1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

My only complaint about the 43-14 win

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by WonderSlug, Nov 30, 2009.

1. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    My only complaint is the number of times the team failed to tackle both Cassel and Charles to limit their gains.

Cassel escaped what would have been 4 more sacks to get positive yardage on a scramble or pass.

Charles had about 50 more yards rushing than he should have, because of a handful of missed tackles.

That's it.

2. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    You have to love Ellison and English's effort, but their overprusuit and lack of accurate tackling led to most (if not all) of those scrambles.

Oh well, you can teach fundamentals, but you cannot teach talent.

3. BoltWash

BoltWash BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    My complaint: VJ's Probowl hopes going down the toilet in the past 3 weeks....Actually that is better for the team, because now we can resign him for less! :icon_banana:

4. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    During the game I had some complaints but then KC imploded completely and handed us the game on a silver platter. When Chambers was doing what he always did to us as a Dolphin I was thinking oh jeeeeeeeeez here we go again. Another ex charger comes back to haunt us.

Cro was (again) playing too far off him and so Chambers (whose forte is timed outs) was eating him for breakfast. Whoever tells Cro to play that far off, if in fact he is being told needs to STFU. As soon as Cro goes man to man we see a different better player.

I really like Charles he was gashing us bigtime, Coop was being run over by him (a 200lb back!), guys were missing tackles. The same old story.

Then he gets stripped and v soon after it is game over. Tx to the Chiefs and their center. Ofcourse havin said that the Chargers sure as hell took their chances (LT's fumble apart), Gates was magnificient, some players on the D looked great, eg. Oliver and Siler.

I'm starting to wonder now, were Coop not the 'brains' of the D might we b looking at Dobbins/Burnett and Siler as our 2 starting ILBs.

Interesting personnel decisions ahead.

Oh and I was surprised to see so many O linemen active. At the end our O line left to right was Dombrowski, Green, Norman, Vasquez and Clark.

We were able to rest 3/5 of the O line. :icon_huh:

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Good take, DB.

Giving up almost 100 yds. of rushing to Charles concerns me, as did the 91 yd. scoring drive that KC put together. I feel comfortable that we would have won even w/o the KC miscues, but let's not sit back & think that those were all the result of stellar defense. We were there to take advantage of those breaks & that's what good teams do. Kudos for that.

Not sure what's going on with Darren, but he's looked rather shaky on kick returns the past few weeks. Whatever has his confidence down right now, it needs to be resolved. I love the guy, but he's fast playing his way out of having the high ground in contract negotiations.

Gates sure looked like his old self. :tup:

As for Cooper - give Weddle the dot & put Cooper on the bench where he belongs. :yes:

6. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    VJ is getting double teamed because of his early season production. That's fine, because it leaves Floyd and Gates more open. Either way it's a win-win for the team.

VJ has gotten the attention of coaches around the league, along with the media pukes. He should still get voted in if he crosses 1,000 yards. The voting is also done by the coaches and players, not just the fans.

7. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I think one thing that does not show up in the stats is the constant pressure we got on Cassel. We let him escape a couple times, but the D was banging him around. That was the reason that he **** himself on Oliver's empty-hand fumble recovery TD. Cassel tried to get rid of the ball faster than he was capable of. I think the center's miscues were also related to how much pressure we were putting on the Chiefs linemen. The center was so busy thinking about getting the right protection called and blocking that he forgot to concentrate on snapping the ball.

This is probably the best I've ever seen Shaun Phillips play. Over the last 4 or 5 games, he has been on a tear. If Merriman can get his foot right, Peyton and Tom are going to start having nightmares, with the players we have coming off the edge.

8. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I will complain about VJ acting like a little girl after getting shut down most the game. Grow the **** up! :tdown:

9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Musta missed that - right after the game or in a separate interview? :icon_shrug:

10. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    On the field... pouting and kicking the ball to the ref drawing an unsportsmanlike. Lame.

11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I love me some VJ catchin the ball, but yeah, that did not sit well with me at all...

12. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Yep saw that live. Not sure he was pouting/whinging about not gettin the ball though, seems like he still has a bit of growing up to do. Having said that he being on the field means Gates and Floyd are open all day long. Even if passes are not coming your way too often VJ remember that it won't be long before teams start doubling/tripling Gates, then be ready!!.

13. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I'm just speculating that he was pissed about his lack of productivity. I don't know what else he could possibly have been upset about. :icon_shrug:

14. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    He may not have been upset. Who knows, the act itself was sure to draw a flag. I didn't like it, and his lack of reaction to the penalty told me he was miffed about something, and I think your assumption is the best at least it is mine.

15. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I wonder if it would have been a penalty though, had the kick been executed properly and the ref caught it much like a throw.

not saying he was justified in the act but....

:icon_shrug:

16. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    He wants that money man. Vjack makes a pittance for the production we get out of him, he's still on that 2nd round rookie contract and making probably less than a mil before incentives.

A Pro Bowl would bolster his negotiations very nicely, and he's slowly slipping back down the charts in the AFC behind Andre Johnson, Chad Ochocinco, Wes Welker, Randy Moss....etc..

17. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I didn't like that when the Chiefs didn't decide to shoot themselves in the foot they instead were able to move the ball down field pretty effectively. We had alot of trouble covering Chambers even though he and Charles were all they had

18. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    My 2 complaints are for the long bomb by the Chiefs to the RB of all people. How the hell does the RB catch a long bomb like that. That set up a scoring drive.

The other was LT fumbling on the goal line. I was more devastated than upset. I wanted him to get that TD. The KC defensive player made a nice hit on the ball to knock it loose, but it was close right on the line.

I think it's a safe bet that if the Bolts get on the 5 or closer, Norv will do all he can to give the ball to LT for the TD try. LT has 8 on the year, and I easily see him getting at least 5 more in the final 5 games.

19. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    That was classless. He kicks the ball to the ref and then waves his hand like "There ya go, fetch".

Dumbass.

20. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    That is no excuse for being an *** to the refs. That just lowers his value by showing that he is an immature little punk.

21. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Bingo! You want more money? Act like a professional. :yes: :bolt:

22. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    VJ is 7th in the AFC in yards, and 3rd in TD catches. OchoStinko is behind him. The recievers ahead of him are..

R.Wayne, Moss, A.Johnson, Welker, Ward, Holmes. Ward and Holmes will not make the Pro Bowl ahead of VJ as long as VJ gets over 1,000 yards, and he only needs 185 in the final 5 games to do that. VJ is a HUGE reason the Bolts are 8-3, and the players and coaches around the league know that, hence all the recent double teaming.

23. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Yep, v true. Some of the following posts make alot of sense. He needs to continue to be a BIG performer to justify the big bucks he is expecting to get. Acting like an idiot though is not going to help him.

Like somebody said get back, line up, and dominate like you can and you will be nicely rewarded. It's funny, he comes across as a smart guy when being interviewed then this. Strange.

24. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    I agree, been very impressed with Weddles football smarts:tup:

25. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I would bet Norv tries to get L.T. lots of carries in Cleveland. :yes:

26. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    i know this might not be the right spot for it but i have a major problem right now .NOW we all know that im a huge chargers fan ,season tickets ,sirius ,nfl direct tv super fan etc.. Well I taped the game this sunday because i wasnt home expecting to watch it when i got home from travel to my disappointment and im fkin pissed the game didnt tape till half way through the 4th 1/4 a direct tv problem so i couldnt see it and i am dying to se the game i listened on sirius ,if anyone taped it or dvr it and could find it in there hearts to send me a dvd i will pay the shipping etc.. or IF anyone knows if there is a link i can watch it now please let me know thanks ,i bleed the blue and gold .megold oh ant the #83 delay of game uncalled for but screw the chiefs

27. Airw0lf

Airw0lf BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Given where I live I can't watch every Charger game so I was following the live scoring on NFL.com. Is it just me or do we still persist with Sproles up the middle on 3rd and short? There was at least one occasion where I saw it happen again.

28. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    The Chiefs did very well against the Steelers who have one of the best defenses in the league. Charles was getting about 5 yards per rush against the Steelers, one of the top run defenses and he returned a big one.

People see KC with NO Chambers and no Charles earlier. They see a team not formed yet with a QB still improving. KC isn't that bad of a team. They will score some points. They wanted to win that game. Our defense put pressure all over them and CAUSED that chaos. Bad snaps, decisions, and that fumble.

Bad snaps usually happen in a game where their is pressure. If there wasn't any I doubt any of those bad snaps would of happened.

29. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Personally, I do not want VJack or anyone else from this team going to the Pro Bowl this year...because that's the week before the Super Bowl!

Keep your eyes on the REAL prize folks! :tup:

30. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    There was a few of these v frustrating plays yes ie. Sproles getting flattened up the gut. I have to question why they persist with it. Even Tolbert would be a better option as he is so much bigger.

Post more btw!!, we need to hear more from ya!.