1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

New Mohicans

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Its not a new movie. No remake of Daniel Day Lewis screaming under a waterfall “Wait for me!”. It is not an English assignment, nor is it even a historical paper on the native Americans of the north east.

No it’s a study in unity. Jelling. A team becoming one unit, not just a group of individuals. A symbol if you will. It started with Shawne Merriman. His new haircut is a Mohawk. He told the other members of the defense that this was his way of saying ‘ITS ON!” That he is serious this year and wants to dominate. Now many of the defensive players have cut their hair in a show of unity and readiness. According to Igor Olshansky, the D is jelling and they are all together in this. He said this morning on the Mighty 1090 that given a few wins, Defensive Coordinator Wade Philips might don the hair style of his focused D.

It may be a small thing, but to me it shows that this unit is together. They are ready to go and show the opposition that they mean business. The opposition will rarely see the Mohawks of the Chargers Defense. But they will feel the impact it carries.

This is going to be the year of the Charger D. The other teams will have to deal with that, or fall to it. Its not just the hair cut either. At mini camp fans were treated to a rambunctious Line Backing corps having fun with their warm ups. Dancing in a line and getting loose. They then ran past the fans delivering high fives to a roaring crowd who ate every second of it up. Then when the fun was over, the unit put such a hurting on the tackling dummies that I almost felt sorry for the things. Merriman and Foley seemed to be having a competition who could force theirs to stay down the longest. This unit impressed me that day. They WERE a solid unit. They were not a group of separate individuals.

It appears to me, based on Igor’s words this morning that a large part of the D is catching this. When you see a team play with the attitude of everyone looks out for the other, and no one is a star great things can happen. Just ask the New England Patriots fans.

I look for good things to happen this season, and our D to dominate. This is not a post filled with scientific facts, or stats carelessly stolen from other sites. This is my honest gut feeling. I will tell you, my gut is feeling good right now.

I cant wait for some Charger football… ARE YOU READY?! I know I AM!

GO BOLTS!!!!

2. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    AWESOME READ! I am not gettting a mohawk, though.:icon_mrgreen:

3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    My gut feels purty good right now, as well...but I jes had a big platea my wife's meat loaf!!:icon_mrgreen: :lol: :yes:

I'm hearing good things from folks in 'Dago about this D, and I'm very excitedta see it in action!!:yes: :tup:

4. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Wont touch it... Will not say first thought that popped into my head... Wont do it, it wouldnt be prudent at this juncture...:icon_eek:

5. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    yeah, prude...nt

6. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Well.... there's one place you can get a mohawk Rexy.... :yes:

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    :eek:hmy: :icon_redface:

Ahhh back to the Bolts D?:icon_eek:

8. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    i cant wait to see the pics...

9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Saturday, I am thinking I have to go now, for my peeps in other lands. Gotta take care of the Bolt Bretherin and Sisterin...:tup:

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    At least the defense has a nickname at last; the Mohicans!
    Lawyers don't get them though :icon_wink:

11. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Wait...of Rexy's mohawk??? :icon_eek: :icon_shrug: