1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'All Other San Diego Sports' started by RaiderRay, May 17, 2018 at 8:47 AM.

1. RaiderRay

RaiderRay RIP SD Chargers...Go Padres, Gulls, Ducks, Raiders Staff Member Administrator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +1,851
    Does anyone care?

I've loss a lot of interest in today's NBA. (Still cling on to the 90's Bulls memories)

But I hope Boston or Cleveland wins it all. Can't stand the Warriors or Rockets.

2. Concudan

Concudan Meh... Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +5,567
    I could never get into watching Baskeetball

3. RamAirVA

RamAirVA New Name, Same Attitude

Ratings:
    +446
    *looks over*
    Meh
    *turns back to the NHL*
    :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. LABoltFan

LABoltFan Bunker Transplant

Ratings:
    +211
    Meh. This Warriors team is truly the most boring "dynasty" the league has ever seen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +653
    I don't know **** about the rules and names and strategies of basketball, but I've really come to love watching the game at bars. Before I get into saying what I am digging about the NBA, let me throw in this caveat. The NBA is totally rigged, far more so than the NFL. I'm talking borderline WWF stuff. I mean, does Lebron even need to dribble at all?

That being said, I never tire watching 7-foot freaks juke their way to the hoop. Centers have come a long way since the days when the best big-man move was Kareem's sky hook. Guys his size today are better ball handlers and are now shooting it from beyond the three.

As far as the statement about the Warriors being boring, I don't get it. Kevin Durant is the man, and what's his face's threes are insane.

Last edited: May 17, 2018 at 7:13 PM
  6. LABoltFan

LABoltFan Bunker Transplant

Ratings:
    +211
    I guess what I mean by boring is it seems like the team has no “personality”. The Showtime Lakers, the Detroit Bad Boys, the blue collar Celtics, Jordan’s Bulls. Even Lebron’s Heat had some interesting storylines with him and Wade trying to get their titles.

Maybe it’s just what I see as a true lack of competition that dulls it for me. There used to be true powerhouse dynasties and real competition even to get to the finals. Lakers had to go through the Malone/Stockton Jazz, a couple really good Mavericks teams and even in the Shaq/Kobe era some really good Kings teams. The Celtics, Pistons and Bulls used to have to kill each other to even reach the finals.

7. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +653
    I watch with the sound off. If I want personality, I call over the bartender.

8. RaiderRay

RaiderRay RIP SD Chargers...Go Padres, Gulls, Ducks, Raiders Staff Member Administrator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +1,851

I HATE the modern game of chucking 3's all the time. Where's the inside post game? The mid range game? Attacking the rim? Russell Westbrook is the only one who comes to mind that resembles the old school type of player.

9. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +653
    I guess we are opposites. Give me the deep 3s and the crazy ball handling. Lebron, to me, is old school boring. So he can slam through people and make a dunk? That's weak sauce to me. So are any of the shots from the paint. Big whoop. Get me a guy about my size guarding me and make the hoop height equivalent to my height, and I bet I could make a few shots from mid range.

Show me the stuff I could never do even if I were 7 feet and as muscular as an ox. I can't make a shot from where Curry shoots it unless I get super lucky. And I can't do any of that fancy ball handling the modern bball player can. In the old days, only a few guards could do the things just about every NBA player can do now.

The only thing I ever liked about any basketball player from the past was Magic's fancy passes. Nowadays, they all do that. The level of play, at least from my inexperienced mind, is way beyond where it was just a few years ago.

Last edited: May 18, 2018 at 3:22 PM
  10. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard FORMER Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +1,757
    Never been a big NBA fan, but I latched onto the Celtics in the 80's because I worked with a bunch of Lakers fans, and that seemed to be who they were playing in the playoffs most of the time. So the very, very, casual fan in me is rooting for the Celtics.