1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

National Embarrassment - No Sellout Yet

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Kwak, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    I know the die hards on this board will be there, but I just had to listen to a national broadcast on the way to work ripping the Charger fans a new one on not selling out the home opener.

How can a team that has LT, Merriman, Gates and Rivers who are all getting national pub and after we stomped the turds into next season not sell out a home opener? I have to admit it is embarrassing. :tdown:

TV blackout looming over Chargers fans
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20060913-9999-1s13chargers.html

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Was, in the past, required to sell out to get TV coverage or was it up ot a certain point in ticket sales?

3. Critter

Critter BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    I think part of the problem is that you cannot buy tickets for just this game.

You have to pair it up with another game.

4. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    What a buncha pansies. But I guarantee all the people who are making excuses and *****ing about this n that, will act like they were there supporting the team the whole time when playoff time comes. Whatever excuse makes you pansies feel better pansies...:tdown:

5. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202

BULLS*IT YOU CANT

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    that's a raider game only isn't it? :icon_huh:

7. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    If they think that then they are more likely imbeciles than true fans....:icon_shrug:

8. anger management

anger management Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6
    You can buy tickets to this game only.

It will be sold out.

:bolt:

9. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    There is still 2000 more tickets that need to be sold by mid day. Our only hope is for some corporation to come in a buy the lot. It's just freakin sad if we don't sell out the opening game. :no:

• Like Like x 1
  10. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I'm truly embarassed and confounded by the lack of a sellout. I've always defended my Bolt brethren by saying that once we fielded a quality team people would show up. While this has proven to be true in one instance, with record season ticket sales, it seems there are not currently 60,000+ Charger fans in San Diego willing to attend a home game. I'm sure that will change when we host a team with a bigger fanbase i.e. the Steelers.

It's pains me to admit that we need an opposing team's fans to sellout our own house, but that certainly seems to be the case.

People need to nut up and support this team. The product on the field is too good for them not to receive the full-throated support of a full stadium of rabid fans.

11. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    The Chargers have just a few hours remaining to sell slightly fewer than 1,500 tickets and get the blackout lifted for Sunday's game. The deadline is 1:15 p.m. today. 9-14-06

• Like Like x 1
  12. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    why don't you invite old school like boltssb invited leisure. :icon_mrgreen:

13. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    That is about 3% of the tickets in the stadium...... In my eyes that should be considered a sellout. I have to be in LA (dont ask), so I was expecting to watch it on DVR when I returned....

On another note, I may be getting a new job, which would result in my ability to attend another game or two this year..... stay tuned Bolt Talk.... more Chinese BBQ spare ribs may be on their way to the Q! Still jonsing more mixed Carne and Pollo Burritos from Trumpie's grill!

14. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    It will be sold out and we will win GO CHARGERS :yes: :tup: :foley53: :bolt:

15. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    Ive already heard countless excuses about the price of tickets and parking situation. Needless to say ive told them exactly what I think. Like I said, one thing is genuinely not being able to attend because of money issues or whatnot. But to ***** about paying 10 or 15 bucks more, or that you lost your fav tailgating spot !? :tdown:

16. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    How do you find time the time to post on this thread, Leisure? Don't you have "family" obligations?
    :nana_rasta: :kisskiss: :puke: :sleep014: :icon_finger: :guns: :lama:lttehghost::icon_wtf:

17. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    I just won;t drive in anymore. luckily we have a legend named Trumpet Man that allows us to bring stuff to tailgate with. Makes life much easier that way. MY first season I had season tickets, I knew no one, so my wife and I would buy sandwiches and a 6 pack, ride the trolley in and sit in the shade under the trolley tracks, eat the sandwhiches, and drink a few beers before walking in. so have a place to hang out at is wonderful. Would I still prefer the inner-ring parking I had for the last 2 seasons...Hell yeah but not for 1K a year.

18. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

leisure, all you have to do to get out of the family obligation is to fake an illness.

Tell them you had to have an emergency appendix operation. :icon_banana:

19. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I highly encourage people to just bring whatever to the tailgaters - drinks - dishes. We have a grill for those traveling light.

I try to bring a "somewhat" empty iced cooler for the dudes and chicks who just do not want to hassle bringing one on a trolley or are late getting into the parking lot or whatever ...... it makes life easier.

We have plastic cups for those who need to mix stuff.

This game will sell out here in the next 45 minutes.

See you at the gater.....

20. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Here's the problem-

I just went to ticketmaster.com to try and buy tickets. You do have to buy tickets to 2 other games to get these tickets.

Then when I go further to try and purchase I get this message:
    So doesn't seem like the Chargers are really trying to sell out. Something fishy going on if you ask me.

Next important thing to think about. Why in the world would a Charger fan buy tickets from the Chargers box office or from ticketmaster? The CHEAPEST tickets available are in the neighborhood of $54 each. Multiply that by 3 for all the games you have to buy. This is for the worst seats available. Right now I can buy a ticket to this gam on stubhub.com from someone trying to dumb his/her tickets for $22. So even if I bought tickets it wouldn't add to the number that need to be sold to lift the blackout.

This comes down to the greed of the Chargers and the NFL in general. If they made the tickets reasonably priced and easier to purchase, we would sell out EVEY game guarenteed.

Could you imagine going to a movie and they tell you you can watch the movie you want to see, but only if you watch two other movies.

21. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Or an emergency hysterectomy. :icon_banana:

22. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    10 minutes to BLACKOUT ?!?!?!?!?!???? :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

23. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I voted for an Addadictomy pronounced (Add-a-dick-to-me) :icon_mrgreen: