1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

News articles about heroes-

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BFISA, May 15, 2008.

1. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
  2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
  3. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Dammit, Toby, that song makes me cry everytime I hear it!!!

4. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Me too, Darlin :icon_sad:

5. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    First time I have heard the song and seen the pictures. Both are very powerful. It's hard to see the pics of our soldiers and see how young they are. God bless them all.

6. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    You will recall, PO2 Mike Monsoor was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor posthumously for jumping on a grenade in Iraq, giving his life to save his fellow SEALs.

During Mike Monsoor's funeral in San Diego, as his coffin was being moved from the hearse to the grave site at Ft. Rosecrans National Cemetery, SEALs were lined up on both sides of the pallbearers route forming a column of two's, with the coffin moving up the center. As Mike's coffin passed, each SEAL, having removed his gold Trident from his uniform, slapped it down embedding the Trident in the wooden coffin. The slaps were audible from across the cemetery; by the time the coffin arrived grave side, it looked as though it had a gold inlay from all the Tridents pinned to it. A fitting send-off for a warrior hero.

[​IMG]