1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

My personal assement of why we failed vs Raiders.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp, Oct 10, 2010.

1. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp Jesus gives wisdom if you pray for it! Banned

Ratings:
    +4
    These are the 3 plays i would have called on 1st and 25. Obviously a great coach doesn't risk a winning kick min.

The way u accomplish the run 3x safely from the 25 is what makes the dif. For example if I was coaching the Bolts. 1st & 25 3 points to win:

1st play would be probably run to the right with Tolbert on a shuffle pass. Gates would run a clear route and the other wr's so 7 D players would be going backwards. Completely safe call. #88 would be the seal block no risk of hold by him and if failure just throw into dirt i would tell QB on headset.
    Say it failed which it could have scored TD on but ok.

2nd and say 10. Draw play to #24 faster player but make sure u draw to the seal side #88 seals the edge. Again maybe a TD.

3rd and 10 anyways somehow. I would call a roll-out run/pass to the right. Rivers better throw side with Gates starting on the left getting a pick from #88 crossing legally freeing him up with 6'-5" #80 to go sit back line between crossbars. Any problem he is now outside the pocket & he can throw into the dirt safely or run a few more yards getting us into better position. Which is the side a right footed kicker likes the ball on to kick from anyways

Get it? Well thought out and the best mathematical calls factually. If my calls fail u live with it because they were the right calls.

1. Special teams coach should be fired. Not only do we somehow let them through the middle of our line on punts they don't even try block when we receiving punts. We make 0 effort to try and block other teams punts as well. Which compounds the ability for them to get down-field faster to tackle our returner. Get it? If u go or the block the lineman have to go back with player to slow them down. If they just try and hold/block them they go sideways and get down field easier. TOTAL JOKE. He doesn't even make in-game adjustments all he did was shake his head yell at a few players and look at his clip board. He doesn't even know where they getting through so SAD.

2. Why are we throwing slow developing pass plays inside the red zone with our QB at sack depth outside the circle of protection? Even if u want to pass u throw quick passes like fade, slants corner etc. Why isn't PR stepping up into the pocket and he wouldn't been sacked fumbled anyways. It was good blocking i think so few really understand football and what a pocket is supposed to be a circle. If u QB steps back at the 9-12 deep he will get sacked all the time.

3. Why are we running Tolbert up the middle into ppl helmets? I posted about 100x about getting him outside and getting him the ball earlier. U only run up the middle if u know for a fact your line is way better than their d line.

http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/8f58bfbc2f7e3ab96155b3ef4aab4ae26g.jpg <-- proof #1 ranked strategy maker in the world.

I'll coach our special teams for free.

2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Cool Guy? Weren't you in the other Chargers forum?

Yes yes you were and I remember all your crazy strategies thanks but no thanks.

3. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

Ratings:
    +4
    Takes ppl 3-5 years to understand my strategies. That's the average time 3-5 years for other teams/players to finally understand and copy my strategies in gaming. So in about 1-3 more years u will be going wow your right why aren't we doing these things. Can u post some my posts from the CMB site for others to see what i said 2 years ago to see and consider... Look at gaming forums how i was flamed for years held #1 then and now finally, everyone admits i was right and copy my tactics in all 5 games i won/hold #1 in the world. I'm here to help only. I see things clearly and easily and hope to help our local team out.

Thanks for at least reading my opinions, not forcing them on ppl just hoping to plant seeds for our future greatness.

JohnnyX, u got banned just like me brother...Did u also post about how we need to improve?

4. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Let me guess, you used to run the exact same plays back when you won your Pop Warner championship...

5. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +378
    Yes but I was banned for unrealistic reasons while you were banned for forcing people to believe your "Head Coach" strategies. Besides it didn't work there what makes you think it will work here. By the way after you left people where raving about you so you may have had a affect on them. But that doesn't mean your strategies are full proof. Also no "1COOLGUYBOLT" username?

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    LOL WUT

• Like Like x 1
  7. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

Ratings:
    +4
    "1COOLGUYBOLT", I use dif name in espn forums also. This site rocks because u can have longer user names. I was limited to user names at CMB.

I may be overconfident, but truthfully my strats have always worked and honestly just hoping to help this team somehow. I get so frustrated watching our team lose to lessor talented teams. I don't see why ppl don't trust me more knowing my backgound with gaming TBH. I truley beleive I could help our team out not joking.

8. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
  9. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +378
    Your funny man. Quick question did you make the "WarhammerD" strategy or was that someone else?

10. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
  11. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

Ratings:
    +4
    i made the thunderhammer/warhammer d :)

12. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +378
    Keep up the good work LOL. Though someone has been stealing your stats if you care that is.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    He came up with it while winning his 13 World of Warcraft and Dungeons and Dragons championships

14. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    they won the Super Bowl on Madden 1999

15. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074

and at level of Football is your coaching expertise besides being an Armchair waterboy?

16. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    It takes me 3-5 seconds to say: "What the ---- is he talking about?" :icon_shrug:

17. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Ya'll better listen up, this dude is proven correct 95% of the time.

18. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I know... And i never have a good argument. I need to get better stats!

19. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    DOODS! You guys are missing the point.... This guy plays......

[​IMG]

:D

• Like Like x 1
  20. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Cut yourself some slack, I think at least 73.8% of your arguments are good.

• Like Like x 1
  21. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    My strats are effective 100% of the time (broken strings and wiring problems notwithstanding).

22. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    :lol:

23. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I think it's funny that in the 2004 playoff game against the Jets, people absolutely blasted Marty for not trying to get more yards and settling for a 40 yard field goal in overtime by running the ball into the line. Now some of those same people are blasting Norv for not settling for a 48 yard field goal attempt.

I have some issues with what Norv did yesterday, the biggest of which was him not challenging the RM TD prior to Tolbert's fumble. But I don't have a problem with the Chargers trying to throw the ball instead of settling for a long field goal. Rivers had 400+ yards passing.

24. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    my biggest biotch about the last drive was PR's drops when everyone knew they were bringing the house. We don't have any plays to counter the blitz? It seemed like PR was taking a seven step drop every frigging play.

25. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Thanks, I really needed a good laugh this morning. You are hilarious. I love your Madden strategies. They are awesome. Especially like things like, "the Chargers should squib every kickoff" and "the Chargers D should blitz on ever play."

I hope that everyone knows this guy is kidding. No one can be this delusional. He's having us on.

26. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I agree that we should have had some more quick hitters. On third and 5, a few plays before the fumble, Rivers hit a quick pass to Buster for the first down. I was kind of surprised that we didn't do that more often. But isn't some of that on Philip? If you see an all-out blitz coming, shouldn't you audible to a quick out or slant? It wasn't like the Raiders were disguising it. On the last few plays, they had 8 men at the line with 15 seconds to go on the play clock.

27. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074

You will let me know when are in that 95 percentile

28. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I didn't know it was raining, didn't know we were playing on a muddy and sloppy filed, and didn't know we had a rookie kicker like we had in 04

29. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Sorry, but a 48 yard figgy is not a given. We had 600 yards of offense. Why does it seem risky to try and go from long field goal range to short field goal range? I prefer the strategy of trying to get closer. We can analyze the last couple plays to death, but the truth is the strategy did not work. It does not necessarily make it the wrong strategy, however.

30. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    yeah, I tried making that point earlier today and was call a wishy washy flip flopper.:lol: