1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Nate Clements ranks the NFL's 10 best receivers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Clements: Numbers don't lie for Harrison

San Francisco 49ers cornerback Nate Clements ranks the NFL's 10 best receivers, based on personal experience. Clements has played in 112 consecutive games to begin his career, earning a Pro Bowl berth after the 2004 season.

1. Marvin Harrison, Indianapolis Colts

Clements: "I think the way he runs routes separates him, and he has excellent hands. He is a sure-handed catcher. He has the speed. The numbers don't lie."

2. Randy Moss, New England Patriots

Clements: "He's been real consistent throughout his career."

3. Chad Johnson, Cincinnati Bengals

Clements: "Chad is very quick. He can catch the ball. He has good size. He runs good routes and he can go up and go get the ball."

4. Hines Ward, Pittsburgh Steelers

Clements: "I like Hines Ward. He's not the biggest, he's not the fastest. Some guys are just blessed with the size and athletic ability. He just goes out there and he is just a hard-nosed receiver. Because of the style he plays, he does not get the credit as a receiver. He is totally opposite of what you think a receiver would be."

5. Terrell Owens, Dallas Cowboys

Clements: "People may not like his personality, but when it comes time to play, he puts up the numbers. You can't argue against that. He definitely has the size. He is a big, strong receiver."

6. Chris Chambers, San Diego Chargers

Clements: "There are so many players in this league who get overlooked because they've been on losing teams. I feel he is definitely one of those guys. When he was in Miami, he was definitely their No. 1 receiver. We saw what he is capable of doing when he goes to a winning team. His pace doesn't stop. It picks up."

7. Andre Johnson, Houston Texans

Clements: "He's a workhorse, he's a physical specimen and, unfortunately, he's been on a team that hasn't been winning too many games, so he has been one of those guys who has been overlooked as well. You put him on any other team that is winning and he'll definitely be recognized. He is definitely a stout receiver."

8. Torry Holt, St. Louis Rams

Clements: "When I think of him, I think of a track meet, a guy who can just run all day. He has excellent hands and runs good routes."

9. Steve Smith, Carolina Panthers

Clements: "He's explosive. He is a game-breaker."

10. Roy Williams, Detroit Lions

Clements: "He definitely has the size and the speed, good hands. It's just that he's been on a losing team as well. He is definitely a good, quality receiver."

LINK

2. BrOnCoS/32/33

BrOnCoS/32/33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    All come on Thumper Nate Clements top ten :lol: I had a better top ten then he did,but i see where your getting at :tup:

3. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I have to admit, with a few exceptions, you probably had a better top ten WR list. I personally think Chambers should be in the 12 to 15 spot of the top WRs. I also believe he might make a leap up that list after this season as this will be the most talent he's every had around him for a whole season.

The part about Randy Moss should show Clements isn't a very credible source. Anyone that ever saw Moss play with the Raiders knows this Clements comment is complete BS.
    But, I posted this because it was relevant to Charger fans. Truth is, your list, my list, Nate Clements' list don't really mean much. All that matters is results.

4. BrOnCoS/32/33

BrOnCoS/32/33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    Here is Chambers burning Nate Clements

5. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    The only reason his top 10 is signicant is because he's actually played against them. What I get from this is that these guys gave him the most trouble, or maybe players he knows. I highly doubt ur a Bronco DB (unless...Marlon?), so u haven't had to try to jam them at the line or run down field with them. This is his personal opinion, based on his experience with them. What I like about it is that he gives props to underrated players that are on crappy teams, like Roy Williams and Chris Chambers when on Miami. With better talent around them, they could be the studs everyone will know.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Very good point! :tup:

7. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    Why isnt Eric Parker on that list?

8. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    cus it's a list of the best WR's man.:unsure:duh

9. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    That Chambers is on this list despite playing for the fish is most encouraging.

10. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    That is a very good point. It's easy to make a WR list when the only ones getting the highlights are the WR's with good teams.