1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

My son had a lizard…

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Concudan, May 24, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    A tropical Anol, a green lizard which had a chameleonesque ability to change colors from green to brown. However such lizards needed to be taken care of well, not for a beginner, nor a young man who is still learning responsibility.

This poor lizard waned in health until it was a skeletal figure that could hardly move. After talking to my son and explaining that we should let it go, and perhaps in the wild it would get better and live (riiight, I know, I know, but you cant tell the kid ‘Ya just killed this living being! Sheez!) with a tear in his eye he agreed.

So he is at the pet store with my wife. He eyes a sign that should put the fear of God in most reasonable adults. “FREE HAMSTERS”. His eyes light up, the catch was you only had to buy a cage and you would get a pair of either males or females. I was not there and this sounded safe to my wife, what could go wrong? Well let me tell you….

One of the two male hamsters we got turned out to be defective. Defective, I know, I know, I should not complain, we get what we pay for right? NO!

Back to the defective part. One of our two male hamsters popped out seven pups. So in my way of looking at things, 2 hamsters are way too many, then by my math 9 is even worse! What sort of male hamster pops out pups!

Damn, now I got a freakin zoo in my son’s room, these critters stink, my son cries, and my wife gives me the look of death when I mention that perhaps we should get a snake!

Short story long, and the moral: Never ever, ever, ever, ever get a free hamster! They are like the frogs from Jurasic park, they will find ways to multiply!

• Like Like x 1
  2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Wonder if your son's lizard was any relation to THE Lizard?? :icon_shrug: :icon_huh: :icon_eek:

3. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    No, this was just a cool lil lizard.

4. swishbish33

swishbish33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    I had a hamster once that got diabetes. It basically shat and wizzed 24 hours a day.

So it could be worse. One of those nine could have diabetes. Or worse yet, ALL NINE.

5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Thanks for cheering me up! :unsure:

6. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    We had hampsters as a kid and seemingly every few weeks the momma hampster would have another batch of babies. Important: you have to remove the males, they will munch down on the little pink wanna be rats as soon as they're born.

When the kids are a week or two old, we'd sell them to different pet stores (ussually for store credit). Solves a coupla probs. Gets rid of these additional "pets" & helps pay for hampster food.

If I ever have kids, they will never have pet hampsters. :no:

7. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Get a snake

Show the kid the circle of life

:lol:

8. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    My "male" gerbil (Rizzo) popped out seven babies on Labor Day of all days... :lol:

9. stone86

stone86 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +25
    A Corn snake would do the trick for sure.

10. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    I remember the day our long-haired black cat, Harry, presented us with four kittens..........that was what we got for assuming the people who gave him (her) to us were correct when they told us she was a he!

11. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    yup

12. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Hampsters suck and wouldnt take one home if they PAID ME!

• Like Like x 1
  13. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    :tup:

14. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    One of them hamsters must work for the City of San Francisco and got the free operation.

Just sayin ....... not that there's anything wrong with being an alternative lifestyle hamster.

15. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    :icon_rofl: :lol: :tup: