does somewhat. But I'm getting over the hurt part of it. There is only one thing to do. The team and us have to pick ourselves off the turf and prepare to improve. The chargers are loaded with very good young talent. All they need is 3 or 4 better players and some possible tweeks with the coaching and the team could be one of the best teams ever next season.

Every great to good team goes through this. The lombardi isn't just given to you. The team has to go through such tough times to harden it and make it tough enough to overcome the obstacles that will come.

• Like Like x 1
  23. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

Tell it Foob......

:icon_toast: :icon_toast:

24. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    It has not even been 24 hours. I'm still suffering. Especially while sober. This was devestating.

25. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Your words seem so cool and realistic, I agree with you but I'm still
    sad and knocked down after all the excitement of the season.
    Pats have been my No.12th seed in playoffs I never wanted them to
    win. Next year a lot of teams will be strong.