1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Schwartz a whiney little bitch, blames AJ for everything.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Sep 22, 2010.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Agent: Deals in place, but no trade for San Diego Chargers WR Vincent Jackson - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN

SAN DIEGO (AP)
    Holdout wide receiver Vincent Jackson remains the property of the San Diego Chargers despite his agent saying he had deals in place with several teams before Wednesday's deadline.

Agent Neil Schwartz said he heard from multiple general managers, whom he declined to identify, that the Chargers were asking for ''wholly unreasonable'' compensation for Jackson, a Pro Bowler who had two straight 1,000-yard seasons. Schwartz said another GM told him that Chargers general manager A.J. Smith seemed to be ''squatting'' on Jackson.

''Archie Manning had it right about this organization,'' Schwartz said.

He was referring to when Manning had agent Tom Condon contact the Chargers days before the 2004 draft to ask that the team not take Eli Manning with the first pick. Smith did anyway, then swapped the rights to Manning to the New York Giants for the rights to Philip Rivers and several draft picks.

''Multiple teams have told me that they can't get a deal done with A.J. and some of the teams have referred to A.J. as 'The Lord of No Rings,' '' Schwartz said. ''That's how they characterized him.''

2. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    This guy is clearly embarrassed that he promised Vincent Jackson more than he could deliver.

3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I don't know, the Whitehurst trade last year looks pretty good :lol:

4. Helmutt

Helmutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +17
  5. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I would like to know what the agent believes to be "unreasonable" in regards to what his player is worth?

6. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    They wanted VJ to drive sober for the entire season.

7. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Unreasonable = Anything that keeps the agent from getting paid.

The ******* wants his paycheck, now he's got egg on his face for giving a player bad advice and trying to control the Chargers front office. Future free agents will point to this when Schwartz comes begging them to hire him.

8. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    FBOMB an agent anyhow, he's obviously trying to save face, no deal=no good for the slime of the earth.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    But but but it's all AJ's fault that i suggested that my client should hold out when a two year old knew that AJ and the Chargers had all the leverage. Then I am offended that the Chargers didn't just give my client away to make up for all my mistakes

YGBSM

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    This punk is just pissed because he was truly banking on AJ panicking & simply trading VJ somewhere, but AJ showed him & the rest of the NFL who is really calling the shots in San Diego, and it's not VJ or his agent.

Neil Schwartz is especially angry because he truly believed that right about now, VJ would be signing a phat contract somewhere and he would be collecting his tasty commisssion, but AJ has the control and refused to blink or accept less than his asking price even though many thought he should.

Instead of getting seriously paid, Schwartz is still forced to subsidize an overgrown child & his drinking habit, and Neil is none too happy about that - too bad!

11. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    You are 100% correct.

For some reason I can just see a child stamping his feet and crying. The things he said are so insanely childish.

12. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Hell has frozen over, and pigs are taking flight!!!

Pete Pricksco says something I actually agree with!!! Up is down, black is white, dogs and cats living together, MASS HYSTERIA!

Jackson's problem: His agents - CBSSports.com

Jackson's problem: His agents
    Posted on: September 22, 2010 7:40 pm

Does A.J. Smith have a right not to trade Vincent Jackson?

You bet he does.

But when the Chargers didn't work out a deal to trade Jackson, even though there were interested parties, that didn't sit well with Jackson's agents, who fired off some harsh words for Smith after the deadline passed for Jackson to be dealt.

"Archie Manning had it right," agent Jonathan Feinsod told ESPN. "They call (GM A.J. Smith) The Lord of No Rings for a reason."

They might start calling Neil Schwartz and Feinsod, Jackson's agents, the Lords of Stupidity.

Why isn't their client ready to play this season? All Jackson needed to do was play the season, show he was the same player he was when he went to the Pro Bowl, and the Chargers probably would have given him a long-term deal or he would have been a free agent or played for the franchise tag next season.

As it is now, he has nothing.

He is earning nothing.

He will earn nothing if he sits out the season.

13. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    something is baloney here. What does the jits wr getting a dui have to do with jackson. Thats a cop out by someone.

I thought teams first had to agree with the chargers for what the compensation will be and then the chargers would allow the team to talk contract with jackson. Something in the media is baloney here. Maybe alot of baloney by the media all around. As usual.

14. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Sorry didn't mean to make this a thread...please merge with Neil Schwarts thread.

15. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    lol i just made a thread about the prisco story too hahah

16. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Yeah just posted this on accident.

Can't believe I'm agreeing with something Pricksco says, that guy is so clearly a Raider apologist and a Charger hater its disgusting.

17. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    pretty much

:lol:

18. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I suppose I could understand if AJ was just being punitive and trying to screw VJ. But a 2011 2nd and a 2012 3rd seems like a perfectly reasonable request. If the Vikes did not want to meet the trade demands, oh well. Those are the risks of telling your client not to sign his 3 million dollar tender when he is a restricted free agent.

19. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Wow, for once Pricko is right. I'm shocked.

20. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    yo mods can we get a merge up in this biatch?

21. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Great minds think alike.

22. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    :icon_toast:

23. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    BTW I think its clear the Braylon Edwards arrest had something to do with this trade not getting done. I bet it scared some teams away, or lowered the Vikings offer.

It was HORRIBLE timing.

24. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Yeah what he said:yes:

25. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    If that's true, then it just shows the complete incompetence of some NFL front offices. Taking a risk on a player should be based on that player's value and what you think the chances are of him getting in trouble again. Basing your decisions on whether or not a completely unrelated player finds his way on the police blotter is just stupid. Do these guys have absolutely no conviction? Do they know what they are doing? At least AJ and the Bolts' front office have the courage of their convictions. If I was a fan of a team that was interested in VJ until Braylon Edwards got arrested, I would be terrified by my team's incompetence.

26. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Wouldn't you love to be there when this guy sits down to explain to Jackson that he's going to have to accept ALOT less than these two slimy agents promised just a couple of months ago?

27. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636

• Like Like x 1
  28. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    It seems to me that VJ's agents didn't bring a knife to a gunfight....they brought a pillow! Idiots. It is too bad VJ isn't smart enough to fire these clowns before they alienate all 32 NFL GM's.

"....do you see what happens when cousins marry?..."

29. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
  30. BoltWalt

BoltWalt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    VJ should get a lawyer and sue these agents for malpractice.

• Like Like x 1