1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Next Two Weeks

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Jesse Kemp, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +533
    I am not expecting much from this team record wise at this point. McCoy cost them too many winnable games against beatable teams. Had we won those games as we should have, we'd be in business. But alas, he's a coward and he's still our coach.

Now then, we are obviously still mathematically in the mix so perhaps I'll be proven wrong. But the next two games are doozies, as they play @ATL and then @DEN. While I don't hold out much help in general, I think they have to steal one of these to maintain even a modicum of relevance.

The schedule after these two is not too bad. But if we enter that portion at 2-6, I don't think it will matter. Unfortunately, the Falcons look like the real deal and Denver won't be so beatable at home. Even if the roster plays up and makes them winnable, I can totally envision McCoy crawling in his shell and choking them away.

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    You know, after watching the replay of the last 2 games... Some is on McCoy... But I think if the Spanos hadnt of ****** around with Bosa's contract, and he played, we took 3 of the 4 games we lost.

3. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,024
    McCoy is not a clutch HC so he can not be counted on to make crucially need half time adjustments and at time ballsy decisions which may be necessary to grab victory from the jaws of defeat. We have plenty of irrefutable evidence by now so to NOT even counter argue my statement.

That said, the FO is absolutely at fault for not putting the Team in a position to win from the very outset. NFL games are extremely hard as they are so in any given game when a W can easily turn into an L, this FO and ownership did not do the right thing by the Team and its fans.

#fuckthespanoses

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Seems a little rich coming from someone who belittled his injury. But hey, better late than never. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Are you going to play holier than thou now with your history on belittling players and the organization?

Seems a bit rich coming from you.

;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    No, not if my opinion stayed consistent. It's not the belittling, so much as the hypocrisy that stood out to me.

It was only a couple weeks ago that you were suggesting that Bosa was suffering from a bruised vagina. And this week, you're sporting his image as your avatar and singing his praises. I don't think I've been guilty of such a dramatic flipflop in my past player assessments. But hey, I didn't pick my signature based purely on whimsy. ;)

7. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +533
    Yes, that's true. In terms of personnel, it looks like our FO had their best offseason in some time. But they failed to move on from McCoy, and it looks like that one failure will be enough to cancel out other gains.

8. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Well I cant agree with your view of your supportive and uplifting posting style towards the players and organization.
    You have flip flopped on players all the way back to .com days, but always have some lame excuse of why it is appropriate. So I would say that you are an expert on that sort of hypocrisy... So you got me. Missing 4 games with a 'sore' hammy shows grit right? Not strained, not partially torn, but sore... You have invented like items to belittle players about.

Now that he is playing, he is exceeding my expectations. So I know where you stand on my take, you know where I stand on your history. Any questions or can we move on?

9. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Your response doesn't surprise me, it's what I've come to expect from you. In that, at least, you are consistent.

No, I don't instantly flipflop on player evaluations, and I'm not in the habit of judging a player harshly before they even set foot on the field. I like to actually see them perform before I make that kind of value judgment.

As for Bosa, you have to remember that he injured himself before he even had a chance to get into football shape, having missed the majority of camp. So no, being out for what seemed like an extended period wasn't that surprising. Nothing that would make me think he warranted the kind of insult you were throwing at him.

I get it, fan emotions run high at times, but that doesn't mean I don't find it silly when they slam players who've yet to get on the field, or those who lose their minds over what a player's mother said on Facebook. But, I guess that's just me. ;)

10. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Cool. You should expect me to post my opinions just as I expect you to. Your response did not surprise me either... You flip flop and say you don't, consistent... Good to go. I support players when they are on the field.

I will say that Bosa is playing far beyond my expectations at the pro level. He is consistent and does not seem to slow down like I expected him to based on his hold out for all the money now. I am pleasantly surprised and would expect barring any further injuries, him to be in the running for DROY. That after 2 games, he leads all rookys in QB pressures is astounding to me. If any of this puts a bug in your bonnet, sorry.

I also stand behind my statement that the Spanos' d!cking around on the contract cost us 3 games. Bosa is proving to be an element to the front 7 that can change the D from good to really good.

11. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    You've failed to site one example of my supposed flip flopping, but that doesn't surprise me either. ;)

If you hadn't noticed, I placed the blame on the FO from the beginning for dragging out the signing process, when the whole thing should've been done quickly, considering the base value was locked in anyway. This ownership has always had misplaced priorities. Winning a championship is what they should be focused on, not "winning" a fight with agents.

I'd love to stay and chat, but I've going out for a bite...... toodles.

12. Lawyers guns & money

Lawyers guns & money BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +108
    Agree. Best off season in over 10 years with the exception of HC. Tough to swallow because if they were 5-1 or 4-2 going into these next 2 they would still have a good shot going into the rest of the season even if they drop both. As it is they have to beat ATL in ATL. Matt Ryan is the NFC version of Rivers so it's not impossible and I still don't believe in Denvers qbs. We'll see

13. I Maze I

I Maze I BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +24
    Unfortunately for us we hit the "easy patch" in our schedule way too late. It would have been nice to have those early so we can build some steam while garnering some public support for the stadium vote.

Oh well. The realist in me thinks we lose the next 2 weeks and end up 7-9 or 8-8.

14. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    The "easy patch" was at the beginning. The league did everything it could to set up the Chargers for a quick start to help win the fans over for the stadium vote, and McCoy spit the bit. This organization can **** up even the best opportunities.

15. I Maze I

I Maze I BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +24
    How do you figure? Through the first 8 weeks we will have played 2 games against the reigning SB Champions, 4 games against playoff quality teams (including 2 against divisional rivals who ironically both happen to be away games... convenient), another game against a future HOF QB, and only 1 easy game vs the Jags who we destroyed.

The back half of our schedule we play the Titans, Dolphins, Bucs and Browns.

16. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    1. Chiefs are often late starters, and our big lead showed that once again. A game the Chargers had no excuse losing.
    2. Jags..... No need to elaborate. Bad team in a bad division.
    3. Colts.... Outside of Luck, they're aren't that great a team. They're last place in their division for a reason.
    4. Saints.... Not at all the team they once were. Terrible defense, and their 2-3 record shows that.

The Chargers had a great shot to be at least 3-1 going into the Denver game, but they blew it. Face it, it was a soft schedule of teams outside our division.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I Maze I

I Maze I BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +24
    I'm not saying they weren't winnable games, but to say it was so easy the league was "setting us up" is just not founded in reality.

18. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    LOL.... outside of our own division, all those teams are lower eschelon. Just how easy does it have to get for you?

19. Lawyers guns & money

Lawyers guns & money BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +108
    We are playing a last place schedule.

20. I Maze I

I Maze I BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +24
    You can't say "outside our own division" when half of our first 8 games are inside our own division and a quarter of them are against the reigning SB Champs. So much for your tin hat theory that the NFL is scheming to give us a soft schedule early.

21. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    LOL..... You do realize that you always play the teams in your own division. There's nothing the league schedulers can do about that. :D

Please tell you you're not as stupid as your last post makes you out to be. The Chargers got a schedule that reflects where they finished.... near the bottom. If that fact isn't obvious to you based on the teams they play this season, then I can't help you.

22. woodeye

woodeye Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51
    I watched ATL @ SEA start to finish in Jumbotron.

Our defense will have to come up big, pressuring Ryan and tackle their arses off.

It doesn't do any good to hit him-we need to consistently disrupt, and to affect his accuracy.

23. I Maze I

I Maze I BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +24
    You're the one who was claiming the league was setting us up for early success by giving us an easy patch at the beginning. All I've said was that was not true. Why is it that you argue about everything, have no facts to substantiate your opinions, then when I don't agree with you I'm the stupid one?

24. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +533
    I think you're both right. Having to play DEN, @OAK, and @KC was somewhat challenging, but JAC, NO, and @IND were all pretty easy matchups. And yet, late in the season we have a number of cupcakes on the schedule. So really, the bottom line is that our schedule just isn't that hard. Which, for me, further highlights McCoy's ineptitude in choking these games away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. I Maze I

I Maze I BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +24
    Yeah I agree with this. We were gifted an easy schedule in general thanks to our record, and while we had some early winnable games I don't think the NFL was scheming to give us a particularly easy schedule early... they weren't doing us any favors.

26. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,151
    But I don't think that that's as significant as most fans assume...

Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 7.26.13 AM.png

27. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    "Last Place schedule" vs "First Place schedule" doesn't mean as much as it did 20 years ago when there's only two opponents difference between the two.

28. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    All those teams were winless when we played them........ Chiefs (obviously it was the 1st game), Jags 0-1, Colts 0-2, and the Saints 0-3. The early games were against weak opponents for the most part. Why that concept is so hard for you to grasp is beyond me, but I'm done trying. Have fun playing in your little sandbox.

29. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Not based on purely last years win percentage, but the Chargers were still fortunate to get a fairly easy schedule to start the year. Other than getting the Chiefs on the road (a team that was late getting going last year), you had three teams that are either in decline, or in the case of the Jags, still trying to get things going. It wasn't a hard schedule to start. The Chargers should've had a winning record before they met the Broncos, put they pissed their opportunity away.

30. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    Atlanta's defense is pretty vanilla as well. Statistically, they're worse than us. I expect Hunter Henry to have another solid game, both blocking and receiving. Could see career highs in this one, Atlanta's LBs are pretty dreadful in coverage. I think we will try to exploit that.

Also, the Georgia Dome is no terrifying place to play. The Bucs went in and lead from the 2nd quarter on and ended up hanging on in the 4th quarter to see out the win.

We have to get pressure from the nickel package, specifically Bosa, Liuget, Ingram and Attaochu, get Ryan off his spot and he'll hang his throws. Brown and Toomer will have their hands full with Freeman and Coleman.

I expect another close game.

If we win these next 2 away games, it will say a lot about McCoy, but also this roster that has been dubbed - talentless. Honestly, if we go 1-1 in these 2 games it will be enough to completely shutout the 'talentless' roster talk.