1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Next Up, The Bills

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by RM24, Oct 12, 2008.

1. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I know they're 4-1 but that only good team they've beaten is Jax at Jax which I have to admit is not easy. But their other wins are the Seahawks, Choakland and the Rams. AND, they lost to Arizona. Not to say this game will be easy (they never are) but this is a team we can beat imo IF we play with the same intensity and sense of purpose we showed against the Cheats. Thoughts?

Bills schedule so far:

http://www.buffalobills.com/schedules/game-schedule.html

2. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Can I enjoy this win for a few minutes please.... :lol:

:icon_tease:

• Like Like x 2
  3. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Same game plan next week. Stay aggressive and come out fast. But we should get there earlier in the week if possible to get rested and acclimated to the time zone.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    It will be a very tough game. Like the Dolphins, they'll be playing at home and they're coming off the bye week, which means that they had an extra week to prepare. Intensity and tempo will be key.

5. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Must mix things up, hit them in the mouth, and stay away from the chicken wings the night before!!!

The rest will take care of itself!!!

:bolt::bolt::bolt:

6. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Next two games are MUST WINs. Going into the bye week at 5-3 is crucial. Especially with Pitt and Indy looming afterwards.

I think it's gonna happen... :bolt:

7. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Yes! I take the Bills very seriously this year. I know that they don't have a lot of quality wins, and got beat by 'zona. But make no mistake, the Bills will be in the playoffs this year. :yes:

Plus they have an upper echelon power RB in Marshawn Lynch and he's just the kind of guy that can eat us alive. We need to stack the box and be STOUT against the run if we're going to expect to be successful.

TRUTH!

8. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    This is going to be a donnybrook of a game. There will be some pads a poppin and some slobber a nockin!

The most physical team will take it.

Big question, what it the tail of the tape, if our Receivers have between 4-6 inches of height on their corners, Rivers will drop the R-Bombs on them...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I hope you are right.

My concern is the players’ ability to motivate themselves and prepare to play 60 minutes.

They were able to do that yesterday, but can they do it for three straight weeks?

Recent history shows that the players have difficulty motivating themselves to play for multiple weeks in a row.

Hopefully the players can reverse this trend and prepare themselves like they did last night. :tup:

10. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    They need to bring Merriman along to fire up the team. Just like he did before yesterday's game.

11. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I noticed that. I think we need Shawne to travel with the team, since our head coach can't motivate for ****.

12. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I saw that to,

whatever it takes baby! We need to take a 5-3 record into the bye week

:bolt::bolt::bolt:

13. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    ive only seen one bills game this season against the raidurs and i wasnt impressed at all. BUT it was only one game so i cant base the talent of the team off that. i think it will be hard fought. we will be victorious!

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    They've got alot of talent on both sides of the ball and they know they have a chance to win the AFC East with the Pats on the rocks. They're well balanced offensively with a very good receiver in Evans and a good compliment with Hardy and a very good RB in Lynch. They'll be missing Edwards so I'd expect a more run based offense

Defensively Schobel ate up McNeil in their first meeting two years ago and they've got a good interior presence with Stroud. Their LBs are solid (I really like Posluzny) but their secondary's ok.

15. RaptorKC

RaptorKC BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
  16. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    This is gonna be a TOUGH game.

17. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I'll give you 1 day. :lol:

18. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    If the OL & Jamal play like they did yesterday, we'll take it.

19. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    I have a good feeling about this game. Trent Edwards will start, but might be still feeling the effects of his post concussion, so that might work to our advantage.

I think the Pats game has lit a fire under the team's ***.

(Cromartie needs to play better)

20. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I just got off the phone with Marty and he told me to tell you guys...

One game at a time men , one game at a time...

21. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

Rivers can only drop those bombs if he is given the time to do so. The offensive line did a great job in pass protection yesterday, but if they don't keep it up against the Bills, don't expect those deep balls to be there.

22. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    OMG!!! :icon_eek: Please tell me he mentioned "THE GLEAM"!!!!! :icon_rofl:

23. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Marshawn Lynch is the reason it's a good thing that Jamal is coming into his own again this season at last. We are finally controlling the LOS better than we have since the season began. Chambers should be back, and if he is, he, Malcolm and VJ will be a really good three wideout set to jerk the Bills chain with. Gates is getting healthier, too.

24. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    The defensive line played their best game of the season last night. Most of it was Jamal, but his play elevated the other guys. The only seriously weak links that I saw in the D last night were Wilhelm & Cro. If it were Brady with time, Cro might have gotten torched a couple of times. No more Deion, Cro!!!! :icon_evil:

It's time for AirNorv. That in no way means abandon the run, but we have receivers now who can be threats on all levels. Puny DBs beware!!! We CAN go over you! The OL just needs to give Rivers time. One of our guys WILL be open. This just makes more room for LT, Sproles, etc.

Maybe there is a gleam ...... :icon_huh:

25. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    We get an early lead, they will have to lean on Trent's arm. That will be to our advantage. We have a height advantage over their corners, the safeties are all about 6-1.