1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

My thoughts on the Chargers vs Rams game.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LV Bolt Fan, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Nah...Newberry is playing with intensity, he's just not that good. He's fast but can't seem to hold a guy in one place and just gets beat up by big DTs. See Hardwick started pushing DTs back and Newberry is letting them push him around. Withrow, he's surprising because he's so inconsistent. Rivers even said his snaps aren't consistent and blocking... he pushes one guy back but then the same guy straight up demolishes him the next play. Again, Hardwick was consistent.

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    And what would the point be? Is he going back to the Raiders in several years?

3. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +898
    ****, is Steve Ortmeyer back?

4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,610
    I hauled *** sat from SD to Vegas in time for the game and all I got rewarded for my awesome driving skillz was a terribly boring game.

Other than that, the thunderstorm Sat night was cool.

• Like Like x 1
  5. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I kept looking for you to walk in at Michael's Pub. :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398
    Exactamundo! Agree with everyword

• Like Like x 1
  7. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +398
    I know its preseason and it means nothing but if you give a half assed effort you are going to get hurt. I dont take preseason seriously and never have but an effort is all most are asking for .

Somebody forgot to tell Tampa Bay they were playing a preseason game and somebody forgot to tell the Giants tonight too.

They seem to be playing like they know how and are making tackles they should.

8. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,013
    Heard on local channel 8 - "this pre-season Norv is being more conservative than Marty Schottenheimer with a 4 point lead"... Got a surprisingly good chuckle out of that one. :tup:

9. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    i don't know probably pay him money just because the raiders would do that, so frustrated on losing 8 in a row :lol: i was joking

10. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +714
    agree NY is switched on

11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,610
    Hanestly, the thought corssed my mind several times before I got to LV, but I forgot how to get there :lol:, didnt want to call anyone who may be there for lack of being able to hear a phone ringing in there, and the sports book at Mandalay was the closest one I was most familiar with so I just haul *** there. I also thought of just going to my timeshare place and watching there, but had the fear the game may not even be televised locally.

:icon_shrug:

In hindsight, I should have just slept longer Sat morning.

12. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    All Charger games are on locally.

Vegas has switched from the Faiders to the Chargers. You know, it's all about ratings! :icon_rofl:

If I had seen your post sooner, I'd have made sure you had my #.

13. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    Home game preseason wins boost fan morale i.e. sells tickets! Seahawks will learn that this monday. Now, that doesn't mean we weren't trying to win. It just means we didn't care as much. Norv would have gone for a field goal that one time we went for it on 4th down if he really wanted to win that game. Opinion-to each his own... BTW I want some green boxes.

14. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Both are/were primetime games aired by NFL Network and ESPN respectively.

I'm sure our guys will come out with extra fire next week, being it's a MNF game.

15. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    Once again the SLUG is dead on. Plus, home preseason wins strike up fan morale, which sells tickets. And again, we too will play with extra fire on MNF.

16. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +398
    I dont care if we win or not.

17. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +398
    So? ESPN is going to tell Coughlin how long to play his guys? Or tell them to step it up?

Coughlin dont give a ****. He is the guy that sent his starters out there to win a game against New England after they already made the playoffs when others were sitting their starters.

Those networks are showing those games fully aware that it is preseason.

ESPN and the NFLNW is going to air games in week 4 of the preseason too when teams wont play any starters at all.

Hey, im not into preseason to see us win. I realise what goes on and i realise in preseason the coaches try new things they wouldnt normally do but it just is a concern to see guys like Wilhelm missing tackles and Derek Smith just flat stinking it up when he is replacing one of our guys for 4 weeks. The offense hasnt been real good but that doesnt even faze me. I know they will be alright.