1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

New sign at Arrowhead!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BossChief, Nov 4, 2009.

1. BossChief

BossChief BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Like McDonalds: Im lovin it!

http://twitpic.com/o9qk4

the Chiefs sent me this via twitter!

Not sure where it is placed or if there is only one or not either.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bolt-tastic voyage

Bolt-tastic voyage BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    while I appreciate your die hard attitude and love of your team and am thoroughly impressed by it, I do have to tell you that this sign actually perpetuates a losing attitude. First of all the first word of the statement is "Losers" anyone who reads that will have that word ingrained in their mind. If they wanted to be effective they would have started with winners and the positive and actually would have been best off not mentioning the loser mentality at all...its just not good for the mind. Sorry to burst the bubble. You should tell them to rethink that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I agree with just about everything you've said. And BossChief, I too appreciate the passion and support you have for your team but the difference is that Chiefs aren't expected to do anything this season and probably not next season either.
    The good thing about finishing at the bottom is that you can only go up from there. The Chiefs are in a good position to rebuild but it will be at least 3-4 years before they're competitive again.

My mindset was very similar in the days we sucked... ei: Leaf era. Now we're suppose to be one of the top competitors in the league and as a team, we're not even mediocre. NOW THAT SUCKS!!!

4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

I think it's a shot at Larry Johnson

:icon_shrug:

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

If so, it makes perfect sense.
    I never liked that a**hole anyway. He's always been an a**hole!

6. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Is that for real?

WOW.

Wanna send a real message that the shiit won't be tolerated? CUT HIM.

Then, go out and win some games.

Is this a Todd Haley thing? Or a Scott Pioli thing?

Doesn't seem like the kind of thing Pioli would bring over from NE.

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    If that's real, it's pretty effed up, IMO.

Just get rid of the problem(s) & move on - don't keep everyone guessing who it's directed towards.

As a player, I wouldn't find it very motivating. :no:

8. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I love it!!! :abq2:

9. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    That's got to be a gag by someone.

10. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    it's real according to nfl network.
    seems like an immature response to immature actions.
    is haley gonna be one and done??

11. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,413
    Seems kind of dumb to me.

If I'm a player on a 1-7 team a sign that starts with "losers" and ends with a statement that "Winners....find a way to win" it would hardly motivate me.

I'd think my coach, or whomever put it up, is calling me a loser because I'm not "finding a way to win".

12. BossChief

BossChief BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Its a shot at LJ and anyone his bad attitude has effected IMO

see above post

WORD!
    yep
    there is a petition to either deactivate him or outright cut him signed by about 7000 fans that is growing at about 300/hr...it was brought up on a couple ESPN shows and is on their web site right now.
    I feel they have already decided to get rid of Johnson and want to send a clear message to anyone with a losers attitude that they WILL follow him. I bet KC doesnt have 20 players that are gonna still be on the roster in 2 years. It all starts with taking out the trash.

It was sent to me directly from the Chiefs. It is no gag.

13. BossChief

BossChief BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    there are a few losers on the team that will not be here next year if they even make it to the end of this one.

14. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Of course it's a gag but it's kind of funny. At least someone has a good sense of humor during a rough rebuilding period.

On a side note; my son and I attended a Chargers/Chiefs game at Arrowhead a few years ago. The Chiefs fans were very passsionate and also very cordial. We had a great time.

I witnessed one of the strangest tailgating events that day. As I was walking between two separate Charger tailgates parties I passed a relatively large group of 30 to 40 Chiefs fans in jerseys sitting in folding chairs arranged like pews. Facing them was a tall guy wearing a white robe and a tall catholic style cardinals hat. He was speaking in latin or maybe it was just gibberish, anyway, every 30 seconds or so the whole congregation would chant "Chiefs, Chiefs, Chiefs!" and then drink beer. As they put down thier beer cans the man in the white robe would start up again.

15. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    And why was that strange?:icon_party:

• Like Like x 1
  16. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,413
    Meanwhile, Dewayne Bowe will read the sign and possibly think someone thinks he's a loser.

17. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    As for the petition idea... just stop going to the games if LJ is in uniform.

DUH

18. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    I didn't think that sign was very inspiring. Sort of lame, actually. I'm all for quotes and sayings and uplifting stuff..... but that just seemed sort of like, "This is your brain.... this is your brain on drugs...." Just laughable.