1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Nate "The Great" Kaeding.....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Chargers-Superhero, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Not...

Attached Files:

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Wow, lets all pile on already.

3. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    Do we really need more threads on this?

It's getting about as bad as B4L's Norval obsession.

4. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    No, not yet. It takes me awhile to just let certain things go. :icon_evil:

And this has happened before...:icon_evil:

Only the W.A.S.P.-Kill, F*ck, Die cd will get me through this...

5. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    Then go ***** about it in the same thread that already exists. :icon_shrug:

This is less about defending Nate and more about not wanting to see the front page flooded with threads all on the same subject.

None of us likes it when NMN or B4L starts a new Norv thread every other hour, why is it ok to start a new Nate Kaeding thread every two minutes?

6. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    You know, I always hated when the Chargers radio announcers used that stupid nick name for Kaeding.

7. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
  8. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    They should all be combined together..:icon_rofl: Get a Mod.

9. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Listen man one ******* is enough. I am the original Kaeding basher. Quit doing my job. This is my gig. Go get your own player to bash.

10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    What a trip, not one single person in here can do what Kaeding does nor will any of us feel as bad as he does about it.

11. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    It seems like I heard that a couple times before.

12. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    But there are other people who can and I'm sure fans would like to see someone who can do it in the playoffs more consistently.

A lot of us couldn't play at the level of most 3rd string NFL QBs. That doesn't mean I want a 3rd string NFL QB starting for the Chargers.

13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    by that logic we can't criticize any of these players

14. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Criticizing is one thing, Nate sure played a poor game this past Sunday. Fire Kaeding he ain't _________ insert word. My Grandmother could have hit those kick's, cut him now.

15. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    He can't make playoff kicks even if he's deadly accurate in the regular season, that can't work.

I've heard that Nate gets one more year with hte unspoken promise that if he messes up in the playoffs one more time he's done

16. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    Actually I think all of us on this board are quite capable of missing field goals. That's why we're not on the field. He shouldn't either.

17. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    I hope we go after a kicker this offseason. I think he's broken beyond repair. Going 0-3 in the playoffs says it all. I mean you can just tell that it's too much for him to handle.

18. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    My whole point is, let's leave the decision making up to those who get paid for it. I think Cro should go because he doesn't even try at his position, Kaeding at least put forth the effort.

19. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    We should get another kicker and keep Nate.

Nate can kick in the regular season where he's an automatic 3 then bring in the other guy for the playoffs. :lol:

20. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    So only the players you want should get the boot. Ahh I see. How can you determine that Cro's "try" wasn't as good as Nates? Nate went 0-3 and 0-2 on what's considered a chip shot for him. If Cros screwed up it wasn't as evident. Now I'm not defending Cro. He's a slacker, but what I am saying is that if you think Cro is a weak link then by the same token you have to think the same about Nate. The fact that he "tried" has nothing to do with the fact that he can't make a kick in the playoffs to save his life.

That's a pretty lame excuse for Nate man. hahaha he tried... oh man.

21. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Cro is the highest paid spectator of pro football on the field. I'd rather have a guy that tries on my team rather than a guy that wait's for someone else to do his job.

To be honest, it doesn't matter what I think, you think or any fan thinks. It's what Norv, AJ and Dean decide to do that counts.

22. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    He needs to see a sports psychologist and decide where the problems are with choking. He missed all three of those kicks by about the same amount. He froze!!!!!!!!

23. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    As great as he has been for us in the regular season, he is a choke artist in the playoffs. I supported Nate after the 2004 playoff miss. I said give him a chance, he's a rookie. Continued to defend him after the missed kick against the Pats in 2006 (not really his fault, was my thinking at the time).

But after last Sunday, the writings on the wall. Dude is a choke artist. He could have missed the 57 yarder, I expected that, but not the other 2.

I like Nate. The best the franchise has ever had, but kickers are cut every day when they can't come up when your team needs you to be. You can't blame the offense saying "well if they scored a TD it wouldn't matter". It does matter. He's part of the team, and it's his job, and he's only called upon a few times in a game.

He needs to be accountable for his play. I'm pissed at him, but there is nobody that feels worse right now than Nate. I know they won't cut him, but something has to be done, because this will be with him from now on. It will be tough to overcome IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  24. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    Hey man... this isn't a therapy session... it's a forum and only two days after Nate's kicking let us down....

"The Great One" needs to see the sports psychologist not me.

25. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

I'll go out on a limb and guess he makes more money for not doing his job than all of us on this thread - put together...

:lol:

I need therapy, my Bolts are breakin my heart!!!

:icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry:

26. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    Like I said, I have no problem getting rid of Cro. But Nate needs to go too. He's not the long term answer to that position.

And yes, we do have a say in what the team does. You can bet your a s s that the Chargers know that Nate has an extremely small approval rating among the fans. They read the boards, they read the papers.

That is, unless they are happy where they are. Which is possible and in that case I can assure you that the Chargers wont sniff a superbowl ring next year.

27. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Isn't he the highest-paid kicker in the NFL?

28. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    12mil