1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

    You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Create an Account or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

New CNNSI mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by AnteaterCharger, Mar 9, 2007.

  1. AnteaterCharger

    AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2006
    Messages:
    18,448
    Ratings:
    +2,593
  2. MasterOfPuppets

    MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2006
    Messages:
    2,741
    Ratings:
    +468
    would the patriots really take another wr? looks like Brady was really po'd last offseason with their lack of wr's :icon_shrug:
     
  3. reddenedbeard

    reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2006
    Messages:
    2,939
    Ratings:
    +112
  4. PhillyChargerFan

    PhillyChargerFan New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2006
    Messages:
    1,961
    Ratings:
    +288
    If it played out that way I would have to lean towards Grubbs
     
  5. underoath

    underoath BoltTalker

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2006
    Messages:
    120
    Ratings:
    +7
    i think people need to give up on the idea that AJ is going to waste our first on a guard.
     
  6. reddenedbeard

    reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2006
    Messages:
    2,939
    Ratings:
    +112
    Just noticed that he doesn't even have Sidney Rice going in the 1st round .. hmmmmmmm.
     
  7. PhillyChargerFan

    PhillyChargerFan New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2006
    Messages:
    1,961
    Ratings:
    +288

    NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_twisted:
     
  8. RipTheJacker

    RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 31, 2006
    Messages:
    1,833
    Ratings:
    +152
    What is the difference between meriweather and Kiel?
     
  9. AnteaterCharger

    AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2006
    Messages:
    18,448
    Ratings:
    +2,593
    and Merriweather is better in coverage

    I guess tehy'd have to take a long hard look at him, we need safety help and he's there which he probably will be, we should investigate him.
     
  10. boltssbbound

    boltssbbound Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2006
    Messages:
    6,735
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Any of you draft "experts" think Griffin could be around when we pick?
     
  11. MtlBoltsFan

    MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2006
    Messages:
    9,687
    Ratings:
    +382
    He's on the bubble. I'd say 35% chance yes 65% chance no.
     
  12. reddenedbeard

    reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2006
    Messages:
    2,939
    Ratings:
    +112
    Heh .. I would say they we are as much of an expert as anyone else in the media.
     
  13. Electric Chair

    Electric Chair New Member

    Joined:
    May 23, 2006
    Messages:
    8,559
    Ratings:
    +579
    Mtl is money and way more in tune than the mediot experts. I love the odds he posted.

    Listening to AJ's remarks, I think there is a deal in place with Buffalo depending on how things fall. We wont know until draft day.
     
  14. foober

    foober BoltTalker

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2006
    Messages:
    2,980
    Ratings:
    +200
    I'm more worried by who new england got. Two guys we could really use. GRiffin and meachem.
     
  15. AnteaterCharger

    AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2006
    Messages:
    18,448
    Ratings:
    +2,593
    new england drafts really well; they will in all likeliness get two guys they can use
     
  16. reef shark

    reef shark BoltTalker

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2006
    Messages:
    937
    Ratings:
    +49
    thank you, i really dislike meriweather and if i die before he gets signed by us i will have lived a good life. he sucks
     
  17. BoltzRule

    BoltzRule Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2006
    Messages:
    2,238
    Ratings:
    +155
    Talent? :icon_shrug:
     
  18. reef shark

    reef shark BoltTalker

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2006
    Messages:
    937
    Ratings:
    +49
    says who? espn dummies like john clayton?
     
  19. BoltzRule

    BoltzRule Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2006
    Messages:
    2,238
    Ratings:
    +155
    Merriweather is a talented player, whether that equals into being a good player who knows. Talent isn't everything.

    But I have no interest in Merriweather. The guy I want is Griffin, but it might be a long shot for us.
     
  20. reef shark

    reef shark BoltTalker

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2006
    Messages:
    937
    Ratings:
    +49
    still didnt answer the question, it seems to me you are feeding off the "hype". this guy sucks. i also would like to get griffin, and since landry and nelson will be taken before him i really dont see him as that much of a long shot.

    he actually has character, unlike meriweather.
     
  21. BoltzRule

    BoltzRule Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2006
    Messages:
    2,238
    Ratings:
    +155
    I've seen him play, I never said he was a great player but neither was Kiel, but Merriweather can cover something Kiel couldn't do.
     
  22. reef shark

    reef shark BoltTalker

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2006
    Messages:
    937
    Ratings:
    +49
    apples to oranges. kiel has actually played in the NFL, meriweather was in the acc.... i will agree somewhat on his coverage skills he is pretty quick and has decent hands. but he is very small and he wont be able to tackle in the pros. the comparisons to ed reed are just ridiculous
     
  23. MtlBoltsFan

    MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2006
    Messages:
    9,687
    Ratings:
    +382
    Hey if San Diego drafts Merri-weather we have to trade Merri-men to San Fran so jokers like me can have good material.
     
  24. BoltzRule

    BoltzRule Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2006
    Messages:
    2,238
    Ratings:
    +155
    I don't think he's anywhere close to Reed. Reed was a stud in college. They're only compared because they both went to the U and that Merriweather is a good player, but he was never great like Reed was.

    Anyways I don't see how playing in the NFL means you have more talent. Does that make a ST guy in the NFL better that a phenomenally talented college player?
     
  25. Tha rock

    Tha rock BoltTalker

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2005
    Messages:
    439
    Ratings:
    +18
    His mock sucks
     
  26. Tha rock

    Tha rock BoltTalker

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2005
    Messages:
    439
    Ratings:
    +18

    Kiel=merriweather dude LOL
     
  27. LT-Express

    LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2006
    Messages:
    2,446
    Ratings:
    +343
    We had enough off the field problems last year, I seriously doubt we take a guy in Merriweather who has character issues....I say we go after a guy like Brandon Siler, or Buster Davis in the first and go and get John Wendling in the second or maybe Aaron Rouse! But I wouldnt spend a first round pick on a guy who could be in trouble all the time based on his college credentials!
     
  28. AnteaterCharger

    AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2006
    Messages:
    18,448
    Ratings:
    +2,593
    Well lets face it thats THE worst case scenario mock draft for us where EVERYONE is off the board that we would want. And at a point like that BPA probably is Merriweather but we'd have to see what happens.

    In all likeliness someone from this group will still be on the board
    Michael Griffin
    Reggie Nelson
    Justin Blalock
    Robert Meachem
    Aaron Sears
    Ted Ginn Jr (I hope)
    Dwayne Bowe

    and we pick someone from that group
     
  29. reef shark

    reef shark BoltTalker

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2006
    Messages:
    937
    Ratings:
    +49
    i didnt say kiel had more talent than anybody. but you cant really compare some college player's cover skills to an nfl player's. for example meriweather is playing against teams like duke and unc while kiel has to work against actual pro teams, its an unfair comparison. and why whould smith waste a first day pick on kiel anyways? because it looked like he had no cover skills or talent?

    you guys gotta believe me when i say meriweather would be a bad fit for this team. if you guys want to gamble on a safety with "character issues" that seems to have a lot of potential, go with aaron rouse from vtech at least.
     

Share This Page