1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NBC Tom Curran: Thoughts on game and about the Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by WonderSlug, Oct 5, 2009.

1. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Tom Curran posted his thoughts about the NFL teams league-wide. I'm just going to post the section where he talks about last night's game in Pittsburgh, and what he says about the Bolts in general.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/33168743/ns/sports-nfl/page/2

"Curran: Sanchez will bounce back... L.T. won't."
    NBCSports.COM

October 5, 2009

2. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    I don't agree with the LT part, but the rest is spot-on. I'm still convinced that given proper O-line play, LT can still be a big factor in the offense. If anything, I would have traded Michael Turner a year earlier instead of just letting him walk. Good running backs come and go, but franchise running backs are rare.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    While I think most of us would agree that keeping Turner would've been the better choice, I can not see how you could've convinced the fans, the public, and most importantly management to keep Turner at the expense of your franchise. That's just hindsight 20/20, though i did see some positive signs from LT.

As for the rest, yeah. This team has consistently for two years refused to show up except only when they want to or believe its in their interest

4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    this is what makes me turn the tv off after the first quarter

:tup:

5. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Damn 4 year rookie contracts killed us on this one. AJ should have extended Turner earlier when he saw what a solid backup he was. Can't win them all.

6. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Well I disagree with the LT part as well. I think his skill set is still there, but our offense is different now.

We are a pass first offense now instead of run first. That's Norv Turner for ya.

LT if you watch the game sunday night, you saw flashes of the old LT making jump stop cuts in the lane, etc....I still think he has it, IMO but they have got to get him the ball in open space. You can't expect him to make something out of nothing every play.

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    You guys better wake up & smell the truth.

8. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Yeah, the OL sucks *** this year.

edit: Forgot to add that the DL is sucking hard as well.

9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yes they do. And LT isn't 25 any more.

We kept Bennett & dumped Gartrell for a reason. Has anyone seen the logic of that move yet?

10. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434

The truth is you give him the ball 8 times in a game, I don't give a **** how much you are down by you are going to lose. He still has the best stiff arm in football and his ankle looked fine.

We look to much to throw it around to gates and VJ and forget that getting him and sproles out on screens is huge for this team.

11. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    LT might have all the right moves left in him, hell he might juke someone out their socks when he's 40. Problem I'm seeing is he isn't as quick anymore...he used to be so fast and could move away from would-be tacklers. That isn't something the O-line can help.

Give me a wide open hole and I might gain 3 yards at full sprint, but this is LT. His specialty used to be evading tackles, not needing a gaping hole to make a play.