1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NBA suspends Stoudemire, Diaw for leaving bench

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by ChargerRay, May 15, 2007.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2007/news/story?id=2871615

This is BS. Might as well hand the series over to the Spurs.

2. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Thats terrible, soutmire was going in the game to play and so was diaw.
    at least big shot horry wont be there.

3. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +867
    The Spurs don't need Horry as much as the Suns need Stoudemire AND Diaw. With the Suns playing at home, they still have a shot, but their inside game will be non existent.

4. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

Agreed there the NBA screwed them with this decsion. I feel the same way with the warriors the refs never call anything on the jazz.

5. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +867
    Warriors/Suns..now that's one hell of a series. I hope it happens!

6. stone86

stone86 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +25
    These rulings are complete BS. Especially after Jalen Rose pointed out that Tim Duncan also had walked out onto the court after Elson had been knocked down after a dunk. Although there wasn't exactly an altercation taking place, Duncan's actions looked as if he was presupposing one... What I'm getting at, is suspend Tim Duncan.

7. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +867
    The key word here is "altercation". There wasn't any fights in both incidents. If you are going suspend Diaw and Amare, then the same has to be done to Bowen and Duncan. If the Suns lose game 5 and the series, then it will be because of Stern, not the Spurs.

8. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    The suns are a running team. They will win cuz they are hyped up now.

9. stone86

Ratings:
    +25
    Very true... Although they should be given suspensions, I really doubt they will actually give either Bowen or Duncan a suspension.

Also, on a sad note the Warriors are out of the playoffs... For some reason the NBA is trying to doom the Western Conference Finals with a Jazz Spurs series by giving the Spurs a huge advantage in game 5. Why do they want the most boring possible series?:icon_huh:

10. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +867
    It would have been fun to see GS in the Western Finals, but they just lost to a better TEAM, that played disciplined basketball. Jerry Sloan is one of the best coaches ever, and you have to give them their props. Fisher came uop huge, and Boozer is another Barkley in the making. GS, had a great run, but they need more experience, and need to keep their composure. Hope fully it will be the Suns vs Jazz in the WCF.

11. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +867
    It can happen. They need to hit their 3's, get a lead big enough so that it forces the Spurs to get away from their half court offense. If the Suns can score over 100 points, they will win.

12. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    hopefully...Thet shouldn't have been suspened in the first place..its a load of BS

13. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Leandro Barbosa:abq1: :abq2: :abq2: :abq1:

14. stone86

Ratings:
    +25
    I agree that the Jazz were the better team. However in my opinion, the jazz are a bunch of squares. I'm not a fan of half court basketball, and controlled sets. That's to me what makes the NBA boring, with the one-on-one isolation sets...it's just so slow. While the Warriors and Suns remind me of college basketball, with uptempo games and passionate crowds. That's obviously just one guys opinion tho...