1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Naanee tells tale of deception

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, May 23, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007
    By Casey Pearce, Chargers.com
    Prior to last month’s NFL Draft, one internet scouting report on Chargers fifth-round pick Legedu Naanee said that the 6-2, 226-pound pass catcher had “deceptive speed.” Deceptive is actually a word that plays a prominent role in Naanee receiving an opportunity to play professional football.

“My dad was afraid that sports would get in the way of our studies so he didn’t want me and my brother to be involved in athletics,” Naanee said. “We’d have our mom take us to the games behind his back. It’s pretty funny when you look back at that situation.”

Naanee’s father Agbora was born in Nigeria and immigrated to the United States in the late 1970’s. He settled in Portland, Oregon where he met and married Legadu’s mother. Agbora brought with him traditional Nigerian values that led him to emphasize academics and discipline as he raised Legedu and his younger brother. But for nearly three years, Legedu’s mother signed him up for youth sports leagues and shuffled him to and from practices and games.

Full Article

2. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    The rest of the league may know that the Chargers are a really good team, but I don't think they have any idea how little the loss of McCardell, Godfrey, Kiel and Edwards are going to affect us. I don't think they understand that we are going to be an even stronger team than we were last year. If this is the year I think it is and the DB's finally turn that corner, Trent Green's fear of us will spread throughout the league. Opening against Chicago and New England really means they won't have much of a read on us at all going into the games. Last years films won't mean as much and they won't quite know how to game plan Cooper, Wilhelm and Cromartie. They won't have a good read on the receivers, either. I hope they think they can run the same schemes against us that they did last year. These games give us a chance to define the status of the Chargers and to carry over an intimidation factor into the following 14 games and the playoffs.

:abq2: :rockout:

This is what the rest of the division will see of us.
    :wave:

3. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    I can't wait for his first long touchdown. As he outruns the opposing teams defense I'm gonna sing:

"Naanee Naanee, Naanee Naanee, hey hey hey, goodbye!":yes:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Welp Mr Nanee you just received the kiss of death. :lol:

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    gooooo vincent jackson :lol:

7. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    He has learned well, this young receiver, but he is not a Jedi yet! The Council will decide whether he will become a Jedi Knight.

:bolt2:

8. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Vincent and Malcolm. Not Paduahns anymore.

:tup:

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928

oooookay