1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

My Super Bowl Experience 2007

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by loweezy, Feb 6, 2007.

1. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    My Super Bowl Experience *with working link*

:tup: I just wanted to share with you all my super bowl experience from a Charger fan's perspective.

I arrived in Miami on Thursday night with my pops, wearing my LT jersey from San Diego to the layover in Dallas, to Ft. Lauderdale. The layover in Dallas had some guys going to the big game as well. Mainly people with no preference of who they wanted to win. The big consensus was, as people were looking at me as one of the few sporting his Charger Jersey: "I thought you guys were gonna be the ones going." I thought I was gonna grow tired of this. But, come to think about it... I heard it a lot all weekend, as everyday I sported a different Charger Jersey. And never once did it get old. Other things I heard...

-LT is the best player in the league and deserves a ring more than any other player
    -Nice Jersey (Rivers Authentic)
    -Rivers is gonna be one hell of a Quarterback
    -That guy is a beast (Merriman Jersey)
    -Chargers are the favorite to go next year

A lot of these things are things that I don't have to tell any of you. But, it just goes to show what kind of recognition, how highly thought of our team is, and how long of a way that the Chargers have come as an organization.
    Among other things, I didn't receive any heckling really.

At the game, there was the occasional "wrong jersey" yell from some of the Super Bowl participant's fans. However, most of the fans were praising us and saying that they'll see us next year. I ran into a handful of Charger Fans as well... the Super Bowl was my closure for the season... in the sense that I saw that our club is now a very respectable team. Aside from that, the Super Bowl truly was a once in a lifetime experience, and Miami was just beautiful. Not sure what else I can say, I just wanted to share... and with that said... here are the sights of my Super Bowl experience:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2095832112

• Like Like x 1
  2. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Thanks for the post loweezy... Hey the pics aren't available right now.. I'll check for them later.

3. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715

That's great to hear Loweezy :tup: I especially enjoyed hearing the reactions to the jersey. I find that too. it's alot better than the old days when I'd get **** from fiader fans at the swapmeet.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    I used to find all my stuff that had been stolen at the raider fan's space.:lol:

• Like Like x 1
  5. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Glad you had a good time:tup:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hawaiian SuperCharger

Hawaiian SuperCharger BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    Loweezy,

I wear my Charger jerseys around Hawaii also and get the same reactions that you got. A lot of people would like to see the Chargers get to the Big Game and a lot of them like LT and are happy that he broke the TD record and got MVP.

I've been a Bolts fan for a long time and it is good to finally see people respect the Chargers.

I'm planning on going to the Superbowl in 2008. How did you get your tickets?

• Like Like x 1
  7. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Sounds like things went well ..

Any chance we can get that link fixed?

8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,879
    It's good to hear that fans around the league are starting to realize our team is for real. When I first moved here, Clayton, NC no one new much about the Chargers. After Philip arrived in Dago most folks show some interest these days and in the greater Raleigh area Bolt gear is starting to show up.:bolt2:

9. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
  10. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
  11. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202