1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

My new mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by szarmes, Apr 18, 2010.

1. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    No trades

1. Ryan Mathews RB
    2. Tyson Alualu 3-4 DE
    3. Torrel Troup NT
    4. Eric Decker WR or Danario Alexander WR
    5. Michael Hoomanawanui TE
    5. John Skelton QB
    7. Hunter Lawrence K

Explanation? 1-3) We need to lockup a RB and impact Dline players. 4) Vjack and Floyd are on 1 year tenders, Buster is a bust, and we lost Chambers. 5)To replace Manu. 5)to replace Whitey. 7) To take over for Kaeding during the playoffs :lol:

2. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    No Right Tackle? I still say we're going OT in round 1 or 2. :yes:

3. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Don't hold your breathe. AJ has already said he is very satisfied with the players we have on the line, although I completely disagree

4. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings:
    +34
    This. Clary gets shitted on by most fans. You guys should re-watch the games he played in 2009, he did better than most on that O line. Serious.

Another thing people have to realize is Vasquez was a rookie, that dude is gonna be a friggin' stud for years to come. I think people would blame Clary for some of Vasquez's slip ups (coming from the right hand side).

5. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I just hope he learns to run block because he is already a good pass blocker

6. Chargerfn909

Ratings:
    +34
    That was his Forte at Texas Tech. Dude had the nickname "big nasty" and used to push piles. He will be juuust fine. It's hard going from College to Pro, and it takes some time to get your speed up.

7. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I know, I am just pointing out that he needs to improve at run blocking

8. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
    Pretty good draft.

I'm wondering if Troup will last to the end of round 3, though? He's rising up many boards. He's seen as a 3rd round project, true...but we're at the very end.

I'll take it, though. :)

9. Chargerfn909

Ratings:
    +34
    I am predicting that AJ does SOMETHING to either add an additional late 2nd or early to mid 3rd or moves up (to one of those spots). This draft is deep, but it's the deepest in rounds 1-3, if he could add ONE more pick it would be hyyuuuge for us! Hell, i'd rather go D, D, then trade up for Tate or Gerhart in the late 2nd or early 3rd.. Hardesty, Tate, Gerhart and and/or even Dwyer should be around by then..