1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help on Wednesday, Please Post....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltsnow, Sep 10, 2007.

1. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    his response. Found this on the NFL Total access page.

NFL Vice President of Officiating Mike Pereira contributes each Wednesday during the season his "Official Review" segment, providing viewers insight into the close calls from the preceding weekend action.

I'm dying to see what he has to say about the Tommy Harris non call. Probably will need to bump this weds night.

Thanks

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I usually like the guy, but this time, he'll probably offer the excuse of "unfortunately, we can't review and overturn a non-call".

That needs to change IMO.

When a blatant, obvious, non-call ends up in a turnover, or allows/prevents a score, then they need to be able to overturn it if replay video clearly shows the egregious error. They don't have to assess any penalty yardage, just replay the down as if it never occurred.

I don't think EVERY play has to be reviewed for missed penalties, but only those that can be shown plain-as-day like yesterday, and cause such a momentum shift as a turnover or score-related.

3. stone86

stone86 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Use the damn college system, with officials in a booth upstairs. Review every play.

4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,422
    Eh, the refs gave it back to us when they let Lorenzo get away with that horse collar right before LT's TD.

5. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Before I answer this with a "not exactly" please refresh my mind. Did we get a turnover on the horsecollar play?:icon_huh:

If so, never mind.

If we didn't then all I can say is....the Bears ended up with the ball on the bad ref call. We didn't end up with with the ball when the refs missed the LoNeal play.

6. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,422
    We ended up with a TD on it, a TD we were previously robbed of.