1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

My first NFL game~an update

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AthensPhilipRiversFan, Jul 21, 2006.

1. AthensPhilipRiversFan

AthensPhilipRiversFan New Member

Ratings:
    +331
    On another board which shall remain nameless...going to a game came up. Just thought I'd update yall since this pertained to a BoltTalk podcast. :icon_wink:

so here ya go....

U know what?? AFTER/BESIDES himself and his family....I think I could just possibly be the one person who is most happy and excited to watch Rivers finally get his chance. I'm seriously gonna hafta be tied down to the couch.

I never want to imply that I'm a bigger fan than his family. Aint no way. The pride they feel has to be amazing and the excitement has to be outta control.

But honestly? Yall know how I said on the podcast that I've never been to an NFL game before and I was "saving myself" for Philip's first game?? Yeah I know it's lame and funny too but I meant it.

I have just in the last few days turned down tickets to see my 2nd favorite NFL player in a game. The Titans play the Jets in the opener September 10th in Nashville, TN...justa mere 100 miles from us. Jerricho Cotchery will be starting. I just had to say "no" to the tickets and chance to go watch it live.

Philip's first "real" game is that next day and though I won't be there to watch it live...and so I just couldn't....I just can't...go to my first NFL game and it not be to watch my homeboy Rivers. (and yes, my family thinks I'm nutz and looks like they are going without me..but hey, a promise is a promise and I said my first NFL game was for Philip.)

I'm dedicated if nuttin else!! LOL:icon_tease: :icon_rofl:

Teresa

2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    That's some dedication there Teresa. I know you are a HUGE Philip Rivers fan, but we're going to have to try and convert you to not just a fan of Rivers, but a full on Charger fan! :tup:

3. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings:
    +331

i'm already converted!! i just get most tore up over the homeboy.

i just wish we got to see more games here! :no: i'm literally beggin my cable company for more Bolts access!!! funny thang is, i aint alone. folks all over town are doin the same. it's gimme Philip and the Bolts or I take my business elsewhere.

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Whoa ... wait a minute here Teresa ......

You are missing the bigger picture.

Save yourself for what ? :icon_huh: (this is beyond you seeing him in person/NFL game LIVE) WAY BEYOND !!!!

We meet the Titans in the SECOND WEEK of the NFL season and you have a chance to evaluate the enemy in WEEK ONE to help the Chargers first and Philip as well.

What gives ?

We need that advanced scouting report from as many fans as possible to feedback in the forums which eventually gets to the players ears.

Think of you putting a HEX on that team if anything as they will meet us the next week in San Diego and in front of the home crowd.

Do not deny yourself the opportunity or the team to get some input no matter how deep the blond roots go :icon_mrgreen:

5. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings:
    +331
    the blonde roots go back to childhood...LOL!! but now its the roots that are no where near blonde!!! I NEED HAIRLIGHTS BAD! yeah hair lights...i dont even bother to call em "high lights" anymore.

6. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings:
    +331
    Gonna hafta depend on da family for that scouting input. I shall "hex" em via mental telepathy. I want the JETS to whup em anyhow cause of Jerricho.

A promise is a promise. I shall save myself for the first NFL game to watch Philip play.

Teresa :icon_tease:

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I appreciate your FIRST NFL game being one that Philip would play in.

That is a hardcore.

BUT .........

You can do so much more to demoralize that team in letting them know they are going to have to deal with the Chargers starring Philip Rivers the next week in that southern drawl and twang.

That is part of the energy we need of Bolt fans representing in lands far away.

We never see many screen shots of Bolts fans in the stands because we quite frankly have not merited that status and that hurts. That hurts me to the bone but you are in a prime position to go with your jersey and represent. It does not matter that Philip is on the field because he will see and feel the representation especially if you get on TV. This is a way way good thing.

I hope this helps resolve your inner conflict which is a good conflict but now you are part of a larger community expected to do your duty to represent us in the finest of traditions.

I do not mean to sound overbearing but that is just the way I am. :icon_mrgreen:

8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
  9. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,393
    Wish you could come out here & see him play Teresa. I'll be sure to get some pics when my wife & go to see him vs. the Packers & post them here. She's a GB fan & hopes to get Favre's autograph on her jersey.

MAJOR PROPS for your dedication. :thumbup:

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    big time props, i'm hoping your going to be here in San Diego come the first home game against the titans. And I speak for all of us bolttalk people when i say we'd all love to see u and spend some time with our favorite charger fan in alabama

11. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    I love the dedication...I literally bleed Blue and Gold, literally, I'd show you but I'm squemish...GREAT STUFF!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA, BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, GOD BLESS THE CHARGERS!!!!:icon_mrgreen:

12. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
  13. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings:
    +331
  14. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings:
    +331
    Trump,

It aint gonna work. When my mind is made up bout something. That's it. It's done.
    I shall send wicked thoughts and all kinda fumble feelings and everything else (excluding serious injury!) to the Titans during the Jets game.
    I will "vibe" my way into the hearts of every player with a fear that is certain...they will hear in their wittle helmets...RIVERS NEXT WEEK...BOLTS NEXT WEEK...RIVERS NEXT WEEK...BOLTS NEXT WEEK...
    I'll even send a sign by my Titan friend in Mt. Juliet, TN who always manages to ace good seats. She's enuff like me that she won't blink at takin it with her even though she is hard core Titans!
    I'll have it make it to read:
    RIVERS NEXT WEEK
    BOLTS COMIN' UP FAST
    PHILIP RIVERS GONNA
    KICK SOME TITAN ***

Okay, how is THAT?!

Iffin that don't work for ya Trump, I'm just plain ole sorry. I refuse for my first NFL game to be to see anyone but my homeboy. Yall just pray for a miracle and Cincy to work out for me. If not, it looks like I gotta wait till next year. :no: :icon_sad:

• Like Like x 1