1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ndamukong Suh Sports Science...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Boltergeist, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    Have you guys seen this? I'm not the biggest fan of off-the-field combine tests, 40 times, etc.....but given this guys ridiculous production last season at Nebraska...and the way he just OWNED in the biggest games of the season....this just further emphasizes what a freak he is.

It looks like the stars are finally going to align for the Lions as this guy is going to fall into their laps at #2. To me, he is easily the "can't miss" prospect of this draft. They already have their QB...and this will jump start the rebuilding of their defense.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sportscenter/post/_/id/43405/the-sport-science-of-ndamukong-suh

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Taking DT's in the top 5 very rarely works out.

3. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    That is IF they draft him.

4. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Better chance than them drafting another WR. :lol:

5. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    They don't have Matt Millen anymore to screw it up for them.

6. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    It hasn't recently...in part because it's rare that they get drafted that high. Here are the true listed DTs picked in the top 5.

#5 Glenn Dorsey
    #4 Dewayne Robertson
    #3 Gerard Warren
    #3 Sean Gilbert
    #1 Russell Maryland
    #3 Cortez Kennedy

Personally, while I'd be iffy with McCoy in the top 5 (although I think he'll be good also)....I think Suh has a greater upside than any of the DTs on the list above coming out of college...including Cortez Kennedy....He just looks like that rare of a talent with the work ethic to match. If he just matches Kennedy's prodution, he'll have been well worth the #2 pick at one of the more important positions on the field anchoring the line.

7. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    I see the Lions passing on Suh and drafting Okung.

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Suh is a can't miss type of prospect. The only thing that will limit this guy from being a massive talent for years to comer in this league is injuries.

Detroit needs to protect Stafford & therefore should draft Okung, but how do you pass on a talent like Suh? :unsure: