1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

New Stadium?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by bleed_bluengold, Apr 2, 2009.

1. bleed_bluengold

bleed_bluengold BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    any word on the new stadium? i just read that L.A. is gonna build a new stadium and should be open in 2012.

2. mrwrite

mrwrite BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think there has been any news on this for some time. Last I heard they are hoping the power plant in Chula Vista get's moved so they can use part or all of that site but even then there would be many obstacles. Let's just all pray the Chargers don't move to LA in 2012 :no:

3. bleed_bluengold

bleed_bluengold BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    yea i would hate for the chargers to move to LA. i dont think people in LA would like it either. with all the talk about players coming and going and getting in trouble, i hadnt heard anything about them staying in SD.

4. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    www.sdstadium.org

great site with great info :yes:

it's crunch time - some kind of progress needs to be made in the next 9-12months or the Bolts WILL consider giving their notice (per Fabiani).

chula vista seems to be the most viable site at this point, but the downtown location is also generating insterest. if you want to keep them, my advice is to make it known. post on forums when you see a topic about it, comment to news articles on the web, write to your representatives, contact the chula vista local government officals and/or san diego officials - whatever you can or are willing to do. it's going to be up to us, the fans, to get some action going but i still think it's going to work out :)

5. gobolts_charger

gobolts_charger BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11

As a quiet member of the group (going throgh some life situations right now) I can say there is a meeting at the stadium this Sat at 1pm in Sect. J1. There will be quite a few people there & we need more!! The people in this group are class act people who want to work towards what we all want...a new stadium in San Diego!!