1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NBA All-Star Game

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by bigmike.x.09, Feb 16, 2008.

?

Who will win the All-Star Game?

Poll closed Feb 18, 2008.
  1. East

33.3%
  2. West

66.7%
  1. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Who will win the all star game this weekend??

2. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    The NBA ASG is a big joke. Hasn't been real competitive since the 80's/90's when they actually played some defense. And I know that it's just an exhibition game, but still play some damn D!

• Like Like x 1
  3. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Im against all star games being played half way through the season. Many players that start slow and end up with monster years get snubbed. But I guess its what the fans want to see.

4. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    I dunno bout all-star games before mid-90s, but lately they have been all the same=> boring, no defense, alley-oop, turnover fests for 3 quarters, then suddenly a good game breaks out in the 4th. It's not that bad, and for sure is ten times better than watching the probowl. And the slam-dunk contest was kinda good with Dwight Howard's Superman Slam and Gerald Green's Blow Out Da Candle Jam, not to mention a time restriction and fewer competitors to get rid of those marathon rounds of missed dunks.

5. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Who cares

6. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    as a basketball addict, i do :yes:

7. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I wanted to select "who cares" also, but it wasn't an option in this poll.

8. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Basketball has been going downhill for years. They do not play it the way it is supposed to be played and the way it was played back when it was real popular. That is why they get their butts kicked in the internatonal games because they arent used to playing it correcly so they lose and the refs in those games dont let them get away with what they can in the NBA.

I hate how 3/4 th's of the teams make the playoffs and how they last for two grueling months. Cut the playoff teams in half already and dont play every two friggin days.

That dunk by the guy with the cape on was a joke. He has to wear a cape to make it look better because what he actually did wasnt anything that hasnt been done in the past 20 years......asside from the cape that is.

He's no Dr J, thats for sure.

9. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    I have to agree. Basketball has been missing....Michael Jordan. After Jordan left the league, basketball has been about money. sound familiar? Its not a sport anymore.

10. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    I can't stand pro basketball. No defense, drive the lane and get fouled is what it has turned into.

11. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    I used to love b-ball too. To me, what killed it was the damn charge foul call. Waaay too many floppers nowadays. You would think the NBA would be more exciting now with teams going more uptempo like the Suns do. But everyone is too athletic for their own good now; Only a few good shooters with floaters and mid range jumpers, while everyone else are either 3 point shooters or layup and dunkers.

Don't forget, the NBA was boring even in Jordan's time. I would fall asleep watching the Ewing and the Knicks battle Alonzo and the Heat every time on tv. Back then, it used to be one guy holds the ball, everyone clears the way, and guys like Jordan, a young Iverson, or Tim Hardaway would go one-on-one to the basket. If you missed, Rodman, 'Zo, Ewing, or another big would put it back. play D, then repeat.