1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Need some healing thoughts for a friend, folks

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Buck Melanoma, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I just found out last night that my dear friend & the drummer for our band most likely has cancer. He's been having some muscular issues lately & in a fair amount of pain. Yesterday the docs told him that he has a broken collar bone, apparently due to bone deterioration. He never felt it because of a large growth surrounding it. In addition to that, the bone in one of his upper arms is also highly deteriorated. They're going in Monday to replace that bone with a steel rod. The oncologist will be there to take samples of bone & tissue for testing.

Please keep a good thought for Paul, folks. He's like a brother to me & only 53 years old.

2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    My wishes go out to your friend Paul. Cancer is a horrible disease. My aunt recently died from pancreatic cancer which is one of the worse. Hope that his treatments work out for the best.

3. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    I will keep him in my prayers

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Paul has an appointment with the oncologist today. Keeping good thoughts. :tup:

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    He has my familis prayers...

6. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Best wishes Paul. If I believed in anything I'd ask it to take good care if you.

7. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153

I'm so sorry, Buck. It sounds bad. I hope and pray your friend is able to find relief from his pain and get some control over the disease.:icon_sad:

8. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Buck, best wishes and positives thoughts to your bandmate and friend. I hope you'll be rocking agin togther soon