1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

My Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Duffman57, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    New to the forum, but not new to forums in general, just found this one, credit to LBC for mentioning this site, and i just needed an escape from some of the idiots on the CMB...lol

But anyway, i thought i'd throw my mock out there.

Sign:
    Eddie Royal/Ted Ginn (not a big signing, but one thats very AJish, where we're buying low, and trying to get the best out of the guy, in absolute worst case, he's a good, speedy return man, which is a need in itself.)

Martellus Bennett (Again, a smaller name signing, but a TE who's a VERY good blocker, and though isn't ever going to be a deep threat or stretch the field, is a guy who will compliment Gates very well as a replacement for McMichael)

Draft:
    1st: Dre Kirkpatrick CB/FS, Alabama (BPA at any decent position of need. Whether he's a CB or a Safety, he'll be a playmaker. I know our biggest need is in the pass rush department, but he is a guy who has a massive frame for a S, but still has very solid speed, and pretty good hips, but is a VERY phsyical CB, that can still hold up in Man coverage, or could be that enforcer and Centerfielder type FS where we would let him roam around in coverage, and either get to the ball or lay a big hit on receivers, something that he really loves to do. Either him or Jammer moves to S IMO, would work well for us.)

2nd: Brandon Washington RT/OG, Miami (Love this guy and he's VERY underrated. Was forced to play LT for the first time since HS this year and obviously didn't do so well, but he's got the versatility to play RT if needed, but is an absolute MONSTER at OG, and can play RG if Dielman Returns, and LG if he does not. He would help our run game 100x over.)

3rd: Cam Johnson/Jonathan Massaquoi OLB, Virginia/Troy (OLB probably should be a need earlier, but there's just nobody worth it in the first round, in that 12-15 range in the first, and i'm not a huge fan of anyone in the second round either. Both of these guys are big, strongside pass rushers who are great athletes and would give us that #1 pass rusher we need. Both are very good speed to power rushers, who have got great burst off the ball and also great strength and heavy hands similar to Merriman (though not to that extent). Really two of the few pass rushers i like for us in this draft, will probably go earlier come draft day. Both are extremely raw, but rare talents, who will desperately help our pass rush.)

4th: LaDarius Green TE, ULL (We got the more blocking oriented TE to compliment Gates, now one to wait in the wings for him. He's in the same mold as gates, where he's a great athlete, who can play as a TE, WR or even as a H back, but needs some bulk added (only 240ish) but can be a weapon for years to come if we let him learn from Gates and just be a receiving TE with Bennett who's a perfect compliment to both these guys, and a perfect backup TE)

5th: Markus Zuescevics OT, Iowa (He's a guy from a program that hasn't produced a bust OL in quite a while when they actually had draft worthy guys. He's not a LT, and never will be, and gets overshadowed by Reiff, but he's been almost as good and seems VERY similar in terms of production when i watch that Iowa OL. Reiff is the better athlete, but not by a whole ton IMO. Credit goes to The LBC for finding/bringing up this guy.)

6th: DaJohn Harris DE/NT, USC (He's sort of that swing player, where he can backup all positions along our DL and has really gotten under appreciated all this year he's been great and at 6'4" 315ish lbs, he could be a steal and, although he may be a career backup, he'll be a solid rotational player for years to come)

7th: Eddie Pleasant SS, Oregon (I absolutely love Pleasant. He's the leader of this Ducks D along with Michael Clay, he is a guy who's played the rover (SS/OLB) position for us that TJ Ward, and Patrick Chung have played recently, and is playing a position that the Ducks have just PUMPED talent in the the NFL at. He is a guy who, although he may not be a starter right away, is a beast ST's guy, and has the athleticism to develop into a starter and the mentality to match.)