1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Next Preseason Tailgate - Cowbags

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Again, we are extending an invitation to those that would like to join us over at M4 for the next taigate party. This could be a TX BBQ theme or Tex-Mex. If you would like to bring a dish, please let us know what you are bringing and we can plan around it. We are hoping to have quite a few more tailgaters than the last game. The beer will be cold, and it will still be a good time.

Thanks,

Pointy :cool:

2. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Any Bolt Talkers coming to this one? It's going to be about a month before the next chance to tailgate at the Q. I will be there, as usual. Any thoughts on food to bring here? I was thinking of making some drunken beans.

3. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I'll be there with the boyfriend. Happy to bring some grub to share, I'll brainstorm a bit and let you know if I have any ideas but let me know if theres anything specific needed :)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

4. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    I was thinking of trying this new recipe I have for baked beans, but if you're already bringing beans I'm sure I can whip up something else. Just let me know!

5. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Alan, if you want to bring beans, then that will be fine. I will try to come up with some kind of TX BBQ item. Or I can bring some good carne asada from Santa Fe Meats in Chula Vista.

6. pure-sol

Ratings:
    +255
    Ok cool. I wanted to try this recipe out, it sounds delicious lol.

7. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Cowboys & beans, I smell farts already:whistling:

8. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Just wanna say I really like the replacement refs so far. A lot less ticky tac calls on pass interference, incidental contact with the QBs helmet, minor horse collars, and the games are just going quicker IMO.

There have been a few silly calls, and some polish is clearly needed on little things, but I think this is the way football needs to be officiated.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Dennis;

You can't bring your friend Mongol...

Fart_Scene_Blazing_Saddles.jpg

10. Boltage Bimbo

Boltage Bimbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Been trying to post this on the Bunker but the new setup over there won't let me. Make sure you have a grill coming for the carne and I will probably be hitting up Popeye's for chicken or something.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    I will bring my small grill, no problem. We can always heat the chicken in the grill. I may have to bring my special stove to heat up the tortillas too.

12. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Looks like this site will be the unofficial new home for tailgaters over in M4. Post if you are planning to attend this week's game, and if you are bringing any food items. It is always pot luck at our tailgate area.

13. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Sign me up to bring veggies, chips and dip.

Pointyearedog - Are you going with carne asada or bbq? I'll tailor the chips/dip to whatever you're grilling.

14. boltfanatik

Ratings:
    +112
    Exactly what popped into my mind when I saw cowbows & beans, Too damn funny Vic. LMAO

15. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Dennis;

You are one of the last of the old guard. You should make it to the tailgates if you can. If you have phone numbers for some of the old bunker folks, let them know where we are now.

16. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Is there anyone else planning on attending our tailgate? I have a couple of friends showing up that are Marines and they will probably be sporting colors other than Chargers Blue and Gold...

17. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    I will be picking up some carne asada, and bringing a grill. I will also have some hot dogs just in case we get some more folks showing up. Could we get someone to bring some tortillas?

Thanks,

Pointy

18. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I'll sign up for tortillas, guac, salsa, sour cream, chips, veggies and dip npnp

• Like Like x 1
  19. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    ^^^ Thanks Syd!

20. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Also, I have an extra ticket if anyone is interested. Just contact me via PM or at the tailgate, reasonable offers accepted.

Thanks!

Pointy :cool:

21. Nileboltfan

Nileboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    Dang, I'm going to miss it - again. And this time I can't even watch it on tv - what a bummer. Here's to hoping I can make the next one. Meanwhile - have fun!

22. boltfanatik

Ratings:
    +112
    I hear ya Tess gonna suck to miss this one as far as the black out Deano did it to himself and I feel It won't be the only one. :mad: A few cool ones and the radio will keep me in the mix! (PS Vic tell Mongo I said hi):D

23. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Okay, here is how things look far.

Beans pure-sol

Chicken Boltage Bimbo

Veggies, Salsa, Dip, Sour Cream, Tortillas, Chips, Guacamole Sydalish

Carne Asada, Hot Dogs, Buns, Sodas, Grill Pointy

I will bring a small table, but we could probably use a small folding table too.

The Porta Potty will be in place and it's paid for.

Anyone planning on attending? Did I miss anyone?

24. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    A message to Boltage Bimbo:

Don't forget to bring the Captain Morgan bottle that was left behind last week. I will also bring the extra Tecate beers that Ivan and Scott left in my cooler.

25. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Any last minute tailgaters showing up for this gig? Alright, it is Preseason Game Day! See you at M4! Our spot is under the trolley bridge at the east end of the stadium parking lot. Go Bolts!

Message to pure-sol:

I will return the six pack of Bud Light that you left in my cooler last week.

Pointy

26. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Now, I have a couple of guests that I wasn't expecting. One of my brothers is coming to the game, (Raydur fan?) and he is bringing our Dad who is a Chargers fan. This should be interesting.

Anyone bringing plates, cups, utensils?

27. pure-sol

Ratings:
    +255
    Thanks pointy about the beer, and my wife will be happy to hear about the Captain coming back too haha. I've also got a pack of dogs and buns I'll bring just in case. See you guys there!

28. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Alan;

Don't bring the dogs, I have plenty. (16) Plus, Boltage Bimbo will be bringing chicken and I also have some really good carne asada that I picked up from Santa Fe Meats in Chula Vista. You may want to bring some Coca-Cola for our friend the Captain...

29. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Okay, first of all I would like to thank everyone who attended the tailgate party. It seems that everyone showed up at just about the same time, and surprisingly the lot was full of opposing fans. We had some carne asada, hot dogs, and pure-sol's secret recipe baked beans. We discussed a couple of ideas for the home opener, I will start a thread in a bit about this. It was a warm one out there yesterday, but a cool win, even if it is the preseason.