1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

New 2014 NFL Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by DFlo, May 12, 2013.

1. DFlo

DFlo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, for those of you interested, I've put together an early look at some of the top prospects of the 2014 NFL Draft. Ideally to just get an idea of who to look for in this upcoming College season. Let me know what you think

2014 NFL Mock Draft

*The order was determined by the Vegas Superbowl odds as of last week

2. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +354
    Right now I can't see Tahj Boyd going in the top 3....Just can't see it. I think he is closer to 6'0" than he is 6'1". And I think that may just drop his stock to the quite a bit, but could be stablized if he plays well this year. I don't see Arizona picking at #5 next year either. But if for some strike of god that Lewan falls that far, I would take him. Although I am not as high on him as most, which is probably due to the lack of tape that I have watched on him. I have seen just some highlight reels and paid attention to him. I think after having a deep, but very average LT group this year ( outside of the top 3) there will be an early run on LT's next year. Just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Matthews227

Matthews227 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree! Though he has talent, there is no way he will go before Fales, Johnny Football, etc. Lots of other mocks dont even have Boyd in the first. Wonder where he got that idea from.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  4. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    It is way to easy to say who will and who won't be a 1st rounder. At this point last year, Matt Barkley was a top 5 pick, and I doubt too many people had even considered Lane Johnson in the 1st.

5. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Please don't anyone be offended, but just 2014? Really? I think it's time the Chargers developed
    a little vision, and began looking beyond the myopic low-hanging fruit of just the next 11 months.

Thus, I have taken the time to put together an early look at some of the top prospects of the 2022 NFL Draft.

Sean "Stinky" O'Reilly -- LT -- Bono Hewson Middle School, Boston
    DeShawn D'Shawn J'Mal Sharpton -- WR -- M'nthol Elementary School, City formally known as Detroit​
    Lil' Robbie Gronkowski Jr. -- TE -- Williamsville North Elementary School, New York​
    Ronaiah "Micro" Kneesian -- OLB -- Kamhameha Michelle Maylene Middle School, Honolulu​
    Baby Laufenberg III -- (Back-up) QB -- Hollywood Junior High, Hollywood​
    It's true that Sharpton has never played football before, but his half-court basketball skills bode well for NFL success. And O'Reilly may currently be known more for dodgeball and consumption of Lunchables than traditional team sports, but tipping the scales at 345 at age 13 forces us to consider him for '22.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    I hear Baby Laufenberg has one heck of a cannon. 2022 can't get here soon enough!!!! I think I'll go watch some of his high light reel on youtube.

7. Matthews227

Matthews227 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Very true, Lane's stock surged real late in the year.

8. Chris Duffy

Chris Duffy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    No thanks on Lewan. I've watched him for a while, and i really just dont see it, especially as a blindside protector. Give me Barr, "Tiny" Richardson, or Nix over Lewan any day of the week. Its not that he's not a good player. But i see him in the same class as Bulaga and Reiff (of recent history), who were "great athletes" who didn't have all that great of feet, but were mobile and did nothing but move guys in the run game. How he looks just doesn't scream franchise LT in the NFL, whereas i see that in "Tiny" Richardson.